Leonard

Leonard's Corrado VR6 - 515bhp 5.9L's twin scroll turbo ;)

A while ago i read something about storing a car on the VR6OC, very useful stuff but sorry have no link! Sure it was stickied somewhere, i'll have a gander now

RW1 did a very comprehensive summary of this, including spraying the discs with hairspray of all things! I think i saved it so i'll try and dig it out and post it up.

Yep a cover works wonders even a cheap one from Netto which is where ours are from :wave: the Airflow conditioner is a must. http://www.airflow-uk.co.uk/Battery-Conditioner.html

And a tray of kitty litter in the footwell works wonders but not done this myself yet but will do this year, :wink: i also put the car on some other wheels with cheap tyres on to save damaging the best ones :grin:

And occasionally every 8 weeks or so fire it up and move it a little to free things up. I really dont like leaving it for 6 months without any attention at all.

Havent been on here for a while which I feel a bit bad about :( Must admit the new look site scared me a little LOL

Anyway still have the Corrado but it is still sat in the garage under a dust sheet, feel bad about that too :(

Main reason is my girlfriend moved to Essex (Im in Derbyshire) so I bought another car to put the miles on and travel down in a little more refinement.

First I bought this for a little rwd fun:

IMGP3502.jpg

IMGP3491.jpg

Great car, but not practical so had to go. Bought it in the winter though and sold it 5 months later for 100 pound profit!

Then for past month I have been searching high and low for a Mk5 Gti, whilst cycling 200miles a week to work and back. Well I dont have to cycle no more!

Its a 2007 3 door Tornado Red

28k miles

FVWSH, Belt, Major Service, Tax, MOT all done March this year.

Spotless exterior and wheels (bar couple stone chips on bonnet, was garaged second car)

Xenon headlamps

Winter and Lux pack

Armrest and ipod connecter

6cd 10 speaker RCD500

Boot liner and winter mats and brand new ED30 mats

Highline comp

All past paperwork blah blah

Red was not initially a colour I had wanted, but now I wouldnt have anything else. Couldnt ask for more!

Just goes to show it pays to wait... as hard as that is LOL

Had it just over a week now and am blown away by the performance. Handling is great, nicely balanced and power and delivery seems just right. i was going to go straight to a Revo Stage 1 but to be honest I dont think it needs it. Especially on the B-Roads of the Peak District. Runs out of puff a little after a 100mph, but.....

Interior is a really nice place to be as well and I have fitted an RNS510C which is a great piece of kit. Easy to fit and really amps up the sound.

Also stuck an ED30 badge on the front and treated the car to a clay, polish and wax with Dodo Orange Crush.

Apart from that just been enjoying it! :smiley:

Do still miss the Corrado though :(

Matt

Few pics (not great but I did my best tonight with my phone and some crappy light lol)

IMGP3591.jpg

IMGP3590.jpg

IMGP3589.jpg

IMGP3592.jpg

IMGP3586.jpg

Edited by Leonard

edition 30., very nice car great all round car. Now get the Corrado on a classic policy and show it some love its summer after all.

edition 30., very nice car great all round car. Now get the Corrado on a classic policy and show it some love its summer after all.

Yeah I know, just lost the love a bit at the mo. Will wait until next spring I think and then give the chassis a proper refurb, powdercoating, decent suspension etc

Its hard at moment as my new house doesnt have a garage so the Corrado is stored 10 miles away. Just not worth the expense of tax and insurance.

I do feel bad tho! LOL

Matt

Ahh Leonard ....... I have been wondering recently where some of the more familiar 'faces' have gone recently.

Glad your still on the scene....... love the ED30 - suprised you say it runs out of puff at 100 though !!

Ahh Leonard ....... I have been wondering recently where some of the more familiar 'faces' have gone recently.

Glad your still on the scene....... love the ED30 - suprised you say it runs out of puff at 100 though !!

Im sure we are still all here hanging around in the woodwork LOL. Been a fun last hour catching up with all the gossip :D

Car doesnt really 'run out of puff' but urge in 6th isnt as great as it could be if it was mapped.... ;)

Ha ha, they do run out of steam at 100 though, as do R32s. Engines are all bottom end these days and nothing up top, which I really hate tbh, but you can change that with some choice tweaks :D

Anyway, glad you and the Corrado are still around!

Ha ha, they do run out of steam at 100 though, as do R32s. Engines are all bottom end these days and nothing up top, which I really hate tbh, but you can change that with some choice tweaks :D

Anyway, glad you and the Corrado are still around!

Ha ha nice to see you still here Kev

£499 gets me 300bhp and 310 torque so bit better bang for buck than the VR6 LOL

Wont bother going any further though.

Matt

I don't think there would be any need, thats great value/performance bang for buck.

Lot of love around here still for your Corrado

Ha ha nice to see you still here Kev

£499 gets me 300bhp and 310 torque so bit better bang for buck than the VR6 LOL

Wont bother going any further though.

Matt

Part of the furniture me :D

Brilliant chassis on the MK5 GTI, can't fault that at all :D. It's the only VW I wouldn't touch suspension wise.

300hp being just £500 away will keep gnawing at you and once your new car honeymoon period is over, you'll crumble, I guarantee it :lol:

Anyway, you always did have a soft spot for the ED30, so I'm glad you're really happy with it mate!

Cheers guy's appreciate the comments

Reason I went for the ED30 is that it offers so much looks and performance wise as stock, without having to mod anything!

Dont even have to change the exhaust for 300bhp :D

Then again brakes feel a little weak ;) lol

Matt

..........Then again brakes feel a little weak ;) lol

Most of us here can sympathise with that though :D

Cant believe you havent had any jabs about the MX5 ...... what the hell were you thinking !! :lol:

Only joking mate, I know there suppose to be good fun !!

Great motor, really rate them looks great in red!

My brother just got one a few months back in black pearl, he said exactly the same thing about the brakes too!

Have you got the number plaque? if not you can still request it from VW

Edited by blue95

nice gti mate, and go and see graham at D&G i'm sure he would map it for you for less than £499.

Then again brakes feel a little weak ;) lol

Matt

AP Racing do nice 4 and 6 pot kits that fit behind the OE wheels ;)