Sign in to follow this  
JIMMI

JIMMI'S CORRADO WITH 06 GOLF GTI TFSI RUNNING GEAR

Bloody hell - so pleased to see a Corrado being bought back to former glory (and then some) rather than been sent to that big old scrap yard in the sky.. superb work! :)

Well this is gonna be the final update in my members gallery, i am going to be selling the corrado soon. I have good reason though as there is something much better en route !! The corrado was always my second car as per my sig, a 98 M3 Evo was my main car, the GF has been using and abusing it for the past 8 mths and i havent been in it much. But she has recently changed jobs and is covering 400 miles a week and its costing a fortune in fuel in the M3, last week we bought a 2004 BM 320cd cabriolet for her to use, which means i have been given back the M3, it wasnt the same car after the wheels have been kerbed to death and the inside is covered in makeup etc so ive part ex changed it for a 2004 Phoenix yellow E46 M3 cabriolet which i collect on saturday, the car is gorgeous and to me is a worthy replacement ! Which leaves the corrado, i have really enjoyed owning and driving it but i have barely covered 1000 miles in it since march which is a shame and now it is going to be a 3rd car i honestly cannot really see it being used at all so i have decided to let the car go to a new home.

I have some pictures of the car as it stands today, the car is now 100% sorted and looks stunning as you can see by the foto's, the bodywork is A1 in every way, it has no chips, scratches or dents on it anywhere, the paint is all original bar the front panel, bonnet and bumper which have been replaced and painted, and as the foto's show there is zero fading on the red paint and it is as shiney as a new car. the black kendo rims suit the car perfectly and i doubt you will see them on another corrado after the game i had getting them to fit !!

The car has had every bush, balljoint, track rod etc changed so it drives the way it should, the engine is in perfect order and still pulls very strong. its really quiet and uses no oil or water, and it has the most comprehensive service history i have ever had with a car, which is confirmed by looking at and driving the car.

The worst thing about selling the corrado now is that i bought a Vortech Stage 2 charger a month or so ago and i have never fitted it as ive never had any time. I now know it wont ever be fitted by me which is a bit of a bummer. Im still unsure whether to sell the charger with the car or sell it seperate. i'd like to find the time to fit it as it would then make the car very desirable and i would be able to hear what a charged VR sounds like !!

[align=center]Below is the spec of the car as it stands today...................................

Exterior mods

90mm chin spoiler,

De seamed & smoothed US spec bumper,

New Foglamps,

New headlight lenses & flash red detailing on reflectors,

17" Wolfrace kendo black rims with custom spacers & bolts,

Smoked side repeaters,

Colour coded handles,

Stubby Aerial,

Fk Red / Clear rear lenses,

Colour coded Number plate surround

6 x 4 Magnex SS System

Chassis Mods

Eibach Front ARB,

Eibach Rear ARB,

Eibach Lowering springs,

Engine Mods,

K & N Induction Kit, (removed because of warm weather)

Vortech staqe 2 Supercharger kit (Brand new and never fitted)

Interior & ICE,

Pioneer 8600 CD Tuner,

Pioneer Front & Rear custom fit speakers,

VIBE 8" Sub & Box,

JVC 4 Channel 800w Amplifier,

Blue Dash light conversion,[/align]

I have a load more pictures of every inch of the car, i will list it in the cars for sale section in the next day or two, but in the mean time ill let you guys comment on the car !!!!!

Cheers Jimmi..........................................

How much you want for the stage 2 vortech kit??

Dont think you'll have much trouble selling it.

T.

Another update guys,

In my last post in my gallery i said it was the final update and i was going to be letting the corrado go to its new owner, well i was wrong and the corrado is taking a turn for the better !!!

As many of you will have seen reading thru my thread i have spent the last 6 months sorting out the chassis and the exterior of the car, these are now finished and the only thing i could do to improve either now is a set of huge brakes which will be coming soon !! I had decided it was time to give the corrado some more go back in July and bought a Vortech stage II supercharger from NS racing, i wanted to fit it but i was far too busy @ work and i knew i would have to take the car somewhere miles away to be set up which i really didnt have time for !! The appeal of the supercarger faded so i left it in my garage in its box, i bought a newer M3 as my everyday car and i seriously thought about selling the rado until however an EIP turbo kit from the states came up for sale on this forum, i instantly liked the idea of it !! A deal was made and i took delivery of the kit, it was brand new and as descriped so i was really happy, it is a wonderful looking piece of kit and the engineering is fantastic. I set aside 2 days this week to get to grips with fitting it which was when the headaches started !! The kit is designed for a LHD motor which meant there wasnt any clearance for the steering column which sucked !! After a lot of thinking, working out and diagram drawing i have found a local firm who are going to make me a bespoke manifold tho fit the car which is a result. I will have this in 2 weeks so im not that far away from having a turbo charged VR6 !!

