Leonard

Leonard's Corrado VR6 - 515bhp 5.9L's twin scroll turbo ;)

very very nice - looks lovely 8)

are you tempted to go back to ABT's someday?

Hi, mate

If I dont sell it, store it, or put it back to std that is certainly something i would consider :grin: What do you reckon about the ABT's? I certainly like the 90's feel of them.

How you getting on without a Corrado?

Matt

hey Matt, life without a corrado is surprisingly good ta - the money that i would be putting into it in maintenance is going into the m5 in fuel instead! :lol:

i love abt's on a rado - if you want a pic, check out this link

the only other thing i would do to your car is to loose the round exhaust and go for an oval item like a magnex or jetex

hey Matt, life without a corrado is surprisingly good ta - the money that i would be putting into it in maintenance is going into the m5 in fuel instead! :lol:

i love abt's on a rado - if you want a pic, check out this link

the only other thing i would do to your car is to loose the round exhaust and go for an oval item like a magnex or jetex

Good stuff glad to hear that. Not surprised your happy with your motor though :grin:

I actually quite like the round exhaust. Dont know, but the oval design seems too fat for the Corrado rear some how. Probably go for a slightly smaller slashed stainless design next though.

Probably go for a slightly smaller slashed stainless design next though.

Cars looking really good. I like that idea but not sure it would work with the wheels, they are quite "classy" being polished an all so oval pipe would look good. Im contemplating the round slash cut idea at the moment i.e. have a backbox made up so I can swap out with my magnex when I feel like it.

Is this what you were thinking about?

Cars looking really good. I like that idea but not sure it would work with the wheels, they are quite "classy" being polished an all so oval pipe would look good. Im contemplating the round slash cut idea at the moment i.e. have a backbox made up so I can swap out with my magnex when I feel like it.

Is this what you were thinking about?

Bit bigger mate. Was thinking 2.5 inch slashed steel in similar style to the below (not rounded off)

Car looks stunning matt! Gives me something to aspire to with mine! We must try and organise a derby meet sometime once the weather improves??? Ian

Car looks stunning matt! Gives me something to aspire to with mine! We must try and organise a derby meet sometime once the weather improves??? Ian

Hey buddy. Well your car is certainly coming on a bit now! 8)

Anymore plans for the near future?

Defo up for a meet sometime, how about Carsington resevoir or something?

Hey buddy. Well your car is certainly coming on a bit now! 8)

Anymore plans for the near future?

Defo up for a meet sometime, how about Carsington resevoir or something?

Plenty of plans for mine but they all seem to be distant dreams! Front wheel bearings need replacing now and it is definately going to need some paint in the next year, front end is heavily stone chipped and lacquer peel in several places! But it is my 200 mile a week daily driver so i can't be too fussy!

Yeah i recon a meet and convoy drive round carsington direction would work, pick a good pub to end in! Perhaps easter time? Ian

Yeah i recon a meet and convoy drive round carsington direction would work, pick a good pub to end in! Perhaps easter time? Ian

Well you have to keep on top of the regular upkeep and maintenance, even more so as a daily! So respect to you.

Easter sounds good for a meet, will look fwd to it mate

First full shots and spec details i've seem on your car, looks good on the avatar but these bigger pics really show it off. :salute:

First full shots and spec details i've seem on your car, looks good on the avatar but these bigger pics really show it off. :salute:

Cheers mate

Got a ways to go before its up to your standard, but not sure I have the time, money or patience for that :lol:

Be nice to get the chassis sorted this year though, that will keep me happy enough :)

Looking forward to seeing yours on the all silver BBS 8)

Matt

matt the cars looking as good as it did when i saw it last summer 8)

Cheers mate, all I can say is roll on the summer! :grin:

Oh my god, just seen your car on the RS's and have messed my pants :lol: Stunning mate, love the red centres, just that little bit different from the rest 8)

Felt like selling up at the weekend again. Back using the C as a daily which seems a waste, although pretty fun! Then had a rubbish drive back from Hull. Was already a bit miffed having a dirty bike in the back of my car and missed my junction on the M62 and had to do a rather large detour through Doncaster :gag: All because the M62 notice board said juction was 8 mins and 8 miles away. 1 minute and 2 miles later........

Then I had some bloke in a new Audi A6 3.0L Avant goading me to race him :confused4: Since I was feeling miffed I succumbed (which I dont normally do) and was even more pissed when there wasnt really much in it and I pulled about half a car length on him. Anyway...... I was all up for getting rid of the Corrado and buying a nice practical Audi 3L Avant (to put my dirty bike in). Well I might as well if they are that speedy and practical. Was only then that I found out that the 3L Audi A6 has a superchager bolted to it and pushes out 290bhp and 310ft lb. Dont normally willy waggle but cheered me up a little at the end of my long drive :lol: And yeah I know the A6 weighs the same as a battleship but the blokes expression was still funny to behold :grin:

Plans for near future:

Really need to get my 288' calipers painted up and fitted, along with my new MK4 rears.

