CorradoVR6-Turbo

Ex-Corrado-VR6-Turbo.

Loved this car before you started your DIY, can't wait to see the finished article!

Looks good

Rich

Wow thats some serious work going on there James :shock: looking forward to seeing the results 8)

Thanks for all the replys folks,its going to be worth all the hassle once its in paint and back together,cant wait as im sick on my daily snail.. :brickwall:

Well done archwork. Any more pics of the rears?

I have never done bodywork before so i cant say if its right or wrong,but as you know the fronts fenders are easy as you can get to the back of them,but the rears i had to separate the inner tub from the arch so i could get to the back of them,took some time to do and it gives me plenty of room for tyre sizes and no running.

Look away no if you have a nervous disposition! :lol:

Separated then pulled allot more back than i have in this photo!

ouch.jpg

Picture005-3.jpg

Once i had the shape i beat the inner tub back to shape and welded it tight then its for seam sealer,underseal etc.

DSC_8752.jpg

Thne you have....

Picture025.jpg

Nice work james , like you say fronts are easy its the backs the are hard.

Got my flat rite back on the front, rolled on the back just enough 8)

Still had to paint two sides but worth it :)

I have never done bodywork before so i cant say if its right or wrong,but as you know the fronts fenders are easy as you can get to the back of them,but the rears i had to separate the inner tub from the arch so i could get to the back of them,took some time to do and it gives me plenty of room for tyre sizes and no running.

You did just fine on the rears. When I was helping Russ with his that is exactly how we did the rears of his car. Although with mine since it will be a much more mild pull we are going to attempt it without splitting the inner and outer.

Another buddy of mine started without splitting the inner and outer and it seperated when he was shaping them. So we will see how mine goes. :D

Are you not worried about rubbing the seam sealer off in that area?

Nice work james , like you say fronts are easy its the backs the are hard.

Got my flat rite back on the front, rolled on the back just enough 8)

Still had to paint two sides but worth it :)

Yours always looks good shaun with or without your new paintjob :lol: im curious to know what new wheels you got lined up for it.. :scratch:

Are you not worried about rubbing the seam sealer off in that area?

Nope,got loads of room now,and the wheel will have to be seriously pushed up into the arch to rub anything off....if i did its just a quick touch up.

Cheers james , hope to have new rims in the new year :)

Is your in the paintshop yet

so what rims you getting again? :wink:

Car is in bodyshop but its being done on the cheap as i know the painters,so it will be next year before it gets paint on which gives me plenty of time to accumulate the mass of new parts to go on :norty:

damn thats nice - you're pretty deft with the ol' camera too James :clap: :clap:

damn thats nice - you're pretty deft with the ol' camera too James :clap: :clap:

Thanks bud and that was with mobile phone :lol: more bling next week :tongue:

send me a pm when this is up for sale :tongue:

looking good now

Probably next winter mate.... seriously :o

[quote name='"CorradoVR6-Turbo

send me a pm when this is up for sale :tongue:

looking good now

Probably next winter mate.... seriously :o

No, no way. I wont allow it :hitler:

seriously i could be interested,i was going to up grade in april but i reckon i could keep my loop gti for a year if this is for sale then :)

waiting for a pm from you :notworthy:

Look away no if you have a nervous disposition! :lol:

Thanks for those pics. Thats the first time I've seen any detail of how this look is achieved. I always wondered how you get past the inner arch, and thats obviously it! :)

WTF James! Just seen your ad for the engine...

Get it painted and advertise the whole car for sale first... I might well be tempted :D

I really wish you would finish this, i've absolutely loved it every step of the way and seriously think this would be one of the best corrado's in the world! perhaps a bit ott but i love the way its a driveable car with soo much work done to it, power and looks without undriveability which most show cars become.

echoing what other have said mate, get it sprayed as it looks like you have a few intrested parties, at least see what they are willing to pay for it as a whole car first.

not going to say not break it as i'm doing the same thing, as i'm sure you did not rush into the descion

Thanks kip,the oil cooler and intercooler are cooled with the large opening in the front bumper :tongue:

3829865669_60b7d38a72_b.jpg

alright james have you got any better pics of the cut out on the front bumper as i may have a go at my other bumper so i can have choice of that or my US spec one.

cheers