CorradoVR6-Turbo

Ex-Corrado-VR6-Turbo.

If you find Riley's members thread he has a real full complete guide on how he did his.

I dont have any pics of the front bumper but as junkie said Rilyes has a thread but mine is not that involved as his,its just a matter of cutting out the numberplate recess and the honey comb section at the rear,making all look nice and adding the mesh if you like between the front bumper section and rear...job done...oh then you got to cut out the bumper iron to allow air to pass. :)

only one pic i found...

09122009022.jpg

and an old one of the bumper iron...

DSCN1456.jpg

oh and as for the corrado,my mate wants to buy the car complete as is,but has no money,im giving him a deadline and if he has no money bu then i will just finish the car....then get rid. :cuckoo:

Right as you can tell im in a love hate relationship with my car and im sure im not the only one on the forum :p

But ive been doing some more work to get it back on the road and im falling for it AGAIN like a little puppy dog! :brickwall: these cars should have a warning label on warning of the addictive properties of smack!!

Let me set the scene..........room with about 8 members and growing fast,all sitting around in a circle and im a member, .....i stand up..." Hi im james and im ...um...an Corrado addict " alll other members cheer me on and so forth... :lol: thats how my life is....i have to return to this group often when i relapse and yes it does not take long.. :|

Anyway,ive spent most of the day adding all the broken links to this thread all were lost when photobucket cocked it well up.....so 4hrs later and its done,sad i know but its snowing outside and ive got nothing better to do :tongue: also its made me realise the stupid amount of time ive spent on this car relapse is setting in hard.. :bad-words:

So in the mean time i will just update this thread as i go along through my addict life of corrado ownership... :help:

Finished off the wheels,all powder coated,outer professionally polished,bolts re polished and new nuts and washers..

01122009015.jpg

20122009037.jpg

20122009038.jpg

20122009039.jpg

10122009027.jpg

This is the progress in the bodyshop,one side of arches done,bonnet,rear panel,slam panel all preped for paint....should be late Jan before its all done.

09122009020.jpg

09122009021.jpg

09122009022.jpg

09122009023.jpg

Noticed some of your posts in other threads were showing an apparent interest in Corrado matters, would be great to see this car finished (and kept) :clap:

coming along nicely mate!! you got to keep it, you will regret it BIG time you know it :wink:

i hear that, havent drove mine for weeks/months, needs a bit of work to... but will be all good come summer 8)

Ha Ha oh man i know where you're coming from with the love/hate thing, i've lost count of the times i've put mine up for sale then changed my mind!! I'm about to try and sell it yet again!! I think i'm serious this time!!, i've had it for nearly 7 years and i just want something different now. I was all inspired to VRT it not too long ago, i nearly bought a donor VR6 Golf to do it, was very close!

The wheels look nice! Maybe you'll feel different when its all back together? But then the novelty might not last long!!

I think that once the idea is in your head to sell it, it keeps coming back to haunt you until you finally say 'thats it, i'm selling it now'. There are plenty of reasons why i want to sell mine, i think of one more reason ever so often and its enough to tip the scales again and make me want to sell it!!

What would you get if you sold it? I want a R32 now, already 4WD 24V, ready for Turbo fun, look great etc

Wow many times have you sold broke this car? or gone to anyway?? :lol:

Your not well.

I'm glad that your keeping it.And it's great you went to the trouble to put all your pictures back up.Definitly one of my favourite build threads.

Great colour rado too. :D

Yo James when you pulled the arches what did ya do to make the bumpers match, or did ya let the body shop deal with that, I wanna do the same thing soon, the more I know the less mess I'm gunna make.

Ha Ha oh man i know where you're coming from with the love/hate thing, i've lost count of the times i've put mine up for sale then changed my mind!! I'm about to try and sell it yet again!! I think i'm serious this time!!, i've had it for nearly 7 years and i just want something different now. I was all inspired to VRT it not too long ago, i nearly bought a donor VR6 Golf to do it, was very close!

The wheels look nice! Maybe you'll feel different when its all back together? But then the novelty might not last long!!

I think that once the idea is in your head to sell it, it keeps coming back to haunt you until you finally say 'thats it, i'm selling it now'. There are plenty of reasons why i want to sell mine, i think of one more reason ever so often and its enough to tip the scales again and make me want to sell it!!

What would you get if you sold it? I want a R32 now, already 4WD 24V, ready for Turbo fun, look great etc

Im sure as long as i own any car i will get board of it in time and i will want something new and the corrado is no differnent hence why i like to keep busy and keep on improving/changing things....i just cant simply leave any car alone!! :ignore:

But you have a good reason to keep yours as there are a handfull over there...so its special :tongue:

and looks 8)

As for what car next,S3 for me,very tunable car,4wd and all the toys....one day...one day :D

Wow many times have you sold broke this car? or gone to anyway?? :lol:

Your not well.

