robrado974

Robrado's rado she is staying

Sadly I've done nothing since. Poor old beasty is sat on the drive in bits . I have all the new parts but no time to fit them . It has crossed my mind weather to sell or break .

Yeah as cressa says Easy , me and Rog removed it from the subframe and used a strap to hold it up in the air.

Thanks guys, that'll be the way I do it then :) , ran into an issue there though, typically it was the last driveshaft bolt, and its rounded on the inside......not sure how I'm gonna solve it, ran out of daylight again, hoping I can get the irwins on it

Sadly I've done nothing since. Poor old beasty is sat on the drive in bits . I have all the new parts but no time to fit them . It has crossed my mind weather to sell or break .

I know it can be a bit demoralising mate, but your car is cracker. Just think how nice it'll be to have it sorted underneath and it'll be good for years to come......plus it's so much cooler than 99% of the rubbish on the roads these days

Thanks guys, that'll be the way I do it then :) , ran into an issue there though, typically it was the last driveshaft bolt, and its rounded on the inside......not sure how I'm gonna solve it, ran out of daylight again, hoping I can get the irwins on it

Bummer !, had the same with the wishbone bolt, sheared off inside the subframe. Yes it's a good car Easy, but I've got some nasty rust issues now , six years after a repaint . These will only deteriorate further and I have no funds to sort it .

Update . I can't believe it , I should have help next Saturday and I should make some head way on getting the old girl back together.

Good luck with it mate. The closest I've got to doing anything on mine is just starting it up for ten minutes. We all have slow progress

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bummer !, had the same with the wishbone bolt, sheared off inside the subframe. Yes it's a good car Easy, but I've got some nasty rust issues now , six years after a repaint . These will only deteriorate further and I have no funds to sort it .

Nice one rob... hope it's a bit warmer for you.... started mine today and charged battery but won't be having a play until it gets warmer.

Thanks chaps , I don't know how far we will get, I'm really concerned about the rear tyres ,they are taking a lot of weight , it's been at least 4/5 months, . Those tires have only done 200 miles , I hope they don't get flat spots .

Good luck with making some progress Rob, I've managed a total of about 8 hours on mine over the last 3 months, and I won't have the opportunity to do anything til easter now! I'll just have to console myself with buying stuff online instead! Lol.

Thanks Sean. At least you should have all the bits by then . I know how you feel, your to busy at work , it's dark and raining on any time off .we will get there in the end .I want to be at volksfest this year .

Edited by robrado974

Fired the old girl up today . New oil and coolant in . I removed the king lead and turned her over a few times to get the oil pressure up . Connected the lead and she fired first time . I will get the pics up of the new underside pics soon . The only problem I have is a noisy power steering pump . I've bled it and topped it up , but it still sounds awful.

Have you changed the fluid in the power steering pump ? Mine sounded terrible for a long time... it eventually went quite...

I lost a lot of it , when I removed the pipes Delfinis . The last time I did work in this area the pump was noisy and like you say they quieten down . I will have another look tomorrow weather depending.

Thanks Hasan . I need to take some more pics when it's a bit brighter. Phone pics look crap in this horrible weather.

Its about time i updated my thread . i will be sorting out the tap talk so i can upload pics soon , as someone said photobucket want money now , to host pics ?. I need to put up the pics of the underside refurb .I managed to sort out the steering pump noise so all good there . The car was dropped off today at Resto shack today , to have the rust treated and painted . I have rust on the top of the roof right above the screen , both rear quarter windows and the rear screen , also spidering on the rear bumper . Im preying the front screen will come out without any breakages .If I'm honest i really didnt want to spend any dough on the car at this point in time , but i cannot let it go untreated , the shell will rot otherwise , its not like i have a few bubbles of rust on the wings , it is serious work that needs to be done and I'm too far in to this car money wise to let it go . I hope to upload some pics soon , Resto shack will have their own on their FB page im sure .

Edited by robrado974

Its about time i updated my thread . i will be sorting out the tap talk so i can upload pics soon , as someone said photobucket want money now , to host pics ?. I need to put up the pics of the underside refurb .I managed to sort out the steering pump noise so all good there . The car was dropped off today at Resto shack today , to have the rust treated and painted . I have rust on the top of the roof right above the screen , both rear quarter windows and the rear screen , also spidering on the rear bumper . Im preying the front screen will come out without any breakages .If I'm honest i really didnt want to spend any dough on the car at this point in time , but i cannot let it go untreated , the shell will rot otherwise , its not like i have a few bubbles of rust on the wings , it is serious work that needs to be done and I'm too far in to this car money wise to let it go . I hope to upload some pics soon , Resto shack will have their own on their FB page im sure .

I had mine done earlier in the year Rob, round the windscreen, it's a job that has to be done, feels like it's throwing money away but these car's are getting old

I know what you mean Spen . You can except stone chips n stuff , but not the sort of damage the rust worm causes, it has to be addressed. At least I know the pillars will be fine as they were replaced 7 years ago .

Fingers crossed for you Rob. Hopefully your screen comes out without a problem. Mine did - Unfortunately as I was hoping for a replacement! but so long as the fitter/remover knows what they're doing it should come out without a problem. Shame you've got to re-address the same areas a few years later, but hopefully that should be it in your ownership mate.

I've been following your car on facebook at Resto shack Rob, I absolutely love the work they do there! I'm a good 180 mile away from them but that might not stop me sending my car there next year.

I must say, your car is going to be one fine example when you get it back! The icing on the cake with all work you've put in.

Cracking colour aswell might i add

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much . I can't wait till next Saturday!. Yes apart from a few minor niggles she will be mint really . The work had to be done , otherwise another year and I would face breaking it . I've put too much time and dough in to her to let her go now . Here's to ten years of ownership.

Thank you very much . I can't wait till next Saturday!. Yes apart from a few minor niggles she will be mint really . The work had to be done , otherwise another year and I would face breaking it . I've put too much time and dough in to her to let her go now . Here's to ten years of ownership.

I bet you can't! I'd be like a dog with two d**ks! Lol

You've definitely done the right thing mate.

Have you had the whole car sprayed?

No . I will put up the pics when I've sorted this Tapatalk thing ( technofobe ) lol . I've had the roof lip where the screen sits cut out . Both rear quarter windows have had rust cut out . On the rear of the sill on the drivers side the paint had cracked so that's been sorted . I had rust by the rear window wiper and half way up on the tailgate. The bumper had spidering in the paint , so that's been done too . Most of the car has been flatted back ( is flatted a word ?) . Then re lacquered . All other panels have been treated to a full scale polish and wax .