Kempy

My Satin Valver. issues :( water/electrics

Right got a problem with my fuel pump, its still leaking from the end where the feed comes in from the accumulator. Just been browsing Etka and it shows 2 O rings, Ive been using copper washers. Now what will I get from VAG when I order the O rings? Rubber or copper, Im thinking I should get the feed if they are still availiable

pump.jpg

its waiting somebody with a mechanical brain :scratch:

07112010007.JPG

they can be copper, or soft alloy and sometimes have a rubber insert/edge on the inside, as long as it doesn't leak it'll be fine :)

all these washers/seals should strictly speaking be renewed when removed, but like sump plug washers, in reality they can be re-crushed and get away with it. Re-used mine when I did the KR fuel filter.

must be some other damage then, it's pretty high pressure compared to most fuel systems but the unions should only need nipping up to seal fine.

hmm, if your thinking of changing the pipe with the banjo bolt fitting, i dont think it will be cheap, i have ordered the bit of pipe from the fuel filter to the accumulator, well just ordered one that will cost me £37 its about the same length, other than tighten up the banjo bolt a bit more ? Not sure, i presume you have the washers in the right place. I could imagine it will be really annoying you!

hiya mate. Only just seen this was your post . I have this pipe but one thing i noticed when changing mine was that the nut bit on the pump turned when trying to undo it . Try it you never no

dont know actaully been too busy at work and have had to spend on the daily :(

might attempt to put my flocked dash in tomorrow, is there anything I cant replace at the same time? also if anyone knows of a tidy write up or walk-through that would be gggggggreat.

31102010001.JPG

was thinking about vinyl wrapping the centre console in carbon and the clock surround bit as it'll be pretty black in there with the dash and interior :shrug:

started the project up today, idled to, but still leaked petrol from the pump. I fitted new seals on either side of the banjo. very frustrated.

ah thats pants, did you take the fuel pipe of and rub down the bajo bolt with emery paper to take the rust of to make sure your washers are getting a proper seal? Well atleast you know its not your washers now

Getting kick out of my new unit. It must have been something I said :hitler:

front bumper has been painted now, theres no pics sorry, Ive not even seen it yet. I keep forgetting to ask for a 16v slam panel anyone got one. silver preferred

Went to check out the satin valver yesterday. Its been months unfortunately to find a nice camper sharing my unit but also something camping in the boot of the valver :nono:

bit smelly now dead. need to get the valver moved closer to home!! I should have the leaky fuel issue sorted next week as I picked up a whole unit off cazza a few weeks ago. Should hopefully fire up without any issue fingers crossed. I got a week of soon to get a bit of stuff done on the car

DSC_0658.jpg

DSC_0659.jpg

DSC_0661.jpg

Hi all

I've not updated my thread for ages, basically I've not done anything to it. But its very close to completion, more than I thought. Engine is running with no fuel leaks, It just has a little high idle which can be sorted easy. The overheating issues that were really bad are now sorted and Im really pleased. Gave a wash a drove it around a bit which hasnt happened in over a year, just need to sort out brakes and complete the front end, the see about MOT :cheers:

DSC_0933.JPG

DSC_0932.JPG

DSC_0929.JPG

DSC_0928.JPG

DSC_0927.JPG

DSC_0926.JPG

DSC_0925.JPG

It is good but its 15miles each way from home so I rarely get time to go :(

I know what you mean. Me and the missus are planning on buying a house in a couple years time as living in London is the pits. I told her my one stipulation is it MUST have a garage lol.

I dont have a garage but lucky to have relatives that have space in theres!