Jim

Jim's Corrado - ciao to the Fiat! Hello to.. (P64)

Well the slam panel under the grille, and the rear bumper, have both been badly masked off when painted - so if you look into the gap above the rear bumper and below the rear panel paint is all flaky and peeling. Same for the slam panel. The passenger rear quarter is slightly distorted and you can see some paint running in it. The passenger door, under the handle, has about a million little white marks out of the paint where it looks like someone has unlocked the car on the passenger side with a huge bunch of keys. The stonechip protection along the sills is very marked / scratched and the passenger door below the bump strip is very chipped / marked. Below the Corrado badge at the rear there is a 2p sized patch of touch-up paint covering what appears to be some kind of damage. The rear bumper has a scratch along the top side of it. All around the filler cap is marked from being careless with the petrol pump (I guess). Then rusty arches.. pretty much all round I think, especially on the front at the bottom of the wing / start of the sill.

There's plenty more but.. just gives you an idea. Lots of bitty stuff that I don't think could be sorted with a wet sanding - but then I know you do bodywork so know about a million times more than me on this subject as I'm totally hopeless with the mysteries of paintwork!

I think it needs some time in a paintshop personally though :)

whats with the new avatar pic Jim, something you wanna tell us about you and Toad???

No mate. Just spotted it on his picture feed on Facebook and thought it was pretty funny so decided to use it ;)

As for the pressure washer - yeah - absolutely stoked with it for £30. It's fantastic value for money!

Managed to get one of these today - great fun and VFM - they were sold out in the 1st B&Q I tried. Reckon it will do the arches a treat.

Looking good Jim, really happy for you.

Spent most of the day washing and polishing mine and I too have found paintwork issues I'm not happy with :( but on a brighter note today is the first day the VR is on the road and legal. I waved goodbye to the valver yesterday.

Now it's gone and peed down before I could get the VR back in the garage.

So the VR's all road legal now then mate? Excellent :) Did you take it out for a good drive?

So the VR's all road legal now then mate? Excellent :) Did you take it out for a good drive?

Just got back this minute - love it!

A quick question - water temp was around 80 and oil 90 - 94, didn't get stuck in any traffic so was moving most of the time, is this about right for a VR?

Sorry for off topic but want to put my mind at rest as I've done all the work on the VR myself.

Sounds spot on. My oil is about 94 on a lower speed cruise (50MPH) and up to about 102-104 doing 70MPH on the motorway.

Looks very nice indeed Jim!

Tested my bargain basement B&Q pressure washer out earlier, bloody great value for money! :D

Thanks Fay, Pete :)

Still need to book a passenger ride in your VR at some point Fay! :)

car looks great Jim - pleased for you :)

new avatar looks even better though!!! :wink:

You getting the the corrado bug back yet Pete? 8)

Still need to book a passenger ride in your VR at some point Fay! :)

Anytime! Although you can have the keys and drive it yourself!

Does look in good nick in the photos. Im changing my mind about the Solitudes, never really used to like them but starting to now.

Well when I knew the car was coming with the Solitudes, I immediately went on the hunt for a set of Speedlines.. got a very straight / undamaged set off kevhaywire basically for the cost of dinner (which was very kind of him!) and had every intention of getting them refurbished and on the car as soon as was humanly possible.

But to be honest, I really like the Solitudes now and am in no rush to get the Speedlines done. It helps that the car is classic green so, interior aside, makes it look like a Storm.... ;) But it just seems to suit the Solitudes and they've grown on me somewhat.

I'll definately get the Speedlines done at some point so I at least have the choice though :)

Well when I knew the car was coming with the Solitudes, I immediately went on the hunt for a set of Speedlines.. got a very straight / undamaged set off kevhaywire basically for the cost of dinner (which was very kind of him!) and had every intention of getting them refurbished and on the car as soon as was humanly possible.

But to be honest, I really like the Solitudes now and am in no rush to get the Speedlines done. It helps that the car is classic green so, interior aside, makes it look like a Storm.... ;) But it just seems to suit the Solitudes and they've grown on me somewhat.

I'll definately get the Speedlines done at some point so I at least have the choice though :)

Does look in good nick in the photos. Im changing my mind about the Solitudes, never really used to like them but starting to now.

Love the solitudes on my car, but with 304mm 4 pots coming I don't think they'll be able to stay. I've even thought about spacing them out at bit but still not really sure that'll work.

Loving the car Jim, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh at some point.

Your Sollies are in excellent shape, so I wouldn't be in a rush to replace them either :D

Yay - red Corrado passed it's MOT today. Haven't really touched it for two months, dragged it off the drive, hooked it up to the battery charger.. then drove it straight to the MOT centre and it passed with two advisories, one of which I knew about.

I wish all MOT's could be that painless!! :)

Glad the car got through the MOT Jim. Did you go over to DG today? Mine's there for another week :(

Glad the car got through the MOT Jim. Did you go over to DG today? Mine's there for another week :(

Mid weekish for me all going well

Yep.. it was the Corrado Corale there again. Think inside and out there were about 9 at one point!

Yep.. it was the Corrado Corale there again. Think inside and out there were about 9 at one point!

Haha there were 7 when i dropped mine off