Sign in to follow this  
Pukka

car due out of bodyshop soon - new rims...

Hi guys,

thought i'd post up a quick hello! i've been checking this forum for a few years (and not posted once! :roll: ) as i nearly bought a G60 in 2004 but instead went with a Polo GTi which i've jus sold...

old car - http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/poloforum/v ... hp?t=24976

anyway i pick up my dark blue corrado vr6 on Monday!! 103k, black leathers... already got a set of Keskin KT1 17" x 8.5" to go on and ordering weitec coilies from C+R this week...

I'll post some piccies when i can!!

Scott

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing the pictures. Dark blue and black leather is a nice combo.. and as someone on the Polo Forum said, once you hear the noise of that VR6 (especially with a decent induction kit on it) you'll think that everything sounds boring in comparison!

cheers dude! i fell in love with the noise when i first went out in it!! :D

thinking of going with the carbonio induction kit or the BMC cause i got good results on the polo...

scott

Yeah - BMC is well regarded as one of the better options for the VR around these parts! :)

Welcome, Pukka. Sounds like you got a good 'un there.

ps- I'll have a chicken & mushroom please :wink:

yeah hopefully i have! its had a fair bit of work done recently so happy that its still nice and strong!

lol - havent heard that one before! :roll: :lol:

cheers

scott

yeah hopefully i have! its had a fair bit of work done recently so happy that its still nice and strong!

lol - havent heard that one before! :roll: :lol:

cheers

scott

wait til the sunroof packs up, the matrix blows and the spoiler stops working, after you replaced the cracked fog light.....

only joking ,am i?

welcome to Rado ownership

wait til the sunroof packs up, the matrix blows and the spoiler stops working, after you replaced the cracked fog light.....

only joking ,am i?

welcome to Rado ownership

ha ha, the sunroof (touch wood - ooerrr!) works tilt n slide, got recpt for the matrix being changed earlier this year and spoiler is smooth and silent... all for now that is! :roll:

and hopefully i've just secured a smooth front bumper so getting rid of the fogs! :D

scott

thought i'd stick up a couple of pics now its washed - although i am going to do the whole G3 / claybar / 3 step clean at the weekend! :wink:

DSCF0175.jpg

DSCF0174.jpg

ordered the weitec kit and that will be here monday, debadged grill+spoiler will arrive next week with the lupo wipers and then i'll look at fitting my audio!

cheers,

Scott

Looks sweet and will look even better when it's lowered although I'm guessing you might need a bit of arch work to get it down in the weeds! 8)

yeah there's no way i can deck it as much as i'd like without getting them rolled or pulled but that will be next year no doubt...

stll it'll be better than being on stilts like it is now! :lol:

scott

Good to see you on here. I didn't think it would take you long! Nice VR.

hey dude,

i'm in love with it already! lol few little niggles but hey its 10yrs old... it still pulls my face off tho! :D

scott

Hey welcome to the forum. You are going to love the VR mate, fantastic car and you got one of the best colours too (blackberry being THE best imo :lol:) Im liking the wheels but like said it def needs to be decked, you may find you wont have to do AS much archwork if you stretched the tyres a bit because from the pics it looks like you have the correct size tyres for the rims.

Oh and your Polo looked awesome mate, you have very good taste, even better now you got a vr tho :lol: Im looking forward to seeing how your car progresses judging by how your polo looked.

Rob.

cheers guys,

yeah the polo had 2 1/2 years of work and money spent to get it to to that point... just felt like it needed more poke but the engine wasnt really tuneable...

you're right the tryes are a bit 'big' running 215/40... ideally i'll be doing what i did with the BBS on the polo and run 195/45 rubber but when i got wheels package for £600 and they were only on an ibiza for 2 days it was a bargain! :lol:

yeah i'm gonna keep a photo diary of the progress hopefully, foun a few tips on the site already! :wink:

scott

Met up with Scott today. I drove passed on my way to the tip with a Passat load of junk and spotted his car so I thought I'll drop by on my way home.

This is one very sweet VR with Black leather in very good nick and gorgeous Blue paint. Just needs the coilovers he's got lined up :D

Overall a very good and straight Corrado...nice one Scott :!:

Hopefully will see Scott and his VR again. Don't forget to PM me mate.

Took a quick pic on my phone........don't worry the bonnet is up for an improvement not a problem :!:

Got me thinking again about another Rado.......................

Cheers

Dave

nice to meet you yesterday dave! hope its spurred you into getting a corrado when you're all sorted! :wink:

i will drop by soon and get hold of one of the repair kits 'for just in case!'

kool pic as well, just about to wash n polish mine and see if it comes up any shinier!

scott

Thought it was bout time i added to this thread, car is due out the body shop in the next week so thought i'd show off the bling before they go on!

Few body mods done too:

Completely smoothed front bumper

Arches rolled

Side repeaters deleted

Rub strips removed

Tinted headlights + inners painted black

Debadged rear

BBS RM 8.5j x 15 with 2" dishes

DSCF0555.jpg

DSCF0554.jpg

Scott