Sign in to follow this  
VR6 South

What's been Your Biggest Bodge Job?

Confession time!

Mine was using bits of a biscuit tin and underseal to line the inner seals of a Cavalier Sports Hatch (Opel Manta style) to get it through the MOT. I would use the cowboy or embarrassed smilies but they are not working for me at the moment. I hasten to add this was along time ago and not the sort of thing I would do again.

pretty much all the work done on my rado by a certain company was a botch job!! wouldnt recommend them to anyone....

who was it? :lol:

well known company.....awesome gti......,

not so AWESOME imo..

Can I just point out that the BOJ in Bojmobile has nothing to do with my poor quality of work on my Corrado!

Thank you for your time.

Can I just point out that the BOJ in Bojmobile has nothing to do with my poor quality of work on my Corrado!

Thank you for your time.

Cough *bollocks* cough

:lol: :lol:

pretty much all the work done on my rado by a certain company was a botch job!! wouldnt recommend them to anyone....

who was it? :lol:

well known company.....awesome gti......,

not so AWESOME imo..

So they should be called "Bodj Up Yo GTI Rood Boi", or something like that.... :lol:

I'm at work and I'm bored. :(

Jesus, I've committed loads of crimes to cars over the years.... but the best has to be when I attached a Peco "Big bore 4" back box to my Allegro's exhaust system with nothing more than Holts exhaust bandage. It fell off on the motorway and smashed through the car behind's grille and radiator. Needless to say I scarpered!

On the same car I used a lot of Isopon body filler to get it through the MOT, but I didn't clean the rust off properly first and it didn't adhere to the car fully. Needless to say it failed after they put it on the ramps and resultant body flexing popped all the chunks of filler out onto the floor.

using a bake bean tin to repair a exhaust on a rover 216 worked a treat and went through a MOT

re-cycling at its very best :lol:

Jesus, I've committed loads of crimes to cars over the years.... but the best has to be when I attached a Peco "Big bore 4" back box to my Allegro's exhaust system with nothing more than Holts exhaust bandage. It fell off on the motorway and smashed through the car behind's grille and radiator. Needless to say I scarpered!

On the same car I used a lot of Isopon body filler to get it through the MOT, but I didn't clean the rust off properly first and it didn't adhere to the car fully. Needless to say it failed after they put it on the ramps and resultant body flexing popped all the chunks of filler out onto the floor.

I'd like to say that frankly there is no crime too big for an Allegro IMHO. I'm actually impressed that you even own up to having had one

Sheet of perspex tank taped into an Evo 6 in place of the winscreen after the car had been rolled on an afternoon stage in Rally GB five years ago. The length of aluminium tubing the scrutineers made us fix up the middle of the screen inside to support this bodge from collapsing into the car at speed almost skewered the driver when he rolled again on the last, very foggy night stage.

using a bake bean tin to repair a exhaust on a rover 216 worked a treat and went through a MOT

I've done that aswell (although i think my can was spaghetti) on a b reg Mitsubishi Colt - I only paid 70 quid for the car didn't feel that it justified having a new exhaust!!

Got through it's MOT (just)

Rebuilding a large hole the footwell of a mini with wire mesh and bridging compound, looked great but if you ran your fingers along inside and out you'd realise that it was inch thick in places. As will all sins on the mini I kept a large can of underseal handy to cover them up.

The windscreen washer jet's packed up on my first Gilf GTi the day before the MOT :-(

So I bodged in a switch and taped it to the stalk with electrical tape 8) but the feckers still

wouldnt let it pass till I made a label and stuck it on the switch :lol:

Not had to bodge the C yet and dont think I could bring myself to do it!

Lots of stuff involving JB-Weld.

Including a water pump once - Yeah, yeah - I know. It was a plug it up and drive motor at the time.

Well the balance weight on the off-side half shaft is held on with Mastic. I wasn't going to shell out £65 for a replacement and then spend all day fitting it and it's got through 2 MOTs so far. Speaking of which, the brake balance adjuster was rusty and broken (the one that adds bias to the rear brakes when there's extra weight in the boot) so it has removed and the pipes run straight from front to back. No problems so far when loaded under heavy braking....

Lots of stuff involving gaffer tape for little things like checking leaks on boost pipes on the Audi. The last Corrado was largely held together with cable ties (or so it seemed).

Nothing too major really :-)

I'd like to say that frankly there is no crime too big for an Allegro IMHO. I'm actually impressed that you even own up to having had one

Well you have to suffer the schitt jobs and cars to help you appreciate the good ones :lol:

You think that's bad enough, but at one point I had two Allegros outside my parent's house, my 1300 and a chocolate brown 1500 (with the square steering wheel). I had dilusions of fitting the twin SU carbs to my 1300 and then gave up. It was my first car back in 1989. These days kids tool around in Subarus and things. Bank loans were difficult to get in the early 90s and insurance was virtually impossible due to the joy riding.....

only bodge so far on the piss-rat is holding the sides of the mk4 front bumper (its mk3 passat) in with zip ties through holes in the plastic arch liner so it lines up with the wheel arches :) as mk4's are apparently about 2cm wider than mk3's . . .