Sign in to follow this  
carter711

Alloys most like Speedlines, but in 16"?

I am thinking of going for some 16" wheels next, but want to keep my car looking as stock as possible. I love the look of speedlines but what them to fill the arches abit more, so 16" would be ideal.

I know that a corrado owner's group got together in America (I think?) and got Speedline to make some one off 16" special editions, but these will be impossible to get hold of! I know you can buy Scooby 17" speedies, but I'm a picky sod and I'd like 16"!

These are some wheels that I've found that look pretty similar to Speedlines, but are available in 16".

Compomotive MO1675

http://www.comp.co.uk/productpics/wheels/MO1675_l.jpg

Rota slipstream

http://www.lambodoorkits.co.uk/images/I ... wheels.jpg

Azev A

http://mgf.rulezz.com/images/MO_EX_WH_AZEV_A.jpg

Are there any others that I haven't found? Which ones do you think look the best/closest?

Cheers! :D

Personally i love the azev a's, but for the similarity factor i would say the compomotives are the closest match.

I spoke to Speedline last month and they are getting me some 16"s x 7 ET35 5x100 over from Italy.

I need to call them for an update, but I might be able to get some for you as well!

Ta,

Mark

I spoke to Speedline last month and they are getting me some 16"s x 7 ET35 5x100 over from Italy.

I need to call them for an update, but I might be able to get some for you as well!

Ta,

Mark

Ah that's pretty cool, speedlines in 16" would be the perfect choice.

How much are they charging if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not going to be buying for a little while as I was made redundant a few months ago :( but any help in the meantime is appreciated.

Cheers!

Ta,

Mark

I'm not going to be buying for a little while as I was made redundant a few months ago :( but any help in the meantime is appreciated.

Cheers!

:wave: may also be interested depending on price..

pics of 16" speedlines

It looks so much better with 16" Speedlines! I love it. :grin:

x2 !! Cant believe how much better they look in 16's!

is it me or does the front tyre look like the sidewall is larger than the back in the side on shot?

Ta,

Mark

Cheers!

OK - my 16" Speedlines are coming to me on Friday - I could have had them tomorrow if it had been possible for me to accept delivery. The price is £575 including delivery. The wheels are 5x100 ET35 and should take the original bolts. The centre bore is a perfect 57.1.

PM me if you want the phone number of my contact at Speedline :)

Speedlines are good quality wheels.. I paid about that for my Comp2's back when i had my G60 and I felt they were worth it!

It is a lot of cash when you consider the choice of lovely wheels these days, but these are proper high temperature Aluminium lightweight motor sport wheels, like the compomotives, rather than glamour wheels, and will outlast a lot of the fakes and cheaper wheels.

I personally was close to getting some dished mesh style alloys, but I decided that at the end of the day, a wider 16" with a lower ET will look really smart and yet still be functional.

Sorry - more questions mate - what offset are these and what width? When I got my Comp2's before, they were only 16x7 and the offset meant that they sat slightly too far into the wheel arch and looked a bit skinny! Great from side on - but really needed spacing out a little bit.