Sign in to follow this  
Kempy

Why do people remove mirrors

jeeze.. too much hate in this thread.. get over it, you dont have to drive it or buy it.

you cant paint £4k extra into a price tag. If somebody buys its good for him :salute:

however I think the original mirror glass is about as much use as no mirrors at all, absolutely dangerously bad.

:confused4: What do you mean? Do you mean the water getting behind the glass issue you can have, or something else?

I mean the fact that they are so heavily magnified, I like to see whats arround me as well as behind me. The Corrado ones show about half of one lane at best. In good nick, they are still the worst mirrors I've ever experienced on any car costing any amount of money. When I come down a slip road, I can check the door mirrors and easily not see a massive articulated lorry or two, until I check over my shoulder. My Mk3 VR6 Golf was the same year as the Corrado and had very good mirrors. Bizarre.

Easily the worst feature of an otherwise fantastic car. Shame. :confused4:

The American blue tinted mirrors we did a Group buy on years ago, solves that problem perfectly!

Like you I had to crane my neck around when joining a motorway but since fitting the yank mirror glasses, I can join the carriageways like a 'normal' car :D

The American blue tinted mirrors we did a Group buy on years ago, solves that problem perfectly!

Like you I had to crane my neck around when joining a motorway but since fitting the yank mirror glasses, I can join the carriageways like a 'normal' car :D

Been meaning to get off my arse and order some of these, were they from DDI??

The DDI ones are great - a bit weird when you 1st fir them, but then you realise how bad the standard ones are.

The DDI ones are great - a bit weird when you 1st fir them, but then you realise how bad the standard ones are.

I don't know if I'd get on with them - I like the fact that things aren't closer than they appear!!! :lol: :lol:

Landrover ones are like that (convex) and with a trailer on the back I had a couple of 'moments' overtaking slow lorries convoying about with the RAF! :gag:

Doesn't anyone have a problem with the passenger side DDI mirror not being wide-angle? :scratch:

I don't know if I'd get on with them - I like the fact that things aren't closer than they appear!!! :lol: :lol:

Landrover ones are like that (convex) and with a trailer on the back I had a couple of 'moments' overtaking slow lorries convoying about with the RAF! :gag:

Doesn't anyone have a problem with the passenger side DDI mirror not being wide-angle? :scratch:

yes.. you cant see a thing out of it. but its fine, that ones only for cyclists :shock:

I have real trouble believing you join the motorway at slow lane speeds Kev. :) The problem is easily solved by ripping up the slip lane and making sure you have overtaken whatever was level with you. Pedal to metal as it were.

That pink rado is horrible, i've seen it in real life and the paint colour doesn't consistent, it looks darker in some places, almost red. In fact, it actually looks like a shiny faded red. It has a big spec and he's spent a lot of money, just not really in ways that rado owners appreciate.

And you need at least a driver's mirror for the MOT i think.

And you need at least a driver's mirror for the MOT i think.

you need 2 mirrors with rear view.. could be drivers and passangers or drivers and internal rear view..

The only thing I can work out with the mirror removal is that it just smoothes the car out in terms of the lines, flow, etc. I wouldn't do it myself as the means to avoid getting broadsided when joining a busy road appeals to me greatly - but I can at least understand why people do it.

The only thing I can work out with the mirror removal is that it just smoothes the car out in terms of the lines, flow, etc. I wouldn't do it myself as the means to avoid getting broadsided when joining a busy road appeals to me greatly - but I can at least understand why people do it.

And the Indicators ? I'm suprised no one has removed the windows and wheels too and just left with a smooth blob of metal!

Yes indeed, I bought a set of them but after about 25 hours of trying to separate the backing material from the mirror to reveal the sticky bit, without destroying the mirror itself, I got bored and sold them. Its a real shame because they were sooooo much better than the standard mirrors.

And the Indicators ? I'm suprised no one has removed the windows and wheels too and just left with a smooth blob of metal!

People do remove indicators, actually. And what'd be the point of removing the wheels - they're needed to, er, make it move.

I'm not saying I agree with the mirror removal, nor would I ever consider doing it - but I understand!

dunno but they can be wired up to the wiring I got already. I thought they were indicators?

they do, but peppy says they are running lights? can somebody give definative :wave: