Jim Bowen

Exhaust about to fall off! Update: pg4 = Magnex

Think there is both on there for the VR. There is definately a centre pipe going from the centre box to the CAT. But you will no doubt be able to get a length of pipe to replace the CAT. So whether you have a 1 centre pipe and one decat or just one pipe from the centre box to the downpipe that could be up to you. But it maybe wise to have the 2 pipes so the CAT can be refitted for MOT time. The centre pipe will require measuring and cutting down to length btw.

HTH

EDIT - Timbo, did you read my last post on your exhaust thread?

i'll be keeping the cat, i took it off a previous car and caused loads of grief.

nice diagram, that makes sense now, so you think i won't be able to buy the front pipe? seems a bit stupid of supersprint to stop making the simplest piece required to fit the rest of their exhaust?

Supersprint

-Backbox = £378

-Centre = £163

-Front = £50?

Total = £591

Miltek catback = £408

Jetex catback = £378

Just pricing up the 3 main contenders. I think i may give supersprint a miss for now :(

get the Jetex, its a perfect fit and its as quite as a standard exhaust until you get above 500rpm and then releases a nice growl.

If you want to splash out I can highly recommend the techtonics tuning dual borla system for the VR6. Only problem is the rubbish exchange rate with the US at the moment. 2.5" straight through (no over axle crimp like so many mass made ones) with custom silencers.

If you want to hear what it's like I can always pop over your way? Generally great burble at idle, stock quiet on the road unless you put ya foot down at which point you know about it! Only thing that isn't to everyone's taste is the stealthy plain round tailpipe.

I've been looking at the test results on the exhausts in the link above and the Jetex does make good peek performance, but if you compare it lower down in the rev rang it does'nt do very well.

At 3000 revs it only makes 75 bhp where most of the others are making 100 bhp!

nice link :)

i'll 100% be phoning them on monday morning..

Car (and Exhaust) will be at Volksfest (harlow) tomorrow if you want a look? I'll be in the Nomads line up!

Phoned the place for Magnex exhaust but they have none, she said the corrado ones flew off the shelfs before any others.....damn you corrado enthusiasts :lol:

Speaking to stealth, the chap agreed that miltek are a bit patchy, and not a consistent quality, the supersprint is going to be loads of money and i can't justify it.

so left with the Jetex or risk it with a miltek :scratch:

If you want to splash out I can highly recommend the techtonics tuning dual borla system for the VR6.

:salute:

Waaaay better than ANY of the exhausts mentioned so far for quality, flow and silencing.

I've had 2 SuperSprints over the years (on my MK2 and Rado) and for the money they are a rip off. Nice tones, but don't expect any power gains.

i did see that system and the tailpipe also put me off

Tart! :lol:

You can weld on a tip that's more to your tastes though.

Phoned the place for Magnex exhaust but they have none, she said the corrado ones flew off the shelfs before any others.....damn you corrado enthusiasts :lol:

Speaking to stealth, the chap agreed that miltek are a bit patchy, and not a consistent quality, the supersprint is going to be loads of money and i can't justify it.

so left with the Jetex or risk it with a miltek :scratch:

In hindsight as much as I would prefer the Magnex to my Miltek from a cosmetic viewpoint,quality-wise I've had no issues with my Miltek in 7 years/30+k miles