Sign in to follow this  
blackboy VR6

electric supercharger "ETS"

has any one heard of these, and more to the point has anyone got 1 and does it work the bloke on ebay selling these claims and increase upto 20bhp,

anyone got any advice on these? thoughts

cheers

phil

If youre on about one of those resistor jobbies claiming to be 20bhp+ mod, then forget it. I got one just to see what it was about and i didnt notice any difference when id fitted it (not on the corrado). Let me guess it cost about a fiver too!? Its a scam.

EDIT - need to read more carefully :lol:

Now remember everybody "more air + more fuel = more power". :D Considering the power gains achieved using a decent charger I think 8-18 horses is a bit pants really. Especially for a hundred notes.

How the hell is a fan that only draws 12 Watts going to pump enough air to generate anywhere near 20Bhp? Answer, its not. You can buy pc fans more powerful than that!!!

How the hell is a fan that only draws 12 Watts going to pump enough air to generate anywhere near 20Bhp? Answer, its not. You can buy pc fans more powerful than that!!!

1bhp is around ~700 watts, so yes, gaining 13,000 W from a 12 W input would be monumental indeed!

In fact, you'd have to say that this thing couldn't possibly even keep up with the air flow rate of a big engine on full reheat, so it might actually *reduce* your power output ..

That said, it might help stabilise idle ...

Forget individual throttle bodies on a VR, lose the intake manifold and run 6 of those bad boys direct to head.

Forget individual throttle bodies on a VR, lose the intake manifold and run 6 of those bad boys direct to head.

You're thinking too small - just do away with that heavy engine and fill the engine bay with these instead.

aren't they made from large extractor fans? i have all the bits at home to make one, but haven't

i didn't buy the bits to make one, i had it for other stuff before someone says anything :lol:

You're thinking too small - just do away with that heavy engine and fill the engine bay with these instead.

Electric supercharger thrust propulsion

1st to make the magic 300bhp wins a can of bow (may come empty)

Electric superchargers are on the way, but that ebay thing is a waste of energy fitting it and a waste of energy running it. But that's the thing with Ebay, there's enough gullible berks on there to rival the amount of customers fleaing Northern Rock.

Think about it..... an electric charger is perfect. You can constantly adjust boost pressure against throttle position and load.

The problem is making one beefy enough AND frugal enough on the old electrical current draw. I think there's one around at the moment - a proper one - that can make 50hp, but it's current draw rivals a Coach's alternator load....so will be hard on the engine to turn.

Electric superchargers are on the way, but that ebay thing is a waste of energy fitting it and a waste of energy running it. But that's the thing with Ebay, there's enough gullible berks on there to rival the amount of customers fleaing Northern Rock.

Think about it..... an electric charger is perfect. You can constantly adjust boost pressure against throttle position and load.

The problem is making one beefy enough AND frugal enough on the old electrical current draw. I think there's one around at the moment - a proper one - that can make 50hp, but it's current draw rivals a Coach's alternator load....so will be hard on the engine to turn.

Be interesting to see what the losses would be through running the much larger alt needed.

Interesting idea Kev, but I don't see how one could ever be more efficient than a mechanical one - if it's electric then you need to convert the mechanical energy to electricity (with some loss), then convert it back again (with some loss)...

Anyway - wouldn't it just be a Prius? :lol:

Easy......

The flywheel is a big rotating mass that could be used as both a starter motor and alternator.

PAS is now electric.

There are plenty of big electric water pumps out there, that only draw a couple of amps.

So there goes all your pulleys in one go. The vastly bigger alternator could supply more than enough current and voltage.

All of the above is not new. Renault have already done all that - over 5 years ago! They also invented twin scroll turbo housings, and they are only now just appearing on cars and the aftermarket.

As with everything, the ideas we think are great now were actually thought up years ago.....but over cautious investors don't support them.

I can hear cheesewire's spanners working on the car already, dumping the now inferior turbo conversion for the "Electric Supercharger Conversion" woo hoo.

He knows too much about these already to not be doing it, the secret has been let out :lol:

got it today and fitted it !!!

took it for a drive and seriously the power gain was immmmmmmense,

:lol:

i out dragged a r32 over took a sl55 zipped past a f40 all in its stride !!!!!! the power of a electric supercharger you would never believe it. :lol:

thought it was to good to be true, i'll save my 100 snots me thinks