Sign in to follow this  
Whitedog

Whitedog's VR6

Well, i'm finally back behind the wheel of another corrado and it feels great. I've now got the one that i have always wanted, a flash red vr :twisted: .

Here are some pics for you all, taken after just spending a few hours with my collection of autoglym products.

Its completely standard, in excellent condition with only 72k on the clocks. Came with FSH, t+t, and everything works, spoiler, sunroof etc...

What do you think its worth???? I know i got it for a bit of a bargain but would be interested to see just how much of a bargain. Only down side is its an auto, but like i said, far too good to pass up, and i dont mind anyhow (pick up the bits to convert it cheap enough if it ever breaks on me)

DSCF0148.jpg

DSCF0147.jpg

DSCF0144.jpg

DSCF0154.jpg

DSCF0151.jpg

DSCF0149.jpg

DSCF0152.jpg

DSCF0153-1.jpg

DSCF0155.jpg

DSCF0156.jpg

I have plans for it already, as you do :lol: , firstly to lower on some coilovers, then some new rear lights, then debadged grill.

Thats enough to keep me going for now, so what do you all think???

bigger chin, and i'm really not keen on bump strips and red paintwork ;)

looks very tidy though mate, and uber shiney 8)

gratz on the purchase :)

the bigger chin is planned, gonna pick one up when i get the coilies, then i'll set the height accordingly so it looks smart but doesnt scrub too much on speed bumps. Still got to be fairly practical as it is my daily driver. Was thinking of removing the side strips, but just a bit worried in case its ever had any paint and then left with a paint line.

Looks like a cracker mate, agree about the lowering as my 95 VR is far too high.

You gonna keep it auto or drop a manual box in??

I keep joking calling it my Corrado Country, could be a whole new idea there :idea:

Gonna keep it auto as vw intended for the minute, was just an idea about converting it if it ever breaks as i believe vr auto boxes are like hens teeth.

congrats on the purchase, looks very nice, maybe see ya at FLOG sometime mate?? and get those side strips off, looks so much better without them :wink:

congrats on the purchase, looks very nice, maybe see ya at FLOG sometime mate?? and get those side strips off, looks so much better without them :wink:

Hmmm.......

Thats a matter of opinion Karlos!! :)

Very similar really, you can either pootle about or use the kickdown and give it some. Only downside is depending on where the rev needle is when you kickdown it'll either break your neck as it throws you forward in time, or it'll tale a second or two to pick up.

Just a case of getting used to it really. I think its a fraction slower than a manual although havn't had it next to a manual vr6 corrado yet so i'm only guessing.

Its not slow though, we are only talking fractional differences.

Apart from that its class, and an absolute god send if you are stuck in traffic (which i am quite often on way to work, too many schools)

So, we've had one valuation estimate of £3600, what does everyone else think its worth so i can get an idea of how much of a bargain i got???

Bloody clean and dare I say bright!!! have always thought the Auto shift looks weird in the C (guess it's what your used to at the end of the day though)

Marcus on here has recently had his VR converted to manual by The Phirm and AFAIK they didn't have any problems with it at all...

As far as price goes I'm guessing you picked it up for £2K-ish, as for value I know people with good condition manual VR's having trouble shifting them for £3.5K so would guess about £3K for an auto...

Just a quick update.

Since i bought my corrado aside from cleaning it whenever i can i have also changed the front pads as they were making a right racket, detailed my headlights a metalic gray colour, bought a new sony stereo to bring it up to date yet still in keeping with the OEM look, and fitted a debadged grill which i'm well chuffed with.

Pics will be up as soon as my new camera arrives from ebay....cant wait.

Still desperate to drop her but better get xmas and an iminent house move out of the way first.

ABS light has just come on too, so i'll be investigating that this weekend, cleaning the sensors to see if that works.

Intention was to leave it original, but as everyone knows you cant help but add a few choice mods to it. It'll still look fairly original though as i'm keeping the speedlines on, just want to drop it and get some new rear lights, the standard mods list really...

Thought the APU plate was funny when i bought her too..

Would like some leather in there eventually too, really like the TT baseball leather but will have to wait and see if i have any funds left after moving house (very much doubt it :( )