VAG-hag

VAG-hag's Corrado, beautiful addition

Hello all :wave:

Thought it was about time I made a lil thread for my C. Im afraid I dont have many pics as I managed to spoil my last lap-top a little. Ill not go into detail but my mates thought it was very funny at the time calling it a yak top - not good!! :pukeright:

Anyway back to the point. I bought this car as a totally original Storm with 58k on the clock. At the time when I 1st saw it I had just finished restoring my 1st C (owned by my old man since '96) but quite fancied a change.....

The car (N301KOU) was not for sale & was just parked up on the roadside in Surbiton. I had a good oggle, took a quick pic & left it at that. Later when chatting with pappa M (Philmo) he said I should have left a begging letter incase the guy (or girl) ever sold it.

For months I kept my eye open but only ever saw a golf VR in the same spot. But then - its there!!! Stop the train!!! etc etc I left a lil note 'like the car', 'my cats died please can I have it' & so on. 3 weeks later I get a call saying come & pick it up mate. Turns out the guy "had too many cars" anyway. Not bad eh?? He pretty much used the C just for tramming up the motorway & thought it would be nice to go to a fan (with a dead cat - sorry Ill leave that joke alone now) I went for a lil spin, agreed a price & soon picked it up :thumbleft: Sold N808CWB a few months later - sad day, even though I had another one waiting!!

Still love to get in this car just as much as ever :D

Here is a quick list of mods -

Clifford Concept 650 Alarm :nono:

G60 NO number plate - Merry Christmas!! :dance:

H&R RSS Clubsport Coillies

Eibach F&R ARBs

S/S Strut Brace bought through the group buy

Schimmel 263 cams (b day gift off Pappa M)

Stealth Re-map

All red rears - used the sticky overlay thingys from empire GFX but not im impressed with my fitting so im tinting some soon!

17"x 7.5" BBS RXIIs - Summer wheels with 205,40,17s (when I finally get them on!!)

17"x8" OZ Super Ts - Winter wheels with 215,40,17s (im really quite liking these so they may become full time wheels) these are also good to have when I finally upgrade the brakes!

She now has 68,888 miles. Next plan is to up rate the brakes :afro: :lol:

Edited by VAG-hag

Yeah, really do like the wheels, trying to find out what finish they have, as I want it on my speedies. :)

If you can pull the hard drive out your old laptop, i've got a usb cradle it can go in to retreive data.

looking very nice on the new rims Chris, makes me wish i had kept them :(

and Tom they were sprayed with halford black barbeque spray paint :)

karl

Cheers for the comments gents!!

Tom you want to spray your speedo's?? :lol: & cheers for the offer of getting my old stuff off the lappy, im affraid its gone to the big IT department in the sky now :( Oh yeah did I not mention it was a work lappy I :censored: up?? whoops :oops:

Next job is yonder oil cooler.....

Looking very good Chris.

I know at least one person who would bite ya hand off for that number plate :wink:

Exactly how many sets of wheels have you got now :? Can't make my mind up if I like the super Ts or not - probably need to see em in the flesh.

BTW those very charts were the ones that made my mind up about the 263s - you have a lot to answer for!

Cheers,

Vaughan

Exactly how many sets of wheels have you got now :? those very charts were the ones that made my mind up about the 263s - you have a lot to answer for

Thanks Vaughn,

On 3 sets now. I even got called a wheel wh0re by Judith the other day!! :D The idea is to keep a set of Solitudes IF I ever sell, the RXIIs with polished lip for dry miles & the super Ts for winter......

Please dont tell Wendy it was because of me that you invested in your "for the good of the engine dear" cams!!! She may not be so nice next time :lol:

What does it feel like after the cams and remap?

The first thing I noticed was how smooth it felt. It also seemed more eager to go....... had a HUGE smile on my face when I first came out of Stealth put it that way. Also it still sounds the same, is smooth on idle & delivers goodish MPG (same as before) when pootling on motorways :)

That is my ideal number plate lol, good to finally see the beast.

Cheers Simon. No match for the beast from Rothers though!! PS spoke to Rob today & he is hoping to make the VW festival @ Harewood. Said id ask if you were along??

Again thanks for the comments guys, its nice to hear from fellow owners aswell as Joe public of course!! :D

looking very nice on the new rims Chris, makes me wish i had kept them :(

and Tom they were sprayed with halford black barbeque spray paint :)

karl

Cheers dude!

I think I'll get some black paint and put a couple of good coats on to reduce the porosity and then wack some of the BBQ paint on. What could go wrong? :)

Cheers captain!! Still lots more to come ££ permiting!! :D

Hope to see you when you land again for a bit longer mate :thumbleft:

Well ive been a busy boy getting my RX IIs in one piece (well 4 really!! :lol: ) The faces were refurbed when I got them i may change the colour soon but for now they are on & im happy.

Bit of a debate going on as to which wheels look the best so please let me know what you think :D

Ive also whipped the rear wiper off, just need me a bung now :D

The RX's look more showy, whereas the Super T's look more 'business like' if you know what I mean.

I think I like the Super T's to be honest!

100% agree Jim, the RX's look nice and "bling" where the T's look very motorsport.

so a tough call

Tough call :? , both look good. I'll side with the RXs but probably only because of the uniform colour.

In that colour scheme on the RX's they look too chavy and the T's def look the "business" :norty: you know what i like.....