boost monkey

Project Plum - The Plan of Attack

Jon isn't that 16v that the guys are breaking a 9a? Wings will be different to yours- will still fit, but not sure it will look quite right without the other late front end stuff (bonnet, bumper etc).

Pushed the wedding back a few months. Was getting too stressed with trying to finish uni and plan for it at the same time :/

Handed in my dissertation this morning, well chuffed about it! 9th in the year and in a whole day before the deadline :D

Happy to email anyone who wants it the pdf. It's 15000 words and 100 pages though so be warned.

It's dry sump system design and optimisation for the VR6 engine (also suitable for R32/R36).

Cheers :D

You have email :-)

Still need to find out if uni owns the intellectial rights to the design or not. Would be nice to at least make a prototype of the pump.

^^^ exactly, i would be selling it to people who want a look, not email it around for free! ;)

Nutter! :( Just approved your ad- seriously thought about deleting it. I would take pics of the interior- black is more desirable, so a good selling point.

You should keep it though! Thought you had a spare engine to drop in?! I reckon you just need to get really stuck into it, and get your bro to help. I don't mind popping over if you need another pair of hands. You've built it up into such a huge thing- you just need to get over that hurdle and get stuck in!

I may have had a funny 5 minutes just then.

I just saw you removed it! Was just clicking to view it as it disappeared!

What is it you need done mate to get her going? whats the BIG things? I'm sure someone would give you a hand if you needed it. I would if you lived anywhere near me! lol

Yeah, been a weird day today :/

There's a bunch of stuff that i've done which I need to REDO which is the most annoying part, like hard brake lines at the rear (i.e. rear beam back off).

Other parts are the usual things like rot under the battery, and bottom of the wings.

I think the first plan should be pull out the dead KR, which allows space to finish the front hard lines and some tidying (prob weld battery tray at the same time) and then go from there.

It looks like a mission but actually it's just a bunch of little jobs.

to....?

Something about bum love I would expect. I'm slightly concerned that's the first thing I thought of after reading the thread title!

No...make that VERY concerned.

crikey that was a momentary shock reading that, good to see you're keeping it!

you can do the rear lines with the beam mounted, i rebuilt mine completely but wanted the rear beam on to make sure the lines didn't foul anything once it was fitted - its a wee bit fiddly but makes one less job.

crikey that was a momentary shock reading that, good to see you're keeping it!

you can do the rear lines with the beam mounted, i rebuilt mine completely but wanted the rear beam on to make sure the lines didn't foul anything once it was fitted - its a wee bit fiddly but makes one less job.

God, I found it hard enough with the beam off the car! :lol:

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

See BC's comment /\/\/\

Filthy.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

of course I don't really think Corrados are that great because I've owned mine for 3 years now, and driven it maybe for 6months :lol:

Ok, so i bought a Mk2 8v GTi today :lol: it's just out of MOT but i'm going to pick up and drive straight back to my local garage which I'm pretty sure is kosher?

Will get a list of advisories from last year, and if I have to I'll strip parts off the plum to get it through the test. Really missed my old 16v so it'll be nice to have a car to just get out in once in a while :D

more pics and details to follow.

Edited by boost monkey

Sorted out insurance today, got a classic policy for me an the International licensed missus for around £400! Quite happy with that :D

pick up the wagon on friday.

So here are a few pics of Willow from the advert.

88243772.png

40309826.png

67128259.png

44656756.png

She is pretty tidy, 4 owners on a G plate, spax adjustables and black diamonds up front. Nothing fancy really. I am looking forward to playing the the suspension settings though, seeing if they are any good or pants. I really like the small bumper GTis :D my E reg 16v was the same, and it was a great car until the rear end rotted :/

Every advisory from last mot has been done (a bearing, discs and pads, and shocks [replaced with spax]), so all I need to do is pick it up and drive it to my local garage. I'll be supplying parts if they're needed, but i'm hoping it doesn't need much to get through. More updates on Friday I guess!

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Also, if anyone knows where I can get armour door plates which don't cost £25 a pop that would be great. Been a long time since I had a Mk2.