Sign in to follow this  
Toad

Toads 16v and VR6 of doom.

good work Mr T :salute:

great to see it coming together,

I'm having a bit of a negative Corrado spell myself, need to revive my interest somehow.

good work Mr T :salute:

great to see it coming together,

I'm having a bit of a negative Corrado spell myself, need to revive my interest somehow.

What has encoraged me is just going for a blast in mine, or going out with other people... Dave, Corozin, Mic_VR and Dukest's cars all spurred me on after rides in them recently.

same as other comments, looking good - you've definitely found ur rebuild mojo :lol:

... Dave, Corozin, Mic_VR and Dukest all spurred me on after rides on them recently.

I can see how that had the desired effect with you Tom :lol: :camp:

WoW :shock: you've done loads in the last couple of months Tom, I've been on here a few times whilst I've been away but never saw any of this, good effort mate. If you need any more bodywork done pal then when the car's finished if you bring it over I can blow over it with the gun if you like? I wouldn't mind coming up anyway to check out the beastie...

same as other comments, looking good - you've definitely found ur rebuild mojo :lol:

Cheers! Actually quite keen on it, after months of apathy. :) whoot.

... Dave, Corozin, Mic_VR and Dukest all spurred me on after rides on them recently.

I can see how that had the desired effect with you Tom :lol: :camp:

:norty:

WoW :shock: you've done loads in the last couple of months Tom, I've been on here a few times whilst I've been away but never saw any of this, good effort mate. If you need any more bodywork done pal then when the car's finished if you bring it over I can blow over it with the gun if you like? I wouldn't mind coming up anyway to check out the beastie...

:) Cheers. It seems to have all come together really quickly, the photos are flattering the bodywork, need to sort out a load of marks on it still. What's your timescale for finishing yours? Might be able to pop over with it and give you a hand.

Updatewise... I got my wheels back, shotblasted and primered. There are a few spots of filler required on one wheel, and the odd bit of media stuck to the primer, and occasional marks that need rubbing down but for £10/wheel, I can't complain. Have painted one matt black, and I'm quite moist over it... :) Will get some pics soon :)

There going to look good with the white calipers. 8)

Timescale for my car was to be finished in two weeks over Christmas, back in 2007 :D Ie never ending, you should pop over and have a gander, it's only half an hour or so.

nice job on the wheels...

what colour/type paint is that? i want to spray a few things that sort of colour

There going to look good with the white calipers. 8)

Timescale for my car was to be finished in two weeks over Christmas, back in 2007 :D Ie never ending, you should pop over and have a gander, it's only half an hour or so.

I hope they do. :)

I'd love to pop over, hopefully will be able to in a couple of weeks once the VR is on the road. :)

nice job on the wheels...

what colour/type paint is that? i want to spray a few things that sort of colour

Cheers. It's actually Halfords own brand Matt Black, the big 500ml cans are about £7 each. Seems pretty good stuff, done a few brackets and mounts etc with it.

Cheers Jim. Really pleased with them :)

Anyway.... Bit of an update...

Actually drove it today :)

Been waiting for a few bits to turn up which haven't yet, so decided to clean the old injectors up, and wedge the old fan back on and start the car. Needed to actually drive it to see what else needed doing for the MOT.

Found a few small issues, firstly the car struggled to idle, and was running on 5 cylinders for a little while, the tracking is miles and miles out, but that was to be expected, the main beam warning lamp still illuminates, the brakes need bleeding some more, the cat scrapes the ground leaving my parents farm at certain angles. Also drove it up the road with very few wheel nuts in.... :roll: Indicators flashing due to the alarm going nuts, and no slam panel/front lights.

Was nice to have it out, no matter what.

The VAG Com codes I'm getting are:

00533 Idle Speed Regulation

10-00

00533 Idle Speed Regulation

09-00

00513 Engine speed sensor, idle speed too low, too high, or Signal malfunction.

03-00

The car will cut out for no reason at idle, the idle speed varies and it stalls when dipping the clutch. Need to have a snuffle round and see if I can find anything obviously wrong.

Edit, possible reasons for 00533

Yeah boy! Good to see the beastie is up and running, albeit not quite right yet. Still, its a long way from when I last saw it when it was basically bare. Top work Tom. :notworthy:

Pure leg end. :D

it's so close to being finished and issue-free now! The wheels will look awesome, the paintwork is looking tons better and it sounded lovely :) I was only slightly worried when you remembered the lack of wheel bolts halfway down the road :pale: :lol: I know there is still a little bit of work to be done, but what an improvement... :salute:

Cheers.

I fitted the wind deflectors after you left, then took her for another blast. Wind deflectors = 8)

Hey she's moving!! Good isn't it when you just 'do one' and get on with it. Well done mate, looing forward to seeing it. :D

the main beam warning lamp still illuminates

Some weird side effect of the headlights not being connected mate? We all know how pants the headlight wiring on the Corrado is anyway!

couple of photos...

:) Awesome. Thanks for them. I really like it with no lights.... :tongue:

Some weird side effect of the headlights not being connected mate? We all know how pants the headlight wiring on the Corrado is anyway!

It might be, not going to worry about it till the car is completely in one peice.

Nearly there! Well done Tom :) Really liking the wheels too 8)

Cheers dude. I'm over the moon with them.

Today, Tekara popped over and gave me a hand with the brakes, got the last of the air out, and seem to have a good pedal now. While I was at it, I refitted the arch liners with new screws and washers after spraying a layer of waxoyl on all edges that come into contact with the arches, just to help prevent any corrosion happening. Adjusted the front camber.

I also put 2 more layers of paint on the bonnet, wings and side of the car. The latest batch of paint seems to be a far better colour match. Got the moonroof to work, and sorted the motor position out. Although it is probably a little bit out. Painted the centre caps, although I did destroy three. Speedline centre caps don't like petrol as a cleaning solvent.... :mad2:

Refitted the glove box, after grinding the annoying bar off the bottom of it also fitted the under dash tray on the passenger side. Thought about breasts. Wacked the stereo in properly, listened to it a bit. Painted the aerial base.

Scampered it up and down a bit more. Getting happier with it, although the running issues are still present.

Will book the tyre fitter to put the new tyres on the rims this week.

Did read that right? You only thought about breasts once?! There was several hours work there. :lol:

I was wondering if anyone would notice that.

Did read that right? You only thought about breasts once?! There was several hours work there. :lol:

I was wondering if anyone would notice that.

I never fail to notice breasts. :norty: :lol:

Fitted my new slimline fans with one of Dave's brackets and wired them up tonight. Not happy with the wiring, but it'll do for the MOT. Tyres are fitted along with the front wheels, they look awesome. Massively happy with them. Hopefully I'll sort some pictures out on Saturday.

Need to fit another set of injectors, slam panel, lights etc, front bumper, and tidy a few issues up, such as brake line grommets, and then she'll be ready, I hope. :)

Starting to rush a few little jobs at the moment. Off on holiday tomorrow morning, back for Saturday, off to a (St)Hag do on Sunday/Monday, then MOT is first thing Tuesday.