Sign in to follow this  
StormchargedVR6

Shag Pile

are they for your gonads or car? :lol:

ROFLCOPTERZZZZ!!!1111

If I was drinking something at that point in time, It would have become a projectile.

At £20 for ten they are very good value - just ordered a set, more stuffto go into my "reserve" cupboard :D

Have you heard of a washing machine mate?!

Do you have 50 pairs of blue, orange and purple pants aswell? :lol:

F'ck it, I'm ordering 100 right now.

What's DoDo juice? Any good? Is it military grade GT35R carnuba goodness, or is it cheap old general purpose "Turbonetics" grade?

Explain to a polishing dunce and self confessed cleaning phobe..... what the feck is the difference? They coat Haribo jellies in carnuba wax, so it can't be all that surely?

I take the Mick out of Shaun for his compulsive cleaning but hats off to the guy..... he's not afraid to heavily modify a

I take the Mick out of Shaun for his compulsive cleaning but hats off to the guy..... he's not afraid to heavily modify a

16.000 miles Kev, get it rite. I like it clean and Fast :lol: Kev you checked out that Rothe site yet

And don't forget that a clean car is more aerodynamically efficient and therefore faster, there you go Kev - a link between cleaning and performance is identified :D, I'd be the first to admit that your route to more performance is more interesting though

You could be onto something there..... maybe it's just pyschological, but my car definitely 'feels' faster and 'more of a peice' after it's been cleaned / waxed?? Maybe it's just the car's way of rewarding a little effort :lol:

Seeing the huge selection of cleaning products on that website - some of them quite gadgety - I can see how people get drawn into 'detailing', but I just lack the time and motivation.... which is quite frustrating because on the odd occasion I do get the soap out, she doesn't come up too bad 8)

Shaun, yeah I saw the manifold mate. I prefer the ATP one ;-)

I ordered those towels by the way. Not sure why, they looked quite cosy to lie on. I also ordered some Collinite insulator wax because it says it's dead easy to rub off and lasts a year. Sounds ideal for a lazy git like me!

Kev - you're right when you say that people get drawn into detailing. I started off years ago just using CarPlan, Simoniz type stuff, then went on to AutoGlym, talking to people over the years has seen me drawn in to things much more.

I just find the time I spend cleaning very relaxing, I don't think about all the other "life" crap.

I can see how people get drawn into 'detailing', but I just lack the time and motivation....

It's a slippery slope tbh Kev, it's starts on your own car, but it's not long before you'll move onto cleaning other peoples cars for the love of it, whilst taking thousands of pics of each process and listing each individual product you've used at each stage for the benefit of internet peoplez - then it moves onto your clothes, and house, You'll find yourself spending hours and hours making sure your windows are spotless and your shoes are shiney enough to see your face in. Its at this point that you'll quit your job and start your own 'detailing' company using your newly aquired expertise learnt on internet forums.

Within a year, you'll be having grief from your other half because you've taken to spending 3 hours in the shower each morning detailing your penis.

I can see how people get drawn into 'detailing', but I just lack the time and motivation....

It's a slippery slope tbh Kev, it's starts on your own car, but it's not long before you'll move onto cleaning other peoples cars for the love of it, whilst taking thousands of pics of each process and listing each individual product you've used at each stage for the benefit of internet peoplez - then it moves onto your clothes, and house, You'll find yourself spending hours and hours making sure your windows are spotless and your shoes are shiney enough to see your face in. Its at this point that you'll quit your job and start your own 'detailing' company using your newly aquired expertise learnt on internet forums.

Within a year, you'll be having grief from your other half because you've taken to spending 3 hours in the shower each morning detailing your penis.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

Get some tubes of Smarties Kev, they've got carnuba in too!!

I just find the time I spend cleaning very relaxing, I don't think about all the other "life" crap.

Get's my vote Andy, it is a very relaxing way to spend a few hours.

Just looking forward to more consistant weather. Just haven't felt like giving the car a proper clean in ages - but knowing that Stanford is looming (and seeing as Andy has so kindly sent me some DodoJuice stuff totally free!) then it'll be getting the royal treatment soon!

Detailing is relaxing?! When it comes to self inflicted arm ache, my Jenna Jamieson box set is preferable to buffing wax off :lol:

PMSL :lol:

lol @ this thread, you're all nutters :lol:

imo, the standard paint does come up nice, but you can really tell the 2-pack paint doesn't really cut it, resolution wise: even the crispest reflections are mottled a bit.

Then when you look at a car with a newly sprayed paintjob (C6 VRG, Stoney, etc etc... oh, both Burgundy :lol: ) you can pick out MUCH more of the fine detail when looking into the paintjob. That Ed1 Mk2 G60 is another case in point. (burgundy WINNAGE)

I guess what I'm saying is that there's no point doing a crazy amount of detailing, buying Megs / Dodo Juice / Coco Pops to rub into your paintwork if it's really not going to be able to enhance it in the way a new respray would.

2p (or not 2p? that is the question)

imo, the standard paint does come up nice, but you can really tell the 2-pack paint doesn't really cut it, resolution wise: even the crispest reflections are mottled a bit.

Thats called Orange Peel, which is standard in pretty much all paint work, even more so with brand new cars! Apart from cars that have had a LOT spent on a top notch paint job, in which case the paint is flattened down during the painting process to eliminate orange peel.

Tbh spending a day rubbing the paintwork of your car with all sorts of products is down to personal interests, i happen to really enjoy it and even though your arms feel like they could drop off after i also find it a relaxing process, as your mind and body (arms!) are kept busy for a long period of time and so all of lifes little troubles dont seem to bother you, its just you, your car and some polish/wax :lol: The only other thing that i find as relaxing is playing guitar (which is obviously more relaxing on your muscles, but im talking mentally relaxing!)

Plus i think a lot of people who slate detailing will soon change their mind when they see a car that has had a lot of time spent on the finish of the paint. Not bragging but mine for example, its original paint (12 years old!) but when i have finished with it it looks like new bar the stone chips on the front which even new cars have so doesnt bother me. Other cars that come to mind, Goldie's Storm is a fantastic example, original paint with some good time spent on it and its winning show and shine competitions over cars with resprays!

And another point to add (sorry i will shut up soon :lol:) just because people spend £5k+ on paint jobs doesn't necessarily mean their paint is in the best condition! When you go to all these shows, if you were to come round with me i would point out to you the bad ones that despite the paint job, are covered in swirls from improper washing techniques as well as holograms and buffer trails left behind from the paint job. Where as mine, with 12 year old paint after a good machine polish etc has next to no swirls as i keep on top of it and wash it properly!!

Rant over, my 2p worth anyway :lol:

lol, a 95 car isn't old though!

And isn't orange peel when the spray gun is too heavily loaded on one of the nozzles and the paint kinda piles up and curls away from the bodywork when it attaches? :shrug: