Sign in to follow this  
Toad

Toads 16v and VR6 of doom.

Made a new pipe up between the PCV and inlet trunking from 2 45 degree 1 inch inside diameter silicone hoses this weekend. Not 100% happy with it, think I might buy 2 90 degree 15/16th hoses and try again.

Didn't start any of the other work, not recieved some parts yet, and I've been pretty knackered from work this weekend.

Tom, i've got a brand new pcv hose if you want..?

Cleaned injectors fitted and new plugs. Seems to idle lots better. Still only 30mpg though :(

Was given some pics of it from when I first took it out to play in 2007. :) Thanks to Nikki and Gav :wave:

When was that pic taken? I don't think I've ever seen you with such little facial hair before! :lol:

Brands Hatch meet, September 2007 or so. The VR attended two meets, Brands, and E38 I think.

I'm relatively hairless at the moment. Well, a few mm across the face. I seem to be getting thicker fur over the rest of me though. You about at the weekend Joe? Might be available for a cuddle.....

On no Tom, its still got that thing on the back.... :)

:D It's awesome. The other day I reversed up too close to a post. Completely missed it with the tow ball and slammed the bumper into it.... :lol:

have you toad anything with it yet?

...sorry...bored...

have you toad anything with it yet?

...sorry...bored...

That's terrible.... And yes. :)

VR6%20and%20box.jpg

Weird seeing the VR pre-fettling Tom.. you look a bit different in the pics as well mate. You've lost some weight since then! :)

It is. The paintwork is so much better, the silver speedies look good on it, and it seems like a lifetime ago.

I'm not sure what I weighed then, I think I'm getting denser though as I'm sure I wasn't *that* heavy despite the massive multi-multi chins. Lost 3 stone since Christmas through pleurisy, having my soul crushed, and then some determination to make myself look better, although I put a few pounds on in the last month again.

When was that pic taken? I don't think I've ever seen you with such little facial hair before! :lol:

Brands Hatch meet, September 2007 or so. The VR attended two meets, Brands, and E38 I think.

I'm relatively hairless at the moment. Well, a few mm across the face. I seem to be getting thicker fur over the rest of me though. You about at the weekend Joe? Might be available for a cuddle.....

I remember seeing it at E38. That was the day before I went on holiday to Italy that year.

I'm about Sunday mate. You up in this neck of the woods this weekend then? :D

car (and you :camp: ) are looking good pal - like i said, it's nice to see you just enjoying it now really. :D

btw the way, you're whining about 30mpg! come on man!!! what you really need is a 4.9 V8 "ahem" - then you'll have cause to whine about mpg! :grin:

Took the VR to the rolling road day at Stealth the other day. I am a little disappointed with the figures, but it feels like it pulls hard, and I guess that's all that matters. :shrug:

Headline figures were:

192.9 BHP @ 6077 rpm @ the flywheel

149.9 BHP @ the wheels

182.5 lbft @ 4464 rpm.

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDrawing 1.pdf[/attachment:3cdks0dw]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDrawing 2.pdf[/attachment:3cdks0dw]

In the mean time I've bought myself some early christmas presents.

12122009158.jpg[/attachment:3cdks0dw]

I've been slowly building up more tools over the last year, and wanted somewhere for them to live :) In related news, I'll be moving to a new house with a large drive and garage in February. Anyone want a room to rent just outside Winchester?

Living with you would be like some kind of weird sitcom.. The title could be 'Man behaving badly' ;)

Living with you would be like some kind of weird sitcom.. The title could be 'Man behaving badly' ;)

I was chasing Ben around this morning with my penis out. I guess that could put a lot of people off.

I was chasing Ben around this morning with my penis out. I guess that could put a lot of people off.

Nah!

Nah!

Didn't put me off, when he did it to me! And that was the day after I got married!!! :lol:

Didn't put me off, when he did it to me! And that was the day after I got married!!! :lol:

I dare not ask but where was your wife? :lol:

Outside the toilet block.......she doesn't need to know.....

Outside the toilet block.......she doesn't need to know.....

I've only just remembered what you were talking about.... :lol:

Gonna say, more like 'Peep Show'

I got a new toy over Christmas, a Nikon D3000, and have been playing with the mono setting tonight. I've not washed the VR since the wedding photos...