KADVR6

Kadvr6. Its time to sell :-(

well yesterday and today been fitting the re-furbed engine i bought off here from SKIMASK, just look at the state of the chain tensioner on my old engine, and seriously you could just about hear the chains rattling. But the new engine is just soooooo smooth and sooooo very quite. It was a very very good £350 spent i think.

just going to run it in very slowly, then drop the oil out and put some silkolene in, also very very glad i swapped the cam cover over, as skimask is missing a 6mm allen key as it was resting under one of the cams.

karl

2011-10-09125556.jpg

2011-10-08172814.jpg

2011-10-08171102.jpg

Must have missed it but what was up with the old engine and how many miles were on it? What condition were the chains in themselves? I know mine are probably like that as well, just dont want to look!!!

I'm upset by the lack of cabbage content considering your prized number plate.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49573[/ATTACH]

?

I'm upset by the lack of cabbage content considering your prized number plate.

yet another usefull comment off you, cheers

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Must have missed it but what was up with the old engine and how many miles were on it? What condition were the chains in themselves? I know mine are probably like that as well, just dont want to look!!!

well is was smoking worse than Kev (thats a lot) on start up it bellowed smoke, so stem seals were shot and slightly on over run so possibly piston rings gone also, it had 127k on the clock and the chains did not look that bad at all to be honest.

Car looks real nice bud. My tensioner was shot at 75k miles.... Cant imagine there are any Corrados left now that dont need chain and tensioners doing if still on original set!

Nice to see you in a C again, although that 5 series was nice :)

He he, I don't smoke much anymore... or drink redbull!

That is one fecked tensioner pad! The worst I've seen I think!

yeh me also with the fags mate, and never liked red bull as its just gave me the s***s big style, and the strange with that completly fecked tensioner is that the chains were not that rattly at all.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Car looks real nice bud. My tensioner was shot at 75k miles.... Cant imagine there are any Corrados left now that dont need chain and tensioners doing if still on original set!

Nice to see you in a C again, although that 5 series was nice :)

cheers matt, it does feel very good to be back in a C, but yeh the BM was such a nice car but had to go as it held so many memories with the ex the cheating s**t lol, yeh i can laugh about it now but we should meet one day as would love to have a nosey round yours, the car that is not your missus????

LOL glad your back on good form mate. Guess my Corrado wont be back out now until May next year! But if you wanna arrange a meet sometime and dont mind me bringing the Golf I'd be up for that. Hell may even bring my girlfriend for you to have a nosey at LOL

Well im sorting out a meet for the 5th of November mate, have a look in the events section bring the golf and the missus lol

well done 200 miles on the new engine and its settling in lovely, it starts on the button and its near as quite running as when the engine is turned off, but picked this up today to add some noise not bad for £50

2011-10-17201818.jpg

karl

£50!? good going, anymore going at that price!

i thought this motor was in pretty sharp shape to begin with, but you're taking it up another notch.

well fitted the BMC after work today, and forgot how good they sound when fitted, not as nice sounding as my GRUPPE M induction kit but that beast did cost £550 when new.

couple of before and after shots, excuse how dirty the engine bay/slam panel are as really do need to clean the bay after the engine swap.

karl

2011-10-20172326.jpg

2011-10-20174239.jpg

howdy Karl, glad to hear the rado is still putting a smile on your face. got many up-coming plans for it as yet?...

it's looking nice anyway pal, glad to hear you're happy to be back in the fold.

are you going to the stealth RR day? i know your opinions on stealth, just wondering if you were going for the social at all...

if you are then i'll catch you there, you can have a go in a BMW V8 with a proper gearbox if you ask me nicely ;)

Hi pete,

wont be going to Stealth mate, and its got nothing to do with the past because its in the past. But yeh its nice to be back in a corrado and this time its not being messed with at all, very happy with it at the moment what with the new engine having covered only 450 miles. It may be getting v1 charged but Nooooooooooooooooooooo engine conversion lol

would love to have a go in your BM mate, as have driven two in the past three years and would like to see what yours was like.

laters

karl

Well with winter well and truly settling in was thinking about something to do in the cold winter evenings?? and one thing that i have never 100% liked about my Corrado is the engine bay with the sprayed manifold/brace etc etc. So was thinking about either getting another manifold/cam cover and getting them either vapour blasted and then powder coated OE silver, or do i go about getting them all polished and blinging to match the polished tensioner/fuel rail/alternator.

opinions/thoughts guys and gals, and here is a pic off how it looks at the moment

2011-10-20174239.jpg

What about a bit of colour coding and polishing. Colour code the manifold and polish the ends of the rocker cover. While you have the manifold off do a little bit of creative alloy welding and get rid of the missing corner around the oil filler cap. I made a cardboard template and when I was happy with the shape I cut a piece of 3mm alloy plate to match and had it welded in. The manifold was soda blasted, two pack primed and painted and then lacquered. It never gets too hot and the finish is still spot on.

P3070033.jpg

well just bought an OBD2 manifold, so will start by getting it soda blasted and see how i feel about it, if i dont like it then its polishing time.

Also getting some new alloys next weekend, i think the AZEV's did well lasting 3 months with me lol

well today fitted my new roof rubbers (£80 for the two from vw) and also fitted the clear indicators that i bought off EMU (cheers mate) just waiting to hear back from a supplier in the states for the clear bumper repeaters.

Also got some brembo's on there way as i will need some better stopping power due to my other purchase this week.

karl

2011-11-19144014.jpg

2011-11-19115429.jpg

Erm, what now? £80 for two? fancy getting me some, I think I got quoted £140 for 2 at mine.

I reckon you need a 90mm splitter now! whats the new purchase? cams, charger?