Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged Junkie

Adrian Flux or Brentacre ?

Hi

Well my car insurance is due for renewel again, and i want to declare all mods this time to get my car fully insured.

Was gonna do it last year but Tesco send me the renewal notice and i didn`t open the letter for a month by then my insurance was already renewed, poor excuse i know but am very lazy at sorting these things out :oops:

Anyhow, Who`s the best to go with Adrian flux who i was considering until i read one of the other threads about them !

or Brentacre, who seem to have a good rep on what i`ve read so far?

Anyone know the business hours of Brentacre ?

Any advise?

Thanks

Ian

i'm with brentacre,just over 500quid f/c covered for unlimited mods upto 210bhp @ the wheels,they were a fair bit cheaper than flux

Having been with both I am now back with Brentacre again.

The only thing I would say for Brentacre is their modified cover is genuine, in that they won't just insure your car for whatever you say its worth, but will actually agree a price and honour it. Flux will pretty much agree whatever you tell them.

Have had no problems with either, but Brentacre actually came out cheaper this year £630 fully comp all mods declared (of which there are a few) and a decent insured value.

Jay

Yep, i`ve heard nothing but good things about brentacre, think i will go with them...anyone know what opening times are?

Ive read that brentacre actually know what most the mods are, remember trying to explain to some insurance company what a strut brace was :lol:

Do they work saturday, if so i think i`ll give them a ring!

Also love the way that tescos send you a automatic renewal notice saying that you don`t have to do a thing to keep your car covered, and NO WHERE in the letter does it say what to do if you DON`T want to renew :lol:

Cheers

Ian

I've had poor service from flux, and poor quotes from brentacre. Brentacre also told me that I couldnt have an agreed value on my mk2 Golf as it wasn't old enough.

I'm with HIC.

Having been with both I am now back with Brentacre again.

The only thing I would say for Brentacre is their modified cover is genuine, in that they won't just insure your car for whatever you say its worth, but will actually agree a price and honour it. Flux will pretty much agree whatever you tell them.

Have had no problems with either, but Brentacre actually came out cheaper this year £630 fully comp all mods declared (of which there are a few) and a decent insured value.

Jay

can only mirror this and in addition to what jay said the Brentacre boys give the most satisfactory customer service EVER from an insurance company, way better then Flux who ive been with too... The agreed value thing is also real and not something to draw in customers...

I've just switched from Adrian Flux to Brentacre, partially based on the stories that I've read on here about Flux. Premium is less and so is my excess. Also, I wanted to pay by direct debit installments and the interest rate is way better than with Flux! So I'm very happy with the whole thing!

I told Brentacre that I was recommended by the guys on this forum!

Don't think Brentacre do agreed value at all?

A proper agreed value policy puts you in a much stronger position if your car's written off. I'm with Chris Knott and they've always been fine with me.

Don't think Brentacre do agreed value at all?

A proper agreed value policy puts you in a much stronger position if your car's written off. I'm with Chris Knott and they've always been fine with me.

Yeah, I tried to get an agreed value policy with 'em last year and they werent interested, so I went with Flux

I went with Flux for a couple of years, they were very good, although the only thing I claimed was the free break-down thing (which is included in the price), and that went through wth no problems.

only reason I'm not with them now is that they don't do monthly patments, and couldn't afford to fork out for a year when I came back from travelling.

I'd go with Flux mate :)

My renewal from Flux was £571 so i got a quote from Brentacre which was £524 but the excess was £450.

I phoned Flux back and they have lowered their price to £510 and there is no deposit to pay. Hope the cover note hurrys up, the tax is due at the end of the month.

['H3R4POR]I went with Flux for a couple of years, they were very good, although the only thing I claimed was the free break-down thing (which is included in the price), and that went through wth no problems.

only reason I'm not with them now is that they don't do monthly patments, and couldn't afford to fork out for a year when I came back from travelling.

I'd go with Flux mate :)

Flux do monthly payments now - although their interest rate is really high - about 34% I think the paperwork I got said!