Blimey!

Indeed!

I'm good thanks all, I've literally got tones to tell (although only half of it is Corrado related) So for those who are interested here is the potted version (rated PG)

Last time I posted properly I had just lost my job and was living in a small flat in Dundee feeling sorry for myself; the same for my car I expect. Then about 4 years ago I met a lass called Cath and I'm now about 3 weeks from my wedding. Pretty excited to tell the truth... I could ramble on for hours about it TBH but i'll spare you the details and go straight to the car.

She had been left on my drive since 2013 without moving more than 2-3 weeks at a time and I was starting to feel like all the hard work I had previously done was starting to unravel. All that powder coating, all those new bolts, engine mounts suspension.... just rusting up on the car. But then about a year ago Myself and Kris decided to go on a bit of an adventure and we drove his Corrado across Europe.

For those who are interested I'll link the route we took here when i can find it. But briefly we went via Spa to Germany, nurburgring, to Prague then Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco and french Rivera to Nice then north back into Germany then home. I had just got a new job and Kris had been nagging me for ages to do it... :camp:

PICS

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81349[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81350[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81351[/ATTACH]

This made me want to do the car up again... I moved out of the flat and got myself a house with a little garage and that was last year.

Then I took The woman to Spain and asked her to marry me... It's been super crazy since then. Paying for a wedding (could have bought 6-7 corrado's with the money for that!) and doing up the house the car has yet again sat idle... but NO LONGER! In 4 weeks I'll be stripping out the engine, removing the super charger and sending that off to be refurbished. A the same time i'll be fitting the stainless steel exhaust that I've now had for over 3 years! and my mate is gunna help me strip it down and do a full respray. I've already got him spraying the front bumper, bonnet and rear bumper (+iron) :thumbleft:

I had a real ruff patch but i think things are on the up for once. I'm gunna get married on the 16th of May for anyone wanting a beer on me! (near Perth, Scotland) you're all welcome to gate crash! Admission is charged at One quick blast around the estate in your corrado! :p

Can't wait to post some real nerdy car picks in the summer when I can take some time off and open up that engine bay once more.

Speak soon!!!

Hey fella's. Will be sellin the corrado shortly. I'm afraid i went and had a baby and although those baby recaro seats look smart a new passat looks better... I did get some work done to it since i last posted but its still bassicaly not moved. Was wonting advice on the price of g60's now adays and wondering if anyone would be interested in a project? It needs very little to pass an MOT but its far from perfect.

Pros.

68mm pully on charger

Kw v1 suspension

New bumber + bracket resprayed.

Powder coated cross members + slam panel

Replaced subframe and engine mounts

Spare golf deisel gear box (not fitted)

New miltec exhaust and tubular steel manifold (not fitted)

New roof mech

Upgraded head light loom

All electrics working fine (including spolier)

Upgraded door handel pins

And lots more (check the thred for everything)

Cons

Needs new bonet (i have a spare that i'll include in the sale)

Rear passenger wheel arch is going rusty as well as windscreen seals.

Charger is due a service.

Due to their age probably could do with fresh tyres.

Had it running yesterday, starts just fine. Has been kept in a garage under a cover for two years now so is dusty but still good otherwise. Have been starting it every few months to keep the engine healthy. Also did a compresion test on it and its all fine.

Advice or interest welcome. I have SOOOO many other things to sell with it, 8 years worth of bits and bobs.... various panels, componants etc. Just want to see it go to a good home :,(

Hey Guys,

So i sold the G60, went to a chap on the forum at least with the intention of working on her rather than breaking her which is a bonus. Very sad to see her go. but after i Sold her a got a little money from some inheritance and then something fortuitous happened

I was offered a VR6 previously owned by my good friend Kris (http://the-corrado.net/member.php?8653-Kris). Shes in much better condition than the g60 was ever in but there is a few little things that will need to be done. Roof isn't working, calipers need replaced, couple of dents need addressed on the drivers side. But mostly... she is very clean. Was re-sprayed about 2 years ago so is generally rust free and well kept.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]88082[/ATTACH]

God Knows how I'm going to afford this Car with a baby about... My wife isn't too happy either as she thought she would have at least a few years of Corrado free living but sadly i didnt manage even two months!

OHH WELL

Well done on getting the car. Enjoy her

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Haha top work! Looks tidy, we can't even say welcome back seeing as the dust is still settling from the last corrado leaving

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That's absolutely superb news, looks lovely as well. Congratulations!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Congrats mate. Having continued corrado life with a baby, then a toddler and now a 5yr old I can safely say you'll have no issues. The corrado is surprisingly practical, we've been camping in ours a few times. And if light with the right foot it's fairly economical....

You'll be fine mate.

And if light with the right foot it's fairly economical....

I drove back from the Nürburgring last week in it and i was stuggling to get better than 30mpg... my g60 could get closer to 38mpg on a good day

shes a nice drive though

I drove back from the Nürburgring last week in it and i was stuggling to get better than 30mpg... my g60 could get closer to 38mpg on a good day

shes a nice drive though

I get just shy of 30mpg in normal use, I've seen 40 stuck behind long trails of traffic at steady speed. Do a brim to brim check, the dash maybe pessimistic?

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?94836-Something-you-don-t-see-every-day-(vr6)

Edited by Dox

Haha top work! Looks tidy, we can't even say welcome back seeing as the dust is still settling from the last corrado leaving

lol yeah... i didnt even expect that! guess I'll have to change my name though now right? :p

I get just shy of 30mpg in normal use, I've seen 40 stuck behind long trails of traffic at steady speed.

I didn't check the tyres and i did have a passenger in the car... I'm also running 2 different types of tyres. One of which is toyo proxy's that i dont think are the best on economy...

I didn't check the tyres and i did have a passenger in the car... I'm also running 2 different types of tyres. One of which is toyo proxy's that i dont think are the best on economy...

I've got 4 Toyo Proxis on mine, it was a hot day and so many cars in front it wasn't worth overtaking

I've got 4 Toyo Proxis on mine, it was a hot day and so many cars in front it wasn't worth overtaking

yeah.. that average speed though :D

I did about 1500miles with an average of 60ish... maybe if i had trundled along behind a lorry the entire way i might have done better. It's just a shock after driving the g60. I guess forced induction helps in more than just the power department!

yeah.. that average speed though :D

I did about 1500miles with an average of 60ish... maybe if i had trundled along behind a lorry the entire way i might have done better. It's just a shock after driving the g60. I guess forced induction helps in more than just the power department!

I can't comment on G60s frugality, but I have driven back from both Prague and Rome after banger rallys in a 3L BMW and a 2.6 Merc at similar speeds to yourself low 20s were the best we could achieve.