Sign in to follow this  
vr6banana

twin engine Corrado 4X4. click link for new pics

Well done sir, you have big balls to take on a project like this! Like everyone else on this forum, really enjoying the coverage and can't wait to see final result.

Surprisingly not, I didn’t like the rear suspension set-up, give me a sold beam anyday. The Syncro was a test build before transferring it into another shell, I bough a Rallye shell but the log book came back with a few discrepancies so I sent it back, at the same time Coxy decided he didn’t like the colour of the Corrado I sold him so I bought it back. I was going to mid mount an engine and make it RWD but then another 1.8t came up so I snapped it up, hence the twin engine project

old Syncro, sat well but needed a diff in it. i'm 6' but the seat is on the floor so it looks like a kids at the wheel :lol:

LOL See what you mean! Looks like a teenage joy rider in the driver seat! :lol: The stance looks awsome though.

Look forward to seeing the Corrado finished, very neat welding by the way. Trying to pick this skill up at the mo and it is f****n alot harder then it looks, at the mo just seem to be using my kit to melt holes in metal!! LOL :lol:

where does the shopping go :D

seriously, top work, good to see pics progressing aswell unlike some on the forum ;) :lol:

How will you stop water ingress into the rear engine bay at speed with the roof scoop? Or is this not a problem?

Good point lol

Snorkel at the ready :lol:

was that a dig a me there lippy? if so I might have come on XBox Live and give you a wippin!

at the same time Coxy decided he didn’t like the colour of the Corrado I sold him so I bought it back.

Yah Boo Coxy! All the Best Converted Corrado's Are Yellow :lol:

Where is your BTW???????

Daz! I'm loving that roof scoop! You a Truly a God amongst men :)

Where is your BTW???????

Dont you start!

:lol: Mines finished mate! Only Kidding! How much further on are you with it????

Awesome car mate!! Did it cross your mind to possibly use the rear quarter windows for air scoops, instead of the roof? May have been easier???

Awesome car mate!! Did it cross your mind to possibly use the rear quarter windows for air scoops, instead of the roof? May have been easier???

The roof is the only place big enough to put the IC and the rear quarter glass aperatures are already busy, the N/S will have an air scoop for the engine air intake and the a scoop on the O/S for the 23 row oil cooer

DSC00758.jpg

Not 100% on the design of the rear qtr covers or the material but they need to incorporate the air scoop for each side and an opening for the fuel tanks to be refuelled

How will you stop water ingress into the rear engine bay at speed with the roof scoop? Or is this not a problem?

Waters not a problem as it gets through the front grille and from underneath on any normal car, it will have an aluminium deflector sheet on the rear roll cage to keep any water away from the top of the engine and the coils etc. The inside of the rear of the car has had the seams covered in seam sealer and then stone chipped to copy the front end of a car to stop any water ingress problems with the body work. The sills have drain holes in now for any fuel spills and any water

Rubbed down, seam sealer on joints and in etch primer

DSC00712.jpg

DSC00713.jpg

DSC00723.jpg

Little frame on the floor in front of the rear brace is for the gear change cables

DSC00751.jpg

being failry new to all this im always impressed with the projects and knowlegde people on here have, but this is something else....hope it all goes to plan!

feck... I'd missed all of this 'cos of work and lack of internet access... This is gonna be mental! I can't wait to see this in the flesh! 8)

some more great progress, have you got any close ups of the rear arches

This quite simply impressive engineering!

If my lady came out to see me with my car in a similar state as those lastest pics i would get a smack!!!

I hope this car be at GTI international on the 1/4?