Kempy

My Satin Valver. issues :( water/electrics

I replaced a 9A inlet cam with a KR inlet cam and everything lined up fine. The cam sprockets will only go one one way as they are keyed. It might be worth checking the key-way isn't funked on the exhaust cam?

Can you get a piccie of where the exhaust cam sprocket timing mark is? I can't see it in that piccie you posted earlier..

looks like the sproket is on the wrong way, gonna sort that tonight

fitted a 4 2 1 branch exhuast manifold, that was really easy to fit once I binned the cat lol

06042010097.JPG

Fair play, that's fecking miles out. Your inlet cam looks to be about a tooth out too.

when i swapped the sprockets from my 9a cams i put the one on the exhaust the wrong way round :camp:

looking forward to starting the engine up soon, I was looking at better HT leads, are these any good or just for show? what else could I upgrade on a small ish budget??

rocker cover is on now for reals :D I hope to never have to see a cam again. Timing belt and tensioner is coming tomorrow, then I'll be almost ready to start up my KR/9a beasty lol

yea all sorted now, im gonna start puting money away for paint now. Im thinking simple Oem with this car I think with some sleeper attributes

This might be of interest, shamelessly pinched info from Club GTI, but I've tidied it up into a meaningful table for myself, and thanks to daves16v I've got a pair of ABF cams I'm planning to try out to compare to the KR set, I reckon the ABF pair should produce a fair bit more power.

cam-specs.jpg[/attachment:3mjrbe3x]

It looks like the ABF cams have 1 or 2 degrees of overlap when the inlet opens (inlet 1 deg BTDC and exhaust 1 deg ATDC)

Whereas the KR cams have no overlap (inlet opens 3 deg ATDC and exhaust closes 3 deg ATDC)

ABF inlet has longer duration, but slightly less duration on exhaust compared to KR

and of course the peak lift of both inlet and exhausts on ABF cams is more than the KR

sorry, just realised, last thing you want right now is to consider a cam swap :lol:

well it's a fairly straight forward job but i'll look into it at a later date, but you might as well fit kentcams or something like that though?

This might be of interest, shamelessly pinched info from Club GTI, but I've tidied it up into a meaningful table for myself, and thanks to daves16v I've got a pair of ABF cams I'm planning to try out to compare to the KR set, I reckon the ABF pair should produce a fair bit more power.

cam-specs.jpg[/attachment:1eyw26xq]

It looks like the ABF cams have 1 or 2 degrees of overlap when the inlet opens (inlet 1 deg BTDC and exhaust 1 deg ATDC)

Whereas the KR cams have no overlap (inlet opens 3 deg ATDC and exhaust closes 3 deg ATDC)

ABF inlet has longer duration, but slightly less duration on exhaust compared to KR

and of course the peak lift of both inlet and exhausts on ABF cams is more than the KR

sorry, just realised, last thing you want right now is to consider a cam swap :lol:

Be interested to hear the results of this, like many with a 2.0 16V I'm running a KR Inlet and 9A exhaust cam - Good luck!!

Ian.

cam-specs.jpg[/attachment:2i3uasf9]

Be interested to hear the results of this, like many with a 2.0 16V I'm running a KR Inlet and 9A exhaust cam - Good luck!!

Ian.

Ya would be good to know.

Ian, did you notice much difference when your KR cam was put on?

yea no probs... i'll have plenty of pics when its together, i've fitted the manifold, its went in lovely. I didnt know it had a decat to ftw :D

hello my cars coming together now but I have bits left lol whats this number 14, its not been fitted :confused4:

whatsthis.jpg

i think its a bracket for a sender of some sort, could even be a temp sender? :D

OK, Ive got all the belts timed now :mad2: , I cant tell from the pic where it goes, any ideas?

hello my cars coming together now but I have bits left lol whats this number 14, its not been fitted :confused4:

That's just a hook for lifting the engine on. don't worry about it.