KUR2Y

Uprated Headlight looms for 2013

I think any one who can open a bonnet and check oil should find the loom easy enough to fit. Please don't quote me,lol.

The OEM plugs look pretty and make the loom slightly easier to fit but are difficult to get hold of and add £20 to the price of the loom. In my opinion not required but the customer is always right. I don't have any spare at the moment anyway!

The parts to make the looms are readily available and you could do it yourself if you had the tools. I have the tools and am an electrical and electronic engineer, most folk just prefer to pay me to do it. I don't charge the earth. I also buy in bulk and get better discount.

My easy to follow picture diagrams make the fitting easier too. Although if any one wants it fitted for the price of postage I'm happy for them to come to the house and I'll do it for you. You might even get a brew!!

Hope that helps you decide. £55 for the time being.

Mine arrived the other day.

Looks superb quality and a great service, highly recommended.

I can't quote on how well the loom works yet because unfortunately it a birthday present from the missus.

Will update as soon as I have tested it.

Thanks very much!

Could I put name down for one of these please? I live in Jersey so the shipping may be a bit extra...happy to pay it though =)

Zak,

Could you sort me out with a full (is that 3 relay) setup?

Ideally with the OEM connectors but over the last few pages it would appear you cannot get them any more?

Thanks,

James

Hi there,

Been away all week but am happy to take orders for looms

Paul

Sam

Chris

James sorry but I don't have plugs at the minute.

Could I ask you please to send me a PM if you want a loom.

I will need to get parts on and won't be able to get looms ready until after next weekend. I'm happy to take money now or when the looms are ready.

Many thanks

Zak

hi

i'm running in pro's with hid ballasts and they are really pretty good on dip but main beam reverts back to the standard set up and the light pattern and brightness are shocking. Is there any benefit in upgrading the loom? will it have an effect on main and dip? oh and when i go onto main beam the hid low beam goes off and when i revert back it has to warm up again so i essentially drive around everywhere on dip beam. hope this makes sense. I'm only running this lay out because i hit a pidgeon at high speed and it destroyed my standard lights and at the time it was actually cheaper to by the above set up. Thanks for your help

jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

I have never had anything to do with HID's! I'm guessing a little here but it's educated guessing, the dip works off the ballast and the main is just a standard bulb? If this is the case then a loom of mine will give you a brighter main beam but may not have an affect on the dipped beam. This will solve the main beam problem but not help the loss of dipped beam. When the main goes on the dip goes out, that would be reason for your loss of charge in the ballast. I have made looms for Rallye's in the past and have fitted a Diode on the loom to keep the dip on when the main is on (those fish eye headlights were pooh). This might work for you but my concern with doing this on a standard C headlight would be heat and how it would affect the reflective portion of the light (the reflective surface can damage easily) as you don't have standard lights it might be OK.

I hope that helps! I guess I could do a loom for you with the diode to keep both beams on at the same time but I would prefer to chat to you about it first. The loom would just costvthe same as a standard one as I have diodes kicking about and it would only take 10 minutes longer.

If you want speak about it PM me your number and I'll call you in the week.

Regards

Zak

zak

thats brilliant thanks. I'll PM you in a couple of days as this morning i have put a hole in one of my lights and may just replace them with a standard set as there are a few being broken at the minute. Its only a stone chip, though quite a big one so i may just put a blob of silicone in it for now. I'll let you know and get back to you.

thanks again

james

i would like a 3relay loom does it come with any from of instructions or is it that simple im electrically minded but ive only had my C a few weeks if you PM me payment details ill get back to you cheers

i would like a 3relay loom does it come with any from of instructions or is it that simple im electrically minded but ive only had my C a few weeks if you PM me payment details ill get back to you cheers

Hi there,

I'll PM you next week. I'm working away this week do can't do anything.

The looms cone with fully illustrated fitting guide that is fairly simple yo follow.

Hope that helps.

Hi all,

I just PM'd folk about looms that are on order.

If you asked and I've not sent you a message or you want a loom, please let me know as I will be doing a batch this week and may have a spare or I can order more parts if you get me a PM before tomorrow.

Many thanks

Zak

Hoping to get next batch out tomorrow and I have 1 spare!!!!!!

£55 delivered to your door, PM if you want it!!

Zak

excellent build quality and good service from zak. just fitted mine and what a difference very bright even with the standard bulbs. hardest part was getting the drivers side headlamp off the middle screw was F***ed so the drill had to come out :/ will upload some pictures at some point trying to get a bit of a build thread together before i post it.

Thanks Matt,

Glad to hear it!

I've had 8 cars since then and always return to VW.

Wanted to get a VR but have a 40 mile commute these days. The noise is awesome!

Zak

Hi K I can't be bothered to go through the whole thread, do your looms work on Dipped and Main and I take it from some of the questions there's a choice of different number of relays could you pm me the difference as I can't take having ****e lamps anymore.Include payment deets please.

cheers

steve

Edited by khouri

Ok,

I'm making a loom for khouri next week. Any one else interested while I'm making?

Zak

Ok,

I'm making a loom for khouri next week. Any one else interested while I'm making?

Zak

Im interested. Could you send me a pm with the details please? Thanks. Rob.

Yes please. 3 Relay loom, can you PM me totals and payment details etc?

How long till it might be ready?

Cheers. Tom.

Got mine today I'll be fitting it at the weekend but first impressions are of a quality piece of kit.

Thanks

KUR2Y

Hi Steve. Enjoy fitting the loom and being able to see in the dark.

Rob and Tom you have a PM.

The boss let me go home early on Thursday so when I got home I got the tools out and cracked on, Early Friday morn like 0400 early and the results are

(first line of the lyrics obviously) but I am moving out of the darkness,what a revelation especially when I put main beam on, the birds started singing thinking dawn had come early. A mahoosive thanks to Zak for taking the time and trouble to make this happen.

Hi Zak

Im very interested in 1 of your uprated looms but im unsure which i would need

i have a 95 vr6, would you be able to pm with your advice please?

i read much of this thread some time ago but can recall if i would need any other parts or if its a fairly simple 'follow the instructions & away you go' kinda thing

appreciate your help

thanks