CorradoDriver

Whats the worst thing youve done to ur corrado

Like the title says, whats the worst/stupidest thing you've done in your corrado or to your corrado??

Ill start it off

Um lets see.

1. Took a turn real hard, and had the tail come out

2. Drove the car for a day without the airbox in, MAF was open to the world

3. Drove the car through a really big puddle/flood, water was up to the doors, car started to sputter and almost stalled

4. Cracked the winshield with the wiper blade arm, basicly it was really late at night, i had taken the wiper blades off the car, and left the metal arm up, when to move the car, alarm went off at 1am had to pop the hood to deactivate the battery because the door handle was broken, didnt realize arms were up, i opened the hood and wam, cracked winshield.

Now lets hear ur stupid moments

Stupidest things I've done in my Corrado :-

Driving off with a cup of coffee on the roof.

Driving off with the locking wheel bolt key still attached to the wheelbolt, which flung off into a large gravel carpark - took me ages to find it.

Driving off with half my toolbox under the engine bay and a ratchet still attached to one of the bolts - which eventually shook off and made a massive thud under the car as it hit the floor.

Driving off with an instruction manual on the roof - which fell onto the spoiler and stayed there, even at 80mph!! (so it works then, LOL!)

Overtaking someone on a single carriageway at a crazy speed and not seeing a tractor 300 yards ahead - ABS brown trouser moment.

Stupidest things I've done to my Corrado:-

Fitting those god awful InPro tails.

Dropping things on it and damaging the paint.

Crashed it.

Overtook a van, when there was a horse in front of the van, which both me and my passenger missed seeing. Said horse bucked, nearly throwing young rider off.

overtook a hay lorry on a stretch of road only to find there were some funeral cars infront of it and I was running out of road before a corner. It all got a bit embarising as i ducked in the funeral procession.

Man did I feel silly.

* I used to wash my first one with washing up liquid and stick it through car washes.. sigh.. no wonder the paint looked so dead!

* Put a cup of McDonalds coffee in the passenger seat and drove to work. Got to work and looked over to see the cup lying on its side (having deposited about 50% of the contents of the cup into the chair) and the chair quietly steaming away. B-stard.

wrote one off :(

topped up the oil, and forgot to put the cap back on (what a mess) :(

topped up the water, forgot to put the cap on (cleaned up the oil) :D

walked into a headlight with a car jack, :(

so not that bad really, but all the above were done in the morning after going on a drinking session. :drinking:

Crashed it.

Overtook a van, when there was a horse in front of the van, which both me and my passenger missed seeing. Said horse bucked, nearly throwing young rider off.

thats worth a few points, however crashing the c in the process forfit them :lol:

slammed the door without noticing the seatbelt was in the gap, now got a dented scratch to show for it...

Roger :lol: might have brightened up an otherwise gloomy day for a few people though...

Got my whole car resprayed and the day i went to pick it up i used jump leads to start the battery and dropped the end of the positive lead on the bumper, nice ding before i had even driven it :(

I didn't pick it up that day as i got the bumper redone :oops:

Not directly me this one but my dad painted a fence while my car was parked next to it.

Result was a speckled bonnet. I think the worst bit was him saying "you wouldnt have noticed unless id told you".

Yeah, nice one....

Topped up the coolant, and forgot to replace the cap... an hour later, in the middle of London noticed steam pouring out from the bonnet. All the water had gone...

Did this a second time, but realised straight away.

Tinkering with the G60. Put the keys (brand new Clifford fob) on the slam panel. Finished tinkering. Shut bonnet. New Clifford fob in several pieces.

Bought some 17's off someone (used to be on here). He assured me they were VW fitment and had been on his C for ages with no probs. Fitted them, and they were OK for 10 minutes. Then they started making a terrible 'metal deforming' noise. Got it to my mechanic. When I went to pick it up, he said one of the front wheels had fallen off as he was reversing it into his garage! The wheel had destroyed the hub. Turns out they needed spiggot rings and longer bolts. Would love to name and shame!

Ran out of petrol at the Westgate mini roundabout, Canterbury in morning rush hour, leaving a huge tailback behind me. My mate turned up with a petrol can and left. Set off for work- a minute later, got a call from said mate 'I've run out of petrol,' :lol: What a pair of numpties!

My next door neighbour recently bought a year old Lexus. Been his dream car for years. Sat in it with a pencil in his back pocket... leather ripped.

Sat in it with a pencil in his back pocket... leather ripped.

I bet the language was colourful when that happened!!!

Youve got to be so careful with leather and stuff like that.

topped up the oil, and forgot to put the cap back on (what a mess)

Ditto, walked out the next morning to see a massive pool of oil under the car and feared the worst, was very relieved to see the cap sitting on the inlet manifold.

The wheel had destroyed the hub. Turns out they needed spiggot rings and longer bolts. Would love to name and shame!

So long as it's not me, name them! :lol:

Topped up oil, forgot to put oil cap back on.

Ran out of petrol, on my way to get Tax on the last day, at 4:30 :lol: Outside my house!

Snapped the rev-counter needle trying to take it off.

Left a polish bottle on the back, resting on the spoiler (Luckily it was up) and didn't notice for about a mile of driving!

Went into a massive plastic bollard (Oh was a tit I am :lol:)

on corrado:

I finished off a job, can't remember which one, very pleased with myelf lifted my toolbox into the rear light and smashed it.

in corrado:

on the way up north didn't see two of the three lane closure warning signs on duel carriageway, I panicked and sped up to try and catch the only gap i could see.

Ended up squeezing in front of someone at about 95 with 30 odd yards to spare, i felt rather silly and my passenger had almost pulled the door handle off and pushed his foot through the passenger floor :lol:

still tried to pretend it was on purpose though 8)

topped up the oil, and forgot to put the cap back on (what a mess)

did the same abt 8months ago.. what a mess :roll:

I had a full carload (taking mates and my dad into work) - stopped at a local garage for one of them to get a paper - misjudged the gap I had on leaving and DROVE into the back of a PARKED Ford Tranny van! Bounced it about a foot in the air and 3 feet forward. Destroyed my passenger fog, indicator and needed a new bumper! Felt like a right tit - workmen thought it was pretty funny - didn't even leave any paint on their van! If my dad hadn't been in the car - the air would have been Blue! - Aqua Blue! :oops:

Heh, I just remembered another one.

My exhaust was blowing and I knew I needed the backbox changing, thought to myself "Right, go down the the garage tomorrow, get that fitted" On that same day a load of my older mates were off up hereford, I offered to drive as I wasn't feeling too great. Managed 3 in the back, and another passenger up front. Just driving through Ross town so they could get out some money and "Bang!" "clunk clunk" "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!"

My backbox only went and completely split didn't it :oops: Right on a sunny saturday afternoon in the middle of town.

My backbox only went and completely split didn't it :oops: Right on a sunny saturday afternoon in the middle of town.

Did it sound like the Batmobile after that? :batman:

hmm lets see...

sold the valver after spending more that twice what i paid for it fixing it up - stupid stupid stupid!

let the VR roll backwards down a hill taking out multiple neighbours cars en route - stupid stupid stupid!

other than that...

lowering one side of the valver 40mm and leaving the other side til 'next weekend' and consequently going around almost every corner starsky and hutch stylee

letting a small dog with large bowels in the back (ew)

almost losing an arm in the electric window