Leonard

Leonard's Corrado VR6 - 515bhp 5.9L's twin scroll turbo ;)

You'll get 190hp and 181lbft after it's mapped :lol:

Seriously though, good luck and I hope it's worth the cash.

Still need a shorter final drive and light flywheel though, ha ha! :D

You'll get 190hp and 181lbft after it's mapped :lol:

Seriously though, good luck and I hope it's worth the cash.

Still need a shorter final drive and light flywheel though, ha ha! :D

Cheers mate!

LOL there would be some weeping I can tell ya :grin:

Suspension/bushes, 6 speed box and LSD are all next. Within the next 6 years.... :lol:

Good man!

If you're staying normally aspirated, the O2S gearbox from the Golf FSI (non turbo) is worth a look. It appears to be a 6 speed version of the 02A we know and love and will handle mildly modded VR6 power. Cheaper than all other 6 speed options!

Good man!

If you're staying normally aspirated, the O2S gearbox from the Golf FSI (non turbo) is worth a look. It appears to be a 6 speed version of the 02A we know and love and will handle mildly modded VR6 power. Cheaper than all other 6 speed options!

Yep was thinking that!

Just waiting for someone to make a conversion kit for it :lol:

Yeah, how was the Stealth trip?

Can we not talk about it please :gag: (nothing to do with Stealth btw)

Ooh doesn't sound good Matt :(

Hopefully it will be resolved next Tuesday (or Im really going to kick off)

Hope its a small issue Matt, is your car still at stealth? I'm there on Friday afternoon

Hope its a small issue Matt, is your car still at stealth? I'm there on Friday afternoon

No took it back home. Hopefully back down there end of month. Good luck for Friday mate.

Hey mate, my Dad just emailed me some of my pics that i had left behind and came across a few from GTI International ('96 i think) and i remember seeing your car there......

VWshow2059[1].jpg[/attachment:31i4qf7u]

Hey mate, my Dad just emailed me some of my pics that i had left behind and came across a few from GTI International ('96 i think) and i remember seeing your car there......

VWshow2059[1].jpg[/attachment:1087crp0]

Hey mate

Thats awesome thanks a million for that! Always good to get a little bit more history :grin:

Bit worried it looks better then than now LOL but I guess it was a fair bit younger :lol:

Thanks again

Matt

Ok figured I have had enough falling out with the good old C last few months and i should make up, give her some lovin and update her profile a bit.

Well I did indeed get the VSR and Cams fitted Matt and she is running a lot more healthily.

209bhp and 199lbft

Doesnt sound like a great deal, but it makes the car feel like I always thought it should feel like. If that makes sense! Lot more urgency from 2k revs, mid range packed out a little and then a VTEC type kick at the top when the manifold flap opens and the cams come on song.

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSC00269.JPG[/attachment:1ug95gzy]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC00270.JPG[/attachment:1ug95gzy]

So all good and the car is tucked up in the garage at the moment whilst I commute to work in a Mk4 1.8T Gti, which altho isnt as fun as the Corrado is so much more refined, comfy and modern feeling. In fact I REALLY quite like it, if I hadnt driven a Corrado before I would be happy as a pig in mud and without any of the heartache a Corrado can bring :lol:

Things still to do for spring:

1) Sort out a couple of tiny rust blemishes on the tailgate, fuel filler.

2) Fit a new boot seal

3) Paint and fit my recently purchase Mk4 288mm front and rear brakes.

4) Fit my also recently aquired uprated headlight wiring loom (cheers Zak!)

5) Decide what KW model suspension to go for and get it fitted quick smart so I can actually enjoy my car again!! :clap:

6) Ooo did buy a BB throttle body from Leon as well, so may fit that. Not sure how much I will gain without a remap tho... So not sure about the worth of it or not at the moment.

On a different note had a great insurance quote from Chris Knott (with Highway). Agreed valuation of £6500 all bells and whistles and all for just over £300. Good value I thought, but I am getting on a bit now, 36 this year! :eek:

Had to take a few pics for the valuation so here are a 'few'

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC00928.JPG[/attachment:1ug95gzy]

DSC00929.JPG[/attachment:1ug95gzy]

very very nice - looks lovely 8)

are you tempted to go back to ABT's someday?

Hi, mate

If I dont sell it, store it, or put it back to std that is certainly something i would consider :grin: What do you reckon about the ABT's? I certainly like the 90's feel of them.

How you getting on without a Corrado?

Matt