Got a tiny bit of rust on bottom of my drivers door and on the towing eye, so need to get these bits sorted ASAP.

By the time I have done that, it will be time to put my Futuras back on so that will cheer me up a little.

Also spoke to DG about powdercoating the subframes. And I still need to decide on KW1's or KW'3s :shrug: and where the hell I am going to get the money from :lol:

You've got no staying power you lot. One little niggle or doubt and you're straight onto Autotrader looking at dull Audis and things :lol:

Your lates pics look great :notworthy: Don't lose sight of what you've got. I guarantee if you bought a dull as dishwater Audi you'd be regretting it a week later, especially when you notice your nice new car doesn't stand out in the crowd in the slightest and is just as bland and anonymous as the tarmac you're driving it on.

If you want something newer and more refined, but still fun, get a MK5 GTI or something. Can you seriously see yourself driving around in a rep mobile?

The trouble is familiarity breeds contempt and we all get lured by newer car refinement and ride quality, but trust me, the novelty of that lasts all of a week and then you want your Corrado back again :D

Just turbo it and you will be p1ssing yourself every time some Audi knobber tries to race you :D

The trouble is familiarity breeds contempt and we all get lured by newer car refinement and ride quality, but trust me, the novelty of that lasts all of a week and then you want your Corrado back again :D

True! I use my C as a daily and I hate it most days :lol: it's very uncomfortable, loud, thirsty etc etc! When I was putting the R32 lump in I was driving about in my old mans Audi A4 2.5 V6TDI Quattro which is a nice car, it's sooooo quiet and comfortable and still goes well without hurting the wallet too much with fuel costs ... but I was bored of it very quickly! Although I find Audi's good looking, they are everywhere so it was just another silver A4, although fairly quick it wasn't quick enough (diesel so no rev range!) and mostly the steering is numb as hell, good because you don't feel every bump but bad because when entering a corner you get zero feedback that indicates whether there's any grip etc and so it wasn't fun to drive! Getting back in the C felt awesome, it felt so planted and quick!

Although now I've had the C back on the road a while I'm reeeeally wanting the Audi back again for some refinement :lol:

:lol: Yes you are both right!

I need to be rich and have both types of car. Still looking for a cheapish daily driver so I can put the Corrado back in the garage. Will appreciate it a lot more then and will be more of an occasion when I do take it out. Got too much money, time and dare I say affection tied up the EVL bugger to get rid :grin: I think getting the suspension sorted will be the big thing that makes me happy.

And yes I would like a big power Rado. Tempting to buy a decent 2k car for a daily and give it to Vince! But I know the costs wouldnt stop there! Plus I would be getting even worse MPG :lol:

Thanks for reassuring me once more and tellin me how it is..again.... :grin:

Probably going to put the old girl into storage for a year or so.

Anyone got any tips on keeping everything 100% whilst it is locked up in the garage?

Take it I shouldnt bother servicing it before just after?

Thanks

Matt

Take it your not using it much if your planning on tucking it away for a year? Shame as its such a gorgeous car! Ian :D

Take it your not using it much if your planning on tucking it away for a year? Shame as its such a gorgeous car! Ian :D

Hey Ian!

No Im using it too much, everyday! Dont want to run it through another winter as the salt kills it and I would quite like to get a few bits upgraded which will cost a bit of wedge :? Therefore I figured the 'sensible' thing to do would be to stick it away for a year and get a sensible, or un-sensible runaround :grin: I have had it for 9 years now so I am probably due another car LOL

How is your motor anyway? You were certainly getting it up to speed last time I saw you 8)

I put mine away over the winter and did nothing special. If you will have access to it just make sure you take it out for a little drive now and again, even just a couple of hundred yards to get it up to temp. Dont leave it in gear and dont put the handbrake on but again try functioning these as much as possible. When you come to use it again just give it a service and off you go. Try to get a cover and try and get a load of those little silicon sacks to put inside to stop condensation.

I put mine away over the winter and did nothing special. If you will have access to it just make sure you take it out for a little drive now and again, even just a couple of hundred yards to get it up to temp. Dont leave it in gear and dont put the handbrake on but again try functioning these as much as possible. When you come to use it again just give it a service and off you go. Try to get a cover and try and get a load of those little silicon sacks to put inside to stop condensation.

Cheers mate. I did think about getting a small de-humidifier but wasnt sure if it was overkill or not :?

I would also think about a "conditioning" trickle charger for the battery - I use an Airflow one and have not had a problem in over 2 years. I think the principle is it allows the battery to discharge a little and then tops it up thus conditioning it.

Have lso been told that moving it at regular intervals will help to avoid any flat spotting of tyres