Sign in to follow this  
vr6banana

twin engine Corrado 4X4. click link for new pics

This quite simply impressive engineering!

If my lady came out to see me with my car in a similar state as those lastest pics i would get a smack!!!

I hope this car be at GTI international on the 1/4?

Always give GTi int a miss as it’s overpriced and over hyped, it will be at as many track days as I can manage. Can’t see it being at any shows as for the foreseeable future it won’t be MOT’d, may MOT it if I find a sprint series I can run the car in

some more great progress, have you got any close ups of the rear arches

The rear arch was just a test so I could see how far it would pull it with an arch rolling tool, I’m waiting until the running gear is fitted so I can work out how far the arches need to come out with the 17x8” rims.

Car goes for the inside and underbonnet painting next week, then it both boxes stripping and building before all the running gear etc goes in

This is a beautiful level of insanity :D

You have my respect... and have made me think about finishing my Mk1!

I think you should change the wheels though - those look a bit small. ;)

Now thats what i call the 'wide look' :lol: atleast they wont catch the arches like mine :roll::lol:

Ah, Carlos Fandango!

You'll be far too young to remember that though. oldgit.gif

Bit of an update, it’s back from the bodyshop (went Friday night I got it back 10an Monday morning) I’ve fitted the 2 brake bias valves and internal brake pipes, heater box is in and I’m having a go at glassing in 4 plastic tubes to run across where the dash went to demist the front screen, the old Golf with the MK4 dash was a pig to keep the screen clear. I’m not sure it’ll work or look ok but I can always bin it and start again

I’ve stripped a front and rear Corrado loom so it just has the lights etc and it’s fitted. The car will have the original loom in and the 2 MK4 lumps wired in to the fuse box. I have a guy that owes me a favour that’s cutting the ally sheets to size on Saturday so they should be fitted next week.

I ordered some black mesh for the rear vents in the back panel last week so I could start fitting the fans etc this week, it still hasn’t turned up :x :x e-bay to55ers

Will put some pics up in a week or so when it’s a little further along

Brake bias leavers fitted either side of the tunnel

DSC00874.jpg

heater box fitted and the old Corrado heater loom fitted

DSC00875.jpg

engine bay with Corrado loom, just need to sort the MK4 loom out before fitting some more stuff

DSC00876.jpg

rear fans fitted and wired, now you see whatn the frame is for

DSC00879.jpg

I know it looks like something out of the Alien but this may be the start of the screen demister, need to finish and test it. If anyone has noticed there’s a wiring conduit being used I had about 40m of new stuff given so I thought I’d put it to use

DSC00882.jpg

Fire extinguisher, brake pipe and ally battery box fitted, just fiddling until the ally sheets are cut to size

DSC00883.jpg

Boost gauges, master battery switch and 2x sets of clocks will sit in the middle of the dash, the piece of ally was something I had kicking about. There isn’t enough room on the tunnel for an extra hand brake so the fly-off handbrake is fitted on the right hand side of the driver

DSC00884.jpg

view from inside of the rear fans

DSC00886.jpg

there's been a few major project corrado's on here over the years, Phat's r32, Kev's turbo slag, H8rra's S/C monster, not to mention Jay Renshaw's, Bigger big bens's, a20 lee, coxy's and so on - this one just seems to take things that one step further in terms of the scale of work done. Very interesting to watch, keep up the good work.

Geezus youve got yourself a project going there....

This a is going to be a silly car when its done, nice one...

Finally got round to making the pedal box for the twin clutch master cylinders, had a few thoughts in my head but when it came to it they were no good. I removed the clutch pedal pivot pin from an old pedal box and welded the pin onto the end of the existing clutch pivot pin, then ground the weld round to the same diameter as the two pins. With the original pedal fitted I then used the top ¾ of a MK 2 cable type pedal and slid it on the shaft in the correct position, the pedals were then joined using the shank from another spare pedal with a front brace for strength. To hold the pedals in place the pin was drilled and thrust washers fitted with split pins. To make sure the pin couldn’t flex I then mounted the top part of a MK2 brake pedal on the pin and welded the shank of the pedal to the pedal box, it all sound a bit gash but it looks good

Bit of a downer as the kid who owes me loads of favours didn’t bother to turn in and cut the ally sheeting so that’s on stop which is holding me up. The second thing is that I ordered a pair of front roll bars 3 month ago, now I have come to fit them I’ve found they have supplied 2 sets of rear roll bar mounting rubber not the front, now I have to wait for those.

So the pedal box is in along with the steering column (thanks Chris P) just waiting for the ally and the MK4 looms cutting down, mate of mine (Andy O) is coming down next sat to give me a hand with the looms.

Pics up when I get chance

fackin hell man! you should have a sunglasses warning on this post!

how bright 8)

Daren’t tell you which manufacturers colour it is

:lol: :lol: :lol: