Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

Bonnet Bras

Ok, someone has to explain this whole thing to me. I just don't get it?! I'm not even going to go into much depth about the actual name. A 'bra' by definition covers/holds (when required or deemed necessary) things that are brilliant and have great appeal to men, women and babies the world over - tits. :luvlove:

So why earth would you put a 'bra' on a cars bonnet and bumper?

Do people use them all year round, or is it just a seasonal diease? Is it another 'scene' thing thats just gone over my head? :confused4:

Why would someone get a expensive respray, or have good standard paint and then want to cover the front of their car with something that looks so awful? It doesn't add to the visual appeal, it doesn't make the car look meaner, more stylish and it certainly (now) doesn't make your car look original...

The only thing I can say in its favour is that a bonnet bra must protect the front of your car from stone chips, but then you can't see the front of your car as its covered up by a bloody bonnet bra!

Please can someone enlighten me to why these are deemed so cool :scratch:

Some people would say the same thing about aftermarket wheels, or debadged grills etc etc etc

Some people like the way it looks, some people just use them on long journeys to protect from stone chips, some people think they look pants :lol:

The only thing I can say in its favour is that a bonnet bra must protect the front of your car from stone chips

Hi Monkey....well i think you answered your own question.

I have one of the aforementioned Bras mainly because my last bonnet ended up looking like a pepperot thanks to the damn farmers down here spreading half the fields over our lovely winding country lanes.

Got to admit though that it does very little for the looks of the car. Seem to look ok from a distance but dreadfull up close due to the thickly hemmed and stitched edges of the Bra.

Must admit I agree they don't look great but am hoping to do a front end respray at some point this year and will probably get one just for motorway driving

They do the job intended...But aren't the best idea as you should always remove them after 7 days at the most, id say less actually...Just fit them as and when needed (long motorway journey for example)

Its imperative to keep them, and the bonnet clean or they can cause damage to the paint.

Neil.

I have one for my A3 , long trips only , but i must admit i love the attention it gets good or bad when people see it it pics or in the flesh , no one likes them but companies are making a living from making them if no one likes them who buys them apart form me :D

P5100290.jpg

Rob

I have one for my A3 , long trips only , but i must admit i love the attention it gets good or bad when people see it it pics or in the flesh , no one likes them but companies are making a living from making them if no one likes them who buys them apart form me :D

P5100290.jpg

Rob

Have you got a rado one? If your selling the motor, thought I'd ask

I can see that they are good for long journeys, i'm going to be driving my Corrado about 1200 miles on all sorts of roads when i move in a few weeks, and have been thinking about getting one to protect my new paint.

I also think they look good on some cars, depends on the rest of the styling/colour though.

What i want to know is, why do they all have the 2 bumps/folds sticking up?

I can see that they are good for long journeys, i'm going to be driving my Corrado about 1200 miles on all sorts of roads when i move in a few weeks, and have been thinking about getting one to protect my new paint.

I also think they look good on some cars, depends on the rest of the styling/colour though.

There like looking through the eyes of a target when your driving! :)

haha good post...i agree they look pants but do understand the benefit in regards to stone chips etc.

personally i wouldn't fit one because they make a mean powerful car look very camp. it would be like having a cross dressing corrado...

afaik they stop it flapping about at higher speeds.

i'm a bit puzzled by these..why do people deem it so important to protect the bonnet, but leave the biggest surface area at the front - the grill and bumper - exposed. :shrug: :scratch:

Yep, those are in effect...spoilers. :)

There's always the much better, more long term, fit and forget, less damaging option of a subtle high quality paint protection film from a certain company :scratch: :lol:

anyone ave any pics of a blackberry c with a bra on i do alot of motorway miles so need some protection

I love Mine! Breaks up the car a bit IMHO! If the Calender gets done you guys will have the Pleasure of staring at it all through March!!!

ClubCharlys2008008.jpg

I love Mine! Breaks up the car a bit IMHO! If the Calender gets done you guys will have the Pleasure of staring at it all through March!!!

ClubCharlys2008008.jpg

make that 2 bra wearing rados in the next calendar :)

DSC00436.jpg

im glad someone asked that question, i was just thinking the same thing.

oh well fair enuf, nae my cup of tea....

but boys will be boys, haha.