While im waithing for the manifold to be made ive done a few other jobs on the engine bay, ive removed the inlet manifold, rocker cover, sump, and loads of other brackets etc and took them to be powder coated satin black, all the intercooler & turbo pipes have been sent to be chrome plated. i have also steam cleaned the chassis legs to remove the horrible (but purposeful) factory wax on them, they have came up like new and the engine bay is heading the right way to looking something special !!

I am planning on pulling the lump out of the car on monday to freshen it up a little as well as lower the CR ratio, i have today ordered from my local friendly main stealers: piston rings, shells, valve stem seals, timing chain these should fetch the motor up to full strength ready to have the boost wound up !!!!!

I think the Eip kit should be able to run the car up to 450-500hp but im not gonna run that much power, i would like around 375 ish but try and keep it driveable !! we'll see how it goes !!!!

Ive put some pictures below of the way the car is looking @ the minute !!

Jimmi.......................

all i can say is, well done for keeping the rado, getting it to a good standard, and attempting the turbo conversion mate, i'm watching what you are doing VERY closely. and where did i put that steam cleaner??

Is that a side mounted IC, it looks small.

It sits horizontally just in front of the gearbox, and has a crude inverted impreza style scoop.

It must work if EIP use it, may be an idea for the s/charger

Update time guys,

Been 2 months since i posted anything in my gallery and a lot has changed !!!

The turbo install was finished about a month ago, it wasnt really a bolt on job as you can imagine but i did get there in the end !!!

Car is awesomely fast, and has a lot more potential in it. I ran the car for a couple of weeks on the roads to run the engine etc in and to sort any teething problems (which there wasnt really any) i played with the boost and the car went really well. Huge wheelspins when the boost came on in the 1st 3 gears and even some in 4th if it was damp !!

I ran the car up on the dyno about 3 weeks ago, it easily made 360whp with a lot more boost in reserve but the headgasket blew, i was using a copper EIP one which have gave problems before !

I drove the car home as it was only a minor leak, i am not really concerned as i need to do alittle more refining to the setup as the power curve was really peaky, and it means i have a few months to get it 100% sorted now.

I have cleared a place in my garage for the rado where it wont be disturbed over the winter months, my plans for it are as follows;

[align=center]Remove engine and replace Head Gasket.

Clean and re insulate all wiring in engine bay.

Design and build a SRI & IC pipework.

Remove carbon canister setup.

Design and build Ram air system from Bumper to Turbo.

Fit Samco Hoses

Remove & powder coat/paint all suspension/steering components.

Paint engine block & sump.

The interior, either Audi TT,S3 or Golf R32 seats are planned.

Replace the awful Koni coilovers.

[/align]

Im sure i will think of plenty of other things to keep me busy along the way as well.

Im undecided about which Managment system to use as yet but because that will be one of the final jobs i have plenty of time !!

Anyway here are some foto's below for you to take a look @, ill update the thread as i go on with foto's of the rebuild. im not really a "show" person but i might head down to E38 next summer with the car so some of you may see it there.

Nice job Jimmi, bet you're well happy with 360whp! Sounds like a handfull!

Pictures like this are keeping me going with mine :)

Have you done anything to the transmission and clutch?

Crazy dave wrote

Nice job Jimmi, bet you're well happy with 360whp! Sounds like a handfull!

Pictures like this are keeping me going with mine

Have you done anything to the transmission and clutch?

I am happy with the power mate, but it needs work on the mapping side, the curve on the dyno sheet is like that of a 2 stroke GP bike !

The gearbox has a Quaiffe fitted and a bit of a rebuild to make it fit, the Clutch is an uprated one but id rather have a tiny bit slip in it when the power was too much rather than overloading the box. The Turbo on it is pretty laggy as well so the engine is revving when the boost comes on which is a little more sympathetic to the drivetrain !!!

Jimmi.......................................

Impressive stuff. look forward to seeing it all done. Removing all the waxoyl, have you just polished the chassis legs to protect them? Might be interested in the coilies too if you're looking to get rid :wink:

love it,love it, love it!!

seams to be afew vrT about now,

must be awesome to drive :twisted:

good work matey 8)