Sign in to follow this  
shawshankkid

Noisekiller under bonnet foam/sound suppressant.

After looking around for quite some time for a good quality under bonnet foam (As the original early foam is now obsolete from the dealers) this product was recommended to me by a friend who has it on his car.

http://www.noisekiller.co.uk

I enquired how much it would be, as they have templates ready made for most cars, but they only had a template for the later style corrado TOP PICTURE (this is not noisekiller in the top picture, it is just used as an example of the shapes.....i'm pretty sure it's dynamat/hoodliner.

I offered to send him the early style templates taken from measurements from my G60 and he said he would send me a set free of charge in return for me checking it for accurate fitting (Wow very nice :thumb right:) . Obviously these were millimeter perfect based on the templates that I did BOTTOM PICTURE2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfLater style.jpg[/attachment:h473nhlb]Noisekiller 030.JPG[/attachment:h473nhlb]

I am very impressed with this product, they fit perfectly and have made a big difference in noise reduction. They have a very strong self adhesive and look great as well as being easily wipeable.

The price for the noisekiller is £50.00 and £9.00 P&P.

HOWEVER - Steve the owner said he would do it for £40.00 for Corrado forum members - plus he can actually send out 10 sets for the £9.00 p&p charge, so if you live close to someone who would also like this product you could share the postage.

Steve as also sent me a set free for the later style to check for accurate fitting which i still have....so i'm going to give this to someone on the forum free. Obviously whoever I sent it to needs to post pics and comments of it on this thread,i will send this out registered post as to ensure delivery,if you want to send me the £5.00 postage feel free but if not don't worry about it.

I have been trying to work out how to do this fairly :scratch: the only way that I can come up with that seems totally fair -is for interested members to put their name down on this thread before 2pm on tuesday 6th November (as i will post it at 3pm on this day) I will then allocate each one a number and use a random number programme between 1 and how ever many interested parties there are. I will notify the "winner" in this post as well as the list of people who showed their interest.

I hope this seems fair to you good folk and I look forward to reading your replies.

Cheers Chris.

1. WALESY

2. MATTNORGROVE

3. FLA

4. G60SC_STONEY

5. JMC

6. ANDYGAL

Sounds fair to me, i'm having a new bonnet which will need painting cos i've got a couple of dents in mine so i'm gonna need some, it's a late ('95) car so stick me down on the list :)

Put me down too please :D something I've been meaning to do for ages, and looks like good stuff.

Right guys, just put the six names in a hat and my missus picked one out and the winner is ***MATTNORGROVE***

Thanks to the others for entering.

Mattnorgrove pm'd.

Gah, I never win anything! :( :lol:

Nice one for doing this anyway Shawshank - I'm sure alot of people would have just put them on egay. And well done Mattnorgrove, who says you don't get nothing for nothing these days? :)

who says you don't get nothing for nothing these days? :)

Indeed! Thanks to Shawshank for this, I'll post pics and a few words when I've fitted it.

Cheers again. :D

No problem, I like to help where i can, if it wasn't for the help of the good people on this forum i'm quite sure i would not have my Corrado today. :thumb right:

My G60 has no under bonnet foam at all - exactly how much difference does this stuff make, particularly from inside the car? I wouldn't mind it being a bit of a quieter drive so if it helps with that then game on. Any other benefits from using it?

It makes a massive difference, much better than the original foam sound suppressing wise....a big plus especialy for the G60 with the charger humming all the time.......obviously it cleans easily so no probs with oil on it like the original stuff...looks good too. I highly recommend it.

Sounds excellent. I have a suspicion that my G60 has a late-spec bonnet, once i've determined this I'll definitely be in touch with Steve to see if he's still honouring the Corrado forum discount!

Cheers!

Alexander If your bonnet has an indent running down the centre ----____---- like this, its early spec, if its got a bulge running down the centre ___------___ like this, then its late spec.

Hope this helps... :D

OK so finally got round to fitting the Noisekiller this morning, I knew the underside of the bonnet would need a good clean, so a quick trip to Halfords for some Gunk Ultra, and I made a start. Heres how it looked before cleaning.... Grotty and greasy.

DSC00396.jpg

So after a liberal all over spray of the Gunk Ultra, and a 5 minute wait, I gave it a good wiping off with warm wet cloths.... The result....

DSC00398.jpg

Quality product, the greasy shoit literally just wipes away!

Spruced the bay up very quickly (well the slam panel and struts! :lol: )

DSC00397.jpg

So, I got round to the fitting part, now the sections didn't fit exactly, but they trim easily enough with some good scissors, although it is difficult to get the shapes exactly right. The quality of the backing and the foam is excellent though, and the reflective covering is tough, being kind of criss crossed with threads, altogether very good.

The result after about an hours worth of trimming, trial fitting, trimming, trial fitting etc etc, and finally sticking each section in place (the self adhesive is very good too, it aint ever coming off!)

The finished article.....

DSC00400.jpg

Once fitted it makes a noticeable difference to the engine noise level, so it certainly does what it says on the tin!

Once again a big thanks to Shawshankkid for the freebie! Nice one! :D :D :D

No probs, glad your happy with it......Although that fit looks s**t !..... Matt any chance you could make some accurate paper templates up to send to steve at noisekiller :?:

Because there is no way i would pay good money for those with fitting like that (i'm fussy like that as i'm sure many of you are)

We need this sorting if we are going to be buying a few.

The Early type is spot on mind, so were half way there.

No probs, glad your happy with it......Although that fit looks s**t !..... Matt any chance you could make some accurate paper templates up to send to steve at noisekiller :?:

Because there is no way i would pay good money for those with fitting like that (i'm fussy like that as i'm sure many of you are)

We need this sorting if we are going to be buying a few.

Pleeease Matt, it would be great if you can get the template sorted - I quite fancy doing this, but not until it fits right.

Yeah to be fair the fit isn't quite what i was expecting, and templates are definitely needed for a better fit. I would say that making the templates up would be a lot easier on a "bare" bonnet, as really you'd need to fold the template material into the recesses to get it bang on, you just wouldnt be able to get the template right when theres already foam fitted, if you see where i'm coming from. So, who's got a late model bare underbonnet?

P.S. Bear in mind that I cut the ones to the shape and size that you see fitted. Out of the box they were WAY too big, so if you were to order a set I suppose you could spend like the whole day cutting them "just right". I'm just not that perfectionist, and they're hardly on constant display are they? :D

I fitted my noisekiller under-bonnet foam yesterday as well - firstly Noisekiller are nice people to do business with, very pleasant and Steve kindly honoured the Corrado-net discounted price of £40.

Dead quick delivery too. My experience was pretty much the same as Matt's when it comes to fitting - out of the box all the parts are much too big, but you can trim them down with a bit of trial and error with some sharp scissors - I looked at it that you get more than you'll need, so you can get it fitting in as tight as you like. Took me about an hour, in the freezing cold! But as Matt says, once it's on, it ain't coming off!

As far as noise level reduction, honestly, I don't think it makes that much difference to my G60. That said, it's a noisy beast with a smaller pulley, RSR outlet and a decatted full steel exhaust so I daresay a good amount of noise comes from underneath. It certainly muffles some of the higher-pitched noise and rattles but it's by no means a marked difference.

Still pleased though, it looks great, should keep the engine well insulated and every little helps! Will post pics up if I get near the car in daylight, which is increasingly difficult at this time of year.

I ordered some and sent them back didnt fit well at all they told me to cut them I told them thats y i payed them for. :o

i noticed my original lining has started to come off, kinda sags in the middle now, i'm sure it was all like new a few months ago :(