Sign in to follow this  
neil20vtc

the worst year of my life

dont know why im sharing this with you all but ill start from the beggining in january my brother fell down his stairs at home and knocked himself out when he went to the hospital and had a scan it showed that he had a brain tumor

but it wasnt any old brain tumor he only had it was one that had been there from birth called a dermoid cyst i think less than a hundred people worldwide have ever had a tumor like this and only a handfull of people with it in the exact place that my brother had it

he came home in febuary after getting the all clear after having most of the dermoid removed but only managed to stay out of hospital for 3 days as the dermoid continued to grow with no cure(because its so rare) its just been a matter of seeing if he could fight it himself as chemo wouldnt work as the tumor consisted of healthy skin tissue it was just growing as skin would just in the wrong place and total removal was impossible

finally on saturday after a long battle and countless operations with this dermoid he passed away so my message to everyone is dont ever take life for granted as you just dont know whats going to happen

so to take my mind of things ive decided that im going to treat my car to a engine conversion andy at psi tuning is trying to source me one at the moment i can say that it is taking my mind off things, id also like to thank the forum as over the past months its been a nice escape to just sit and read your banter and find out things about the corrado that i didnt know so cheers you have all helped without even realising.

bad news mate, no doubt :-(

But there is alwas someone on here to help cheere you up!

get that engine conversion going and get to e38 or such like :-D

Crap news mate, really sorry to here this indeed. as said it certainly puts things in perspective. None of us know whats round the corner, adn i think Phat's right.

Theres been a lot of bad news recently on here, and we lost our Gran last weekend.

Still, chin up chappy, try to remember the good times and give him a quiet smile.

Very sorry to hear that,all my best wishes to you and your family m8.

Neil.

That's terrible news mate - let's hope your C can help you bring a smile back to your face :)

thanks for your kind words people its his funeral tomorrow and im bricking myself as im going to get up and say a few words, but if i dont do it now then i will never get the chance again and i know he would have done it for me

and as for the c well i really hope it will bring a smile to my face its booked in for the work to start at the begining of july to be honest with you i cant wait

jeffcabbage, Sorry to hear about that mate :(

Makes you think twice eh losing someone so close, live life to the full, he'd be proud of ya :)

Best of luck with the Corrado too.

Deepest condolences mate :(

What are you gonna stick in the C? 1.8T? Andy will look after you anyway, he did a decent job on mine.

yeah he seems sorted from when i have spoken to him an yeah its gonna be a BAM 1.8t with a few other bits done as well should be a bit of a change compared to the lump thats in it at the moment

thanks for your kind words people its his funeral tomorrow and im bricking myself as im going to get up and say a few words, but if i dont do it now then i will never get the chance again and i know he would have done it for me

hello jeffcabbage, i`m sorry to hear of your loss fella, it`s truly a life defining moment and sharpens your perspective on whats left of your own exsistance, i`m glad you are going to say a few words at the funeral, i`ve done the same thing myself and i can say it is the most difficult thing i have ever done, just remember that you are surrounded by people who love and care for you so dont be afraid of saying what your thinking, you will feel better afterwards, not straight away but you will eventually knowing that you have said goodbye properly. all the best mate, best foot forward

The reason I own the car and am spending more than I should on it now is after my dad had a heart attack (ok now) he started saying 'if your going to do something, do it now because you never know!'

Live life to live, not pay your mortgage off early!

cheers gaz the geezer im sure i will get the energy to do it from somewhere ill have to because i dont think id forgive myself if i didnt and totally understand what you mean when you say it sharpens your perspective on life im going to try my hardest to live my life to the full

glad to hear your dad is ok ardandy an thats the exact reason why i have thought sod it an im gonna stick a 1.8t in my c whats happened with my brother has made me realise that you just dont know whats gonna happen

im going to try my hardest to live my life to the full

there are a lot of people on here that are only to happy to help or chat about stuff jeff, :thumbleft:

and as for the c well i really hope it will bring a smile to my face its booked in for the work to start at the begining of july to be honest with you i cant wait

Dude, have just read all of this thread, and truly feel for you. 2 years ago, my dad passed away very suddenly and totally out of the blue. He was 4 days short of his 53rd birthday. I never said goodbye to him.

Just wanted to say hang in there, and try and stay as positive as you can for the others around you as well as for yourself.

As for the funeral, i was the same as you the night before. I had prepared a few words that i wanted to say, and was crapping myself. The thing is, at the moment, everything somehow went ok, and I did what i had to do, cos it was the last and only chance i would get to do what i had to do and, say what i had to say to my dad before saying goodbye for the final time.,

Two years on, i feel its one of the things that I did that made me strong, and has kept me strong, even though there are countelss times that i just want to cry myself to sleep.

My advice to you is not to crap it, and do what you got to do. It will make you stronger for it.

Blimey, wasnt supposed to go on and on as much i have, and hope i havent bored the crap out of you. As i say, hang in there.

I'm sure i speak on behalf of everyone on this forum when i say we are with you in these dark times. Its great that you have this as an escape. Dont know how to end my endless typing now, so am just going to leave it at that.

had a pretty rotten year myself. Really can't wait to see the back of 2006. Life's hard when the last memories of a loved one are the ones that hurt the most, losing them. Spend more time with the family and remember the laughs.

With regard's to the 20V conversion i'd say go drive a 20V for a day if you can. I've got a VR6 corrado and at 20V Audi S3, the 20V ain't all that to be honest. I'm finding it a frustating lump with nothing below 2000rpm and nothing meaning full above 5500rpm. V6's are much, much better. 20V's are one trick ponies.

really sorry to hear about your brother... I lost my brother to cancer a couple of days after xmas just passed, like your brother it was rare and there wasnt much they could do, he was only 10 and never had the chance to live his life fully... life will never be the same, but these situations either destroy you or they make you stronger... good luck with the funeral tomorrow, I wanted to say something at my brothers funeral but couldnt and I wish I had....

.... and enjoy the new engine, i am sure your Bro would have been well pleased you are doing it....

take care, our thoughts are with you....

really sorry to hear this. Good luck for the funeral tomorrow. Hope you enjoy the conversion when its all done.

On a different note, I agree with A20 LEE, a V6 is a lot smoother, although dearer.

Speak to Andy at PSI again and ask his opinion, I asked the same and he agree's the 2.8 24v V6 is a much better option.

The 1.8T is v tuneable though!