I'm glad that your keeping it.And it's great you went to the trouble to put all your pictures back up.Definitly one of my favourite build threads.

Great colour rado too. :D

Yes i know....and i DO need help! Also when i went through the thread and re-added all the pics i had seen all the time i said...."those words" :lol:

Get it back together and driving on the road again....this will light a fire up my ass im sure :luvlove:

But thanks for all the positive coments folks :salute:

Yo James when you pulled the arches what did ya do to make the bumpers match, or did ya let the body shop deal with that, I wanna do the same thing soon, the more I know the less mess I'm gunna make.

The bumpers on the later corrrados stick out past the arches,so it was just a matter of matching them up,then i sanded the line on the bumper away so it matches the arches,hope that helps mate. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Love it James, this is better than watching telly!

Nice work on the prepping mate the rear looks well with the lines removed.

good work and hope goes well

No doubt once back on the road you'll be right in love with it again

love the job you have done to the raddo. is that ur arch roller? if so where did you get it?

Cheers bud,the arch roller i had made,it does an ok job but a hammer and dolly was better for me. :tongue:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Love it James, this is better than watching telly!

Nice work on the prepping mate the rear looks well with the lines removed.

good work and hope goes well

No doubt once back on the road you'll be right in love with it again

Cheers Chris cant wait for some summer meets and festivals to come around and for a catch up :cheers:

Good to see your continuing with it. Did it ever get mapped?

Cheers,it was never mapped but runs OBD2 set up and C2 software......runs like OEM,untill the boost kicks in :grin:

glad your gonna finish the car James, and seriously an s3 :gag: after a vr6 i think you will hate a 1.8t.

get yourself a 4motion and turbo that 8)

I can fully understand why your doing this. Sometimes you need a break to appreciate things. If its the series 1 S3 I think you will get bored, Ive had quite a fettled one before and it was quickest point to point car Ive had but all a bit too clinical. I'd try and keep it but get yourself a new project to work on.

S3, yes very tunable car. Personally have one with GT28RS on it and more different toys, all together around 340-350 bhp but...... It's not a Corrado. You can see old grandpa driving Audi S3 but if You see Corrado its something what makes You better..... I had that all the time.

That's the way S3 is seating in my garage (because of some work need to be done) and I'm still thinking about swaping all the goods to my Corrado. Having Corrado quatro and around 350 bhp under your feet is what You can't miss.

glad your gonna finish the car James, and seriously an s3 :gag: after a vr6 i think you will hate a 1.8t.

get yourself a 4motion and turbo that 8)

4mo...naaa its an old mans car :lol: and i just dont dig the MK4 golf,if it had to be a golf then R32 for me but out of my price range :(

S3 has best of both worlds,tunable and has all the toys,but im going to try very very hard to keep the raddo and have a S3 for a daily!!!

I can fully understand why your doing this. Sometimes you need a break to appreciate things. If its the series 1 S3 I think you will get bored, Ive had quite a fettled one before and it was quickest point to point car Ive had but all a bit too clinical. I'd try and keep it but get yourself a new project to work on.

I would love to have another project but i have no space or money for one :( so it will have to be a daily that i can have fun in....you see i run a m reg 5 door green shi*ron diesel for a daily......it makes me cranky! :bad-words:

glad you're keeping it James :)

Thanks Hasan :D Its the encouragement of the forum that gets me back on track.....for a short time before i fall into relapse!

S3, yes very tunable car. Personally have one with GT28RS on it and more different toys, all together around 340-350 bhp but...... It's not a Corrado. You can see old grandpa driving Audi S3 but if You see Corrado its something what makes You better..... I had that all the time.

That's the way S3 is seating in my garage (because of some work need to be done) and I'm still thinking about swaping all the goods to my Corrado. Having Corrado quatro and around 350 bhp under your feet is what You can't miss.

I just need the 4wd and im there and as i need to keep busy with the raddo it *might* happen,my mate has a 325hp S3 and the raddo makes it look slow...so it would need to have allot more HP to keep me happy and that wont come cheap i suspect :shrug:

oh and on another thing i cant be arsed with...............is back to work tomorrow aaaaaggghhhhh :censored:

The bumpers on the later corrrados stick out past the arches,so it was just a matter of matching them up,then i sanded the line on the bumper away so it matches the arches,hope that helps mate. :)

That helps loads matey, means I can get a spare set of bumpers an take my time with the work ied like to do to em, rather than workin on the ones on my car, I didn realise quite how many differences there realy is between the early, late and vr cars. Cheers James, although I trust ya car woulda wound up in good hands elsewere I'm glad to see ya decided to keep it and finish it off,