Sign in to follow this  
Pat_McCrotch

How to spend all day on your Corrado and do nothing...

1) Take a day off work

2) Find out all the Snap On tools have been removed from the House and into your Old Man's barn 20 miles away.

3) Attempt to tighten handbrake cables by removing centre console. Find that four bolts that hold the rear centre armrest on are so rediculously tight you can't get them off :mad2: Eventually tighten handbrake cables to find that they are shot anyway...

4) Try to take seats out to change sliders and find that you don't even have the right tools to do that anymore

5) Attempt to repaint new aero rear wiper arm with Hammerite Smooth Spray Can kindly donated by pianowire.

6) Drop Hammerite can on floor braking the aerosol can, meaning you can't carry out job.

7) Spend 10 minutes swearing the house down, jump in the C to Halfrauds for a bit of retail therapy. Walk out with a £100 toolkit.

8) Attempt to remove the heater controls to repair. Break obselete centre console trim in the process.

9) Remove Radio not realising the wires aren't insultated properly, shorting the radio and making it scrap.

It's just not my day :(

I think we have all been there!

I almost chucked my toy's out the pram at the weekend LOL

Keep at it though, one little bit at a time......

Sounds like a rough day, If I was you I'd just go inside and watch a bit of Diagnosis Murder and chill.

I've had a similar problem with my radio in the past, the previous owner must have been a complete numpty!

i feel your pain, as im sure all other corrado owners do...

it took me and my father two weeks to finallly loosen the last bolt holding on the rear bumper on one of my c's, and we still havent managed to uno the caliper bolts :mad2:

but at least you havent spent most of your time finding that specific bolts that are needed are missing!

keep at it, it will come good...

Haha, welcome to corrado ownership!!!

i feel your pain, i broke my 13mm socket the other day which pretty much ended my day of mechanics

Oh dear :pale: Does your radio not have a hidden fuse somewhere? I think quite a lot of them have one tucked into the radio body.

We've all had days like this though, you're not alone!

Sorry but :lol:

It's the way of the world. You fix something and the world, to put karma back into alignment, breaks something else to compensate.

Ever get the feeling that you and this car were never meant to be?

Ha ha Crotchy boy.... I think it's just your car's way of saying it only wants ME working on it, and not an incompetent bafoon like you :lol:

Oh and we'll call it quits on the hammerite as I nicked your can of Audi stuff :lol:

Bring it round on Saturday with some new HB cables and we'll have another fixathon....

OK, on the plus side;

The new Halfrauds tool kit meant I could finally do my seats :) and the badges I resprayed came out quite well considering I've never sprayed before.

The radio is defiantely well and truly fooked I'm afraid. Both the car and radio fuse are intact :( It's a shame as it was a new radio with Bluetooth and aux-in etc.

Ah well, perfect excuse to go for one of these all-in-one moniceiver type things with 7"screen. The height of the DIN-shaft in a Rado is perfect for these, too.

Tempest

How about an old cassette player and a tape of me groaning and rustling about?

Know exactly how you feel though. I'm awful for not getting stuff done. :(

If you look hard enough you will be bound to find one of these lurking somewhere;gremlins.jpg[/attachment:oq82hls9]

No doubt there is someone on here who can help you exorcise the little blighter but would probably end up in someones elses pride and joy :wink: