Kempy

My Satin Valver. issues :( water/electrics

Car went into the bodyshop on monday, I'll catch up with them next week.. see how its going..

I've bought some new wheels, which fit easily for once.

I really want air ride but cant afford that, would be awesome but I'll get a new set of good coilovers, whats a good set these days?

Car went into the bodyshop on monday, I'll catch up with them next week.. see how its going..

I've bought some new wheels, which fit easily for once.

I really want air ride but cant afford that, would be awesome but I'll get a new set of good coilovers, whats a good set these days?

What sort of ride do you want?

I'm assuming you'll drop the car low.

I've had FK Konigsports which ride really well and are nicely damped.

If you want go kart handling though go for Weitec's but they do ride firmer.

You'll need to have a play with the Konigsports though. They have adjustable dampening, but they need to be off the car to adjust! Mine are set a little firm for my liking, and I can't be arsed to remove them yet to adjust! KW V1-3 seem to be all the rage though.

low yea, on 16's. low with a reasonably comfortable ride. handling not so important as its a valver I cant be going that fast into corners lol

low yea, on 16's. low with a reasonably comfortable ride. handling not so important as its a valver I cant be going that fast into corners lol

You'd be suprised.

Once upto speed not much could shake my valver off on the twistys. Weitec's set pretty low (rear seriously stiff), dunlop rubber and a sub box acting like a balast/rear brace meant it handled superbly. I've not yet had a car that I could corner so fast in with that much confidence.

On FK Konigsports the ride is far better but handling's no where near as sharp.

If I were doing it again and the car wasn't a daily It'd be weitec's all the way.

went to check the progress on the work, it's practically finished:cheers:

Will need the door jams and inner sill bits done and touch ups etc it seems. Very happy. Hopefully have it back on the road very soon

Had the car back from the body shop now since Friday :cheers::cheers:

Starting to put it back together, had to try out the wheels to see how they looked but they need a proper polish

Coilovers next and get it through a MOT then I'm back in a corrado!!

Chuffed:cool:

DSC_0365.jpg

DSC_0366.jpg

DSC_0368.jpg

DSC_0370.jpg

DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg

DSC_0373.jpg

DSC_0378.jpg

DSC_0376.jpg

She's starting to look good now mate. Coming along nicely

Edited by Swompy

fitted the early door cards back today. I had put late ones on years ago but I want it more original inside. I had to repair the wiring for all the switches and solder the plugs back on all works nicely now.

next I need to make a list of stuff to do,

Indicators arent working for some reason, i'll sort it hopefully

You will need to get some updated pic's up it is something I will be doing over the winter with mine. Getting rid of all Leather and going back Fabric.

MOT failed yesterday, but it was on far less than I was expecting. should have it retested by the end of the week. Get it ready for stealth and maybe a Krispy Kreme meet.

needed new disks on the back, still has a damned fuel leek somewhere, needs a cv boot/joint maybe, washer jets are intermittent and blowing exhaust. all things I knew. no surprises! excellent.

Quality!!! considering how rigorous the mot is these day's good for you pal :thumbleft:

Bit frustrated at the moment as when I look at the car I think its great and even the engine bay looks really tidy. Sadly, this is just from the outside, its got weird electrical problems a knocking/rubbing/drone and runs pretty rough

I'll start with the electrical, ( I will probably just leave it at a Auto Electrician I know )

but

Randomly, the headlight switch now primes the fuel pump, ( must be to do with the headlight loom i just fitted)

The clocks aren't right, the speedo is 10-15 mph out.

The coolant temp isn't rising above 90, im sure its getting hotter than that

The oil temp doesn't show on MFA

The knocking I dont know where its coming from but I would say the front more than the rear. It gets faster as I accelerate, there's nothing loose as I pointed out this knocking to the garage that fitted the lambda and they couldn't find it. I can't see any trim or arches that are rubbing, its not hitting the suspension.

I'm mostly annoyed by this any idea what it could be sorry I cant be very specific?

Finally, the car doesn't like to warm start, I would say when its warm and running it started to idle around 1100 but when it was cool it was 1000.

I think that the last bits are what I need to sort first, but don't know where to start with them. I've just had a lambda fitted and thought that might put it right, will that take a while for it to 'settle' I've driven it for 20/30 mins in heavy traffic today but not really been on a good drive due to the knocking

:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

Thanks for reading my drivelings

Id take the head light loom out and see if that solves your fuel prime problem

Are your top mounts fully nipped up , if the cars been rebuilt and new parts used they might be settling in and need nipping up

Fyi my vr water temps dont ever get very high unless i go for a hard drive then stop and let it tick over at standstill , thats when it seems to get hotter , have you changes the bue coolant sensor ? Alot of people have problems that relate to that sensor

Id take the head light loom out and see if that solves your fuel prime problem

Are your top mounts fully nipped up , if the cars been rebuilt and new parts used they might be settling in and need nipping up

Fyi my vr water temps dont ever get very high unless i go for a hard drive then stop and let it tick over at standstill , thats when it seems to get hotter , have you changes the bue coolant sensor ? Alot of people have problems that relate to that sensor

I havent done anything with the suspension, it was new when I had its last MOT bout 6 years ago. I can can imagine something is loose but can think what.