blue95

Corrado AWD 20VT

Dude can i first say i ahve been dreaming about buying my first corrado for weeks now (and its still many months off yet) but you have pretty much done everything i want to do witht he 4x4 covnersion except i will be looking at a R32 engine conversion, but major Kudos for what you have done it really is astonishing.

I know you have said that you began inexperienced and jsut learnt along the way and got stuck in, but unfortunately i wont have the luxury of that as it will be my daily driver as funds wont allow me to run two cars.

so my question is, do you know of anywhere you throw a corrado at and they do all this work for you?, if i had the time and the balls i would love to try this myself but i am lacking in both departments!!!

any help is appreciated :)

Regards

Cheers,

I believe another once 4x4 owner Ben originally got his done by a garage (think it was awesome gti???), although it does cost a few quid as there is a fair bit involved with hacking the old floor out and putting the syncro on in.

However watch this space as there may be one up for sale soon.... :(

Dude,

You know you dont wanna sell it ;)

I wont have enough funds even when you do come to sell it, i'll be lucky to scrape £2k for my raddo

Would i be right in saying if you have already fitted the syncro setup and done all the cutting etc etc it would be a relatively simple swap for a haldex unit so the power could be upped a bit more north of 350bhp? as i would be looking for figures alot higher than that and wouldnt see the point in fitting all the syncro kit to then have to replace it.

Regards

Dude,

You know you dont wanna sell it ;)

I wont have enough funds even when you do come to sell it, i'll be lucky to scrape £2k for my raddo

Would i be right in saying if you have already fitted the syncro setup and done all the cutting etc etc it would be a relatively simple swap for a haldex unit so the power could be upped a bit more north of 350bhp? as i would be looking for figures alot higher than that and wouldnt see the point in fitting all the syncro kit to then have to replace it.

Regards

Due to multiple redundancies in the household might not have much choice mate :(

With regards to your syncro Q, converting syncro is simply a case of putting the haldex brackets onto the rear subframe, and shortening driveshafts as well as sorting out the electronic controller for the haldex. Only other bit I can think of is modding the subframe gbox mount, to fit the new gearbox (unless you have the skoda 4x4 transfer box which will just bolt straight onto the existing gbox).

Refurbed wheel pics:

The inspiration: (BMW M5 wheels black chrome)

ETKA Corrado.pdfCB2.jpg[/attachment:9wmqszml]

My BBX RX done and fitted, colour is strange, looks chrome in pics but is more grey in real life, think the 3rd pic down captures it:

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfbbs0.jpg[/attachment:9wmqszml]

Corrado92.pdfbbs1.jpg[/attachment:9wmqszml]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfbbs2.jpg[/attachment:9wmqszml]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfbbs3.jpg[/attachment:9wmqszml]

Fully refurbed by BJV

Also had a play with these:

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfbsx1.jpg[/attachment:9wmqszml]

bsx2.jpg[/attachment:9wmqszml]

Any opinions on what wheels look better??

The RXs look great, the slight charcoal look seals it for me..

The other rims, if those are Lensos then id say no, i juts dont like reps..

The RXs look great, the slight charcoal look seals it for me..

The other rims, if those are Lensos then id say no, i juts dont like reps..

Yep they are lensos, they have a better offset than the BBS and are 16", car feels much more rooted with 16s, dunno if it's the bigger offset + skinny/stretch tyres though?

Car is now my daily and has not le me down....even in the heaviest of snow I got good traction. Was weird seeing alot of newer cars with the fancy traction controls unable to move LOL

Here are some pics from last week, the car was machine polished/waxed just before Ed38. Car was washed using lambs wool mit & Megs gold shampoo, then towled dry. Would really love to get hold of a decent/good value snow foam setup, any recommendations welcome.

ETKA Corrado.pdf1.jpg[/attachment:2cswvmfd]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf2.jpg[/attachment:2cswvmfd]

Corrado92.pdf3.jpg[/attachment:2cswvmfd]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf4.jpg[/attachment:2cswvmfd]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf5.jpg[/attachment:2cswvmfd]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf6.jpg[/attachment:2cswvmfd]

7.jpg[/attachment:2cswvmfd]

Plans for this year are purely mechanical, replace sparks, coil packs, relocate new washer and battrey, fix the exhaust, hopefully this weekend if I'm better.

Sukh Talk to Alex at Elite... alway get great advice from him...

Really need to see the wheels as thinking about BJV's Black Chrome :luvlove: for some of my wheels... Has it stood up to the winter ok?

You should pop down to Hemel for a Nomads meet sometime, they guy will go crazy over this! We should be having a Sunday daytime meet on the 21st!

Sukh Talk to Alex at Elite... alway get great advice from him...

Really need to see the wheels as thinking about BJV's Black Chrome :luvlove: for some of my wheels... Has it stood up to the winter ok?

You should pop down to Hemel for a Nomads meet sometime, they guy will go crazy over this! We should be having a Sunday daytime meet on the 21st!

Cheers, will give him a shout when I have saved a few pennies LOL

The finish on the wheels has took al the winter abuse fine, the also hide brake dust extremely well! LOL

MIght pop down on the 21st, depends on the missus as she is a bit moody at the mo LOL

I got a Nilfisk pressure washer from screw fix that came with an attachment that acts as a snow lance. Works very well and for £80 you can't complain too much.

Mark

Sukh,

Just sat and read the whole build thread. The car's a credit to you. I'd love to have the time and knowhow to tackle something like this. Well done. :salute:

I'm not glad I didn't have the money to buy it.

LOL - Glad I didn't sell it! have reached the conclusion if I can't afford to run it I will just lock the car away for as much time as it takes, untill I can.

I bet you're glad you didn't sell it now, Sukh??

Yep glad I didn't sell it, still bloody modding tho...can't help it LOL

Sukh,

Just sat and read the whole build thread. The car's a credit to you. I'd love to have the time and knowhow to tackle something like this. Well done. :salute:

Cheers, defo couldn't manage it again now that I know whats involved LOL

I got a Nilfisk pressure washer from screw fix that came with an attachment that acts as a snow lance. Works very well and for £80 you can't complain too much.

Mark

MMmmmm think I have a screwfix voucher somewhere :D

I love awd corrados, did you realy find doin the syncro conversion as easy as you make it seem?

I love awd corrados, did you realy find doin the syncro conversion as easy as you make it seem?

I have been told off by a few peeps who did it, that my build thread simplifys it too much, there is alot of work involved TBH, not just on the car but finding parts, making parts etc.

Think for every hour I spent on the car I prob spent 3-4 hours doing 'research' lol

I wasn't scared to try it before I read your thread, but after Reading I was super over confident about it, I've found from all the build treads, each one has a differnt story tell,

I have been told off by a few peeps who did it, that my build thread simplifys it too much, there is alot of work involved TBH, not just on the car but finding parts, making parts etc.

Think for every hour I spent on the car I prob spent 3-4 hours doing 'research' lol

Good to see your using it now dude, Its looking very shiney, just the car for the recent weather!!

I've been rubbish with getting on with mine, few other things taking up free trime and money atn but i really hope towards the end of this year that you wont be the only awd corrado in mk! :D

O and Emy, its not easy, its straightforward but it takes alot of time and commitment and motivation, it took a year and alot of work in our free time for me and my mate to build the 4wd floor into mine as the factory wouild have intended. - If you can speed up the process or pay someone else to do it i think it'd be easier to keep motivatied.... I got so bored at one point i went and bought a 350Z to have fun driving again!

very nice oe install right there, one of the best diy 1.8t installs i have seen. :notworthy:

Cheers fellas.....looking at 3k to do the roof...most of that is to pay for the scaffolding :gag:

All donations welcome LOL