Jim Bowen

Exhaust about to fall off! Update: pg4 = Magnex

Typical, it was only a week or so ago i found out my exhaust was still the original and i've been raving on about how its lasted 176,000miles.....

Noticed car has been running hotter than normal, randomally looked under car this morning and the big box at the back is nearly hitting the floor on one side.

So i guess now i have the daunting task of finding a new exhaust, i'll probably get an aftermarket one as they work out cheaper i imagine.

I have a Milltek on mine fitted back in 2002 still going strong,however I know a few folk witht he Magnex which IMHO looks slightly better tho I have heard they can have issues but I suppose it depends on the fitter

the main thing that worries me is it being too loud all the time.

I'll probably be getting stealth racing to fit the exhaust (when i eventually get around to booking it in)

I've never found it too loud,just a nice wee burble when idling nothing too intrusive just makes it sound a bit more meatier than the standard one

i got a powerflow one, its got a lifetime guarantee as long you take it back once a year for inspection.

Afternoon, I tryed to purchase a milltek exhaust a few weeks ago but found out that they've gone bust! For a replacement I ended up with a Jamex which seems good, fitted spot on and sounds great (£322 from Venom). I've heard that most of the Milltek stock is either being grabbed up by other manufactorers or sold off cheap so with a bit of searching you should be able to get a deal. Don't know how you stand with the warrenty on it though? If you're anywhere near Milton Keynes I'm just about to start stripping a 94 VR6 if you wanna grab an old box for nothing.......

Afternoon, I tryed to purchase a milltek exhaust a few weeks ago but found out that they've gone bust!

Seriously?

They're site is still up and running - http://www.millteksport.com/contact.cfm

They're quite highly regarded in some circles but their Corrado exhausts were seriously patchy quality wise.

Afternoon, I tryed to purchase a milltek exhaust a few weeks ago but found out that they've gone bust!

Seriously?

They're site is still up and running - http://www.millteksport.com/contact.cfm

They're quite highly regarded in some circles but their Corrado exhausts were seriously patchy quality wise.

Was Magnex... their stocjk was bought out by a co called Roadrunner (from memory)..

but they seem to be coming back? http://www.magnexexhausts.com/

Corsa, if it's the back-box just "leaning" could be the exhaust rubbers being old and stretched?

the rubber did look a bit long, i've not been under to look properly but am sure i've heard a slight blow recently. I'll probably just get a new system anyway as i think most of it hasn't got much life left in it now.

Magnex if you can find them... all stainless (cat-back) one box less (2-box system) but as quiet as stock on cruise, and nice and growly under throttle...

Supersprint. Not a full SS but very quiet and has a nice burble. Not loud at all. Got mine via Stealth.

what do you mean by not full stainless? a lower grade throughout or parts are different steel?

are they the same kind of price as the others?

The back boxes are stainless steel, but the rest is steel (what steel maybe someone could inform me). A centre box, centre pipe and and back box cost me £460 delivered. Which is slightly more then others.

Yeah, you can get the other back box, but i went for the oval. Maybe the oval could be a little smaller but its not too bad.

You'll also need - Front pipe for OEM Kat. with inlet Ø 55 cod: 323612

Yeah didnt realise they did hi flow cats, may consider getting one of those.

i might just get the centre and rear box, is the pipe just a bit of pipe. My local exhaust place might be able to supply something like that

I've got a Scorpion exhaust. Looks the best in my opinion as it fits the cut out in the bumper perfectly. That's about it as far as positives... It doesn't fit well and is far too loud...

Been looking at the Jetex three/two box system, I've always rated Jetex stuff, read a few good reviews too.

my Milltek,as i said i prefer the look of the magnex but when I bought mine back in 2002 I was told the Milltek was the better one to go for

Picture017.jpg

It goes like this:

VR6_Corrado_Exhaust.jpg[/attachment:241p3l0t]

In a Supersprint system the first silencer after the cat is replaced by a pipe. On the VR6 this is the elusive 323612 "front pipe". I've tried everywhere I can find and no one has stock. Furthermore, Supersprint won't make any more without a minimum order of at least 5. I've got a thread about this on here.