24V Renshaw

24V Renshaw - 24V V6 - Just read the whole thread!!!!

Cool vid! It's strangely underwhelming doing 150+ in a Rado!

What was the rpm at 165?

You need to be doing 7000rpm to get a true 167.6mph from the VR gearbox, taking into account your 215/35s. And that's assuming the car has enough grunt to overcome the wind resistance.

If you were pulling 6500rpm, the actual top speed would have been 155.6mph, which is still damn respectable!

Yeah it did feel very comfortable.

I got 165 on the clocks, which going from the GPS was 160 in reality, which is fast enough. :)

No idea what the RPM was, I wasn't looking :)

There was still more there to be honest, it was not really accelerating much but it was still just about climbing, I just caught up some cars and had to back off.

Remeber Kev that mine for some reason is the only VR6 Corrado that Vince has had do over 126 in fourth on his rollers when I hit 128. No idea why, but I am guessing its something to do with the 17.2" Corvette rims.

Jay

Dunno mate..... 4th is good for 137 mph at 7000rpm with your tyres and 6500rpm will get you 127mph.

Strange, but good! :-)

LOL. yep all a hoax :) NOT.

Will be interesting to see what yours will do when we go next year Ben.

I am happy with 165, don't think I will do that again for a while. :)

Jay

It's a shame i don't have any video's, i've had mine off the clock loads, need to capture some of them, yours seemed really smooth and quite quiet mind Jay!

Chris

Well it was planned to do some and we made a start but never finished it, will do though, waiting for H8RRA's to get sprayed then will do some and try not to die

Chris

How sad am I!!! I have just sat and read through all 88 pages of this thread. I must have been mental doing what I did. Still was good to read it all back and remember the excitement.

Better get on with the MK4 or I will be wanting to buy the Rado back again :)

Jay

So, just reading lots of this, saw the car in PVW. Did Jay sell the J plate Corrado that he spent so much time and money on? Who has it now? Nick

Yes he did, bought a 911 which was sold in a matter of weeks. Currently drives a rather nice Golf 4Motion but thats up for sale as well

So he is, wonder what he's getting next??? :roll:

He's worse than a woman, that man, green probably clashes with his shes or something :lol: