Fanjita

1993 Dark Burgundy Pearl R32 290.8 BHP!

Been a while since I updated, haven't had much time to work on the car, but it's making good progress.

Just a few small jobs outstanding (still haven't given the ECU all it needs to be happy), but it's otherwise spot on!

Bit disappointed about the lack of induction noise through the CDA, but wondering if it's the ecu chopping back on the torque and not opening the throttle butterfly completely.

Sound is a bit quiet, need to turn up the volume to hear it better :)

That sounds greeeeaaaat,!!!!

Thinking of pulling out my 4motion lump and getting a 3.2 to go in its place now..

what exhaust you got? i got miltek system , makes my 2.8 sound abslutley beautiful, i wouldnt mind a 3.2 for the extra horse's/cows though ;)

Been a while since I updated, haven't had much time to work on the car, but it's making good progress.

Just a few small jobs outstanding (still haven't given the ECU all it needs to be happy), but it's otherwise spot on!

what other stuff needs doing ecu wise? , all iv got to do on mine is vss signal and then all faults will be none existant , even though it cant rev past 5.5 k revs its still sounds and drives amazing, looking good btw :)

It's mainly just the SAI dummy feed which I've been meaning to do for ages! Mine revs up fine, just feels a bit like its holding back a tad.

Go Pro footage too :)

Well it turns out the wiring didn't need more work. The ecu has been found to be faulty! I've managed to find a replacement which is now off to swict for immobiliser removal. Wheels need work too :-(

ete5atuv.jpg

ude9y7us.jpg

Well it has signs of water getting in the case, so I can only assume...

What Mark was explaining to me was if water damage was the cause, then the more sensitive circuits would go first. The pedal is one of these, and the error coming back was 'out of limits' so it's very possible that corrosion or deposits from water has changed the resistance and put this sensing circuit out. Lambdas are apparently similarly sensitive.

So the signs are pointing towards it, it was very erratic when the pedal would work and when it wouldn't. On the plus side I have another ECU I can add to the list of ones compatible with my BUB engine.

Just some new randoms

936762_10152764575410632_741286086_n.jpg

946520_10152818031950092_569002248_n.jpg

Really toying with the idea of TT comps when I can afford them, and then get the santas done up at a later date. Wheels letting the car down!

So I replaced the ECU last week, and rewired the lambdas. The result is no limp home mode and a different performing engine, happy to say the least!

Been many months since the purple turd received any attention, but this new job is a big one...

So after ensuring the car is mechanically sound, it turns to making the bodywork sound. My passenger front wing is beyond saving, so I've been on the prowl for a replacement. The drivers side also needs a paint repair to prevent it getting worse. I finally sorted a wing last month, and so I've been making arrangements to have a friend tend to its bodywork. Boy did he not know what he was in for.....

As well as the wing needing painting, we had a proper walkaround of the car and laid out a budget. Looks like I can cover the majority of the corroded areas within what I can afford. Getting the work done by a fellow Corrado owner and good friend, I knew it was in good hands.

So the pictures (courtesy of Ryan):

ybejumut.jpg

me3aqeqe.jpg

aruryqe7.jpg

jubequ8y.jpg

u5u4u7y6.jpg

a8y4udy4.jpg

na3aty8a.jpg

ara8u7y6.jpg

6emudyna.jpg

6ysygunu.jpg

More pictures to follow

On the plus side I have another ECU I can add to the list of ones compatible with my BUB engine.

hit me with a list of compatible ecu's please :study:

Thanks a lot guys, it's now having the final touch ups and polishing. My friend doing the work is a perfectionist :)

hit me with a list of compatible ecu's please :study:

022 906 032 CD

022 906 032 CE

022 906 032 JR

022 906 032 KG

022 906 032 KH

All worked on a BUB. Also have the ECU pinouts and wiring diagrams specifically for this engine, Mark wired my Lambdas incorrectly using the wrong diagrams (older engine I think)

Edited by Fanjita

Rolled out on Friday. Headlights are finally sorted too, no more candlelight!

vebudeqe.jpg

dydepu8e.jpg

vama5yty.jpg

Edited by Fanjita

Good stuff!

Did you get to the bottom of the light throttle stuttering or was that down to the lambdas being wired up incorrectly?

Thanks kev!

Still doing it mate :( at a bit of a loss really, lambdas are working as expected. Vince even took a data log from me and said all appeared completely fine. All I can think is a tiny vacuum leak somewhere...

Bummer :(

Are you sure it's not just a vibration? What engine mounts are you using? Vibratechnics? The only other thing I can think of is an over sensitive throttle / pedal. Mine can stutter just once during warm up if I come off the pedal a bit quicker than it likes, but it doesn't do it often enough for it to be irritating. Did SWICT do anything to the map?

It's the rate at which the stutter occurs that puts me off any mechanical oscillations, it's not road speed dependent just rpm, and at a rate which doesn't vary with speed. Feels like I was going on and off power with around a half second rate. I could be completely wrong though, but that's what it seems to me, like the fuel cut off on overrun is not coming back on properly....

It could be an oversensitive throttle, but it's weird how it'll just stop when the revs fall below around 1800. I have a vibratechnics front mount but the rest are standard. It does it at any temperature too. One big giveaway is on occasion I've reset the ecu faults which resets the learned values? I think! It has been very mild then until it's been driven a bit then comes back like before

Well it never sold, so I decided to shelf it until I had the funds available to get her up and running again.

Well that time came a few weeks ago, and I have finally managed to fix her up and get Vince@Stealth to fettle it fully.

Fitted new bearings and hubs at mine (Pic from just after), then had it in for various electrical bits doing, and finally a remap.

With Vince's expertise, it produced just over 290 bhp! My jaw dropped!

19279784309_60fe6da8e6_z.jpgIMAG0113 by Fanjita2009, on Flickr

Edited by Fanjita