jazzdevil

The all-purpose F1 thread...

Well, that was not a very exciting race and as for Ferrari again - is it really any wonder Massa lost some momentom, I would have felt a dammed sight worse than that.

I turned off as soon as the race finished - pretty disgusted.

I've been a Ferrari fan (team as opposed to drivers) since I was a mite, but this left me just as cold as the Schumi/Rubens 'incident' at Hungary in '02... bottom line is Massa got the better start and held it. Alonso, while fast, wasn't fast enough to pass.

Most accurate summation I read was a re-tweeted note over at sniffpetrol: "congrats on another great 2-1 by Ferrari" :?

I dont believe this - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 852918.stm

What a load of ****! They should have had a 25 second penalty or something not a damn fine!!!

Ok Ferrari didnt actually say the words "Let Alonso pass" BUT it was obvious to everyone that the message Rob Smedley gave Massa was instructing him to let Alonso pass, he even said "Sorry" to Massa after giving him the message.

:bad-words:

The good news - Lewis still leads the Championship :D with Button in second.

Well I had Alonso in the pub sweep. Did two things, made a clown of myself shouting at the telly and felt so embarrased at winning I put the money in the charity box. The whole affair was utter sh**e

After the "incident" there was a TV replay when they had the gear/revs graphics on the screen - As Massa accelerated away he was only pulling 14/15k revs until Alonso was past and then suddenly he could hit 18k again - How strange?

Ian :cuckoo:

Yeah you could hear that without the graphics. He was only using part throttle.

Though the Ferrari team say Massa let Alonso passed on his own accord after hearing he was faster then him. Funny how he looked so annoyed after the race and the apology from Rob Smedley.

