Sign in to follow this  
Swompy

Swompy's Ice grey violet. Now gone to a new home

To do list added to page one :D

And after a great welcome yesterday I think most of that work will be at D G autoteck, as it isnt that far from me and it sounds like dave an Co really know what they are doing 8)

Quick heads up dave, I will probably be in touch about haveing a service done some point soon :D

Went and had tracking sorted today on one of those four point lazer bays. But nothing was wrong, so something els is causing my car to drift to the right. :confused4: :shrug:

Also the guy doing it couldnt find my car on the computer, turns out he was looking for Corrodo :brickwall:

no wonder they didnt find anything, they havent got a clue :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The kidy did look a bit gormless

Hi its Graham from DG Autotech, most laser alignment machines won get your car driving perfectly because they have huge tolerances on the acceptable camber angle etc. (unless the person using it knows what their doing)

It needs to be exactly the same on both side or it will torque steer and not pull up straight when braking.

We can have a look at it if you want.

Hi its Graham from DG Autotech, most laser alignment machines won get your car driving perfectly because they have huge tolerances on the acceptable camber angle etc. (unless the person using it knows what their doing)

It needs to be exactly the same on both side or it will torque steer and not pull up straight when braking.

We can have a look at it if you want.

Hey Graham, I dont know If Dave has told you but my car will be coming to DG auto in about 2 weeks time for a service ( havent booked it yet as I was going to talk to dave more about it tomoro) but could have a look when it comes in then.

Its not bad under acceleration but brakeing it has a very slight pull but when cruising along if I let the wheel do what it wants it pulls to the right and to go in a straight line I have to hold the wheel so its sort of between the 12 and 11 oclock position.

Well the car is booked in for a service and wheel alignment at DG autoteck on the 11th

Also just ordered a pair of 280mm discs for the front and will be picking up some calipers and carriers off vaughan at the next regional meet, all ready for my front brake upgrade :D

still making some good progress mate, good to see :clap:

Chears, Just trying to get a little bit done each month ( wages permitting :D ) will take a while I know but will be worth it.

Jake - the brakes will also have some fairly new Goodridge flexi hoses attached, can't remember if I mentioned that :)

Jake - the brakes will also have some fairly new Goodridge flexi hoses attached, can't remember if I mentioned that :)

Ya you did 8)

Did you say there was pads on it as I cant remember :confused4:

Nice to see the first mods are on their way 8) Forgot Vaughan had those!

haha well I all ready have a KR inlet cam sat on the desk in my bedroom, waiting to be fitted. Going to wait untill I need a few other things doing in the engine befor I get it fitted tho.

Will have a look at removing the trumpet from the air box this weekend too and sorting a cold air feed.

Got the pads through the post today :D just the clipers and carriers now.

I gave the calipers and carriers a good clean today - little bit of surface rust in places that could probably do with a wire brushing to prepare for painting. Decided on a colour yet?

I gave the calipers and carriers a good clean today - little bit of surface rust in places that could probably do with a wire brushing to prepare for painting. Decided on a colour yet?

Hey thanks for that Vaughan, you didnt have to.

No I havent really, I dont want red cos every ones has that colour, but want a colour that will poke through the little gaps on my rims, but at the same time doesnt look silly against the colour of the car.

any idears??

Hey thanks for that Vaughan, you didnt have to.

No I havent really, I dont want red cos every ones has that colour, but want a colour that will poke through the little gaps on my rims, but at the same time doesnt look silly against the colour of the car.

any idears??

How about light blue Hammerite?light blue caliper.jpg[/attachment:3il8o1zr]

oooo Nice

I think we have a found option A :D

Option Z:purp caliper.jpg[/attachment:ikrk46o1] Suits you sir :camp: :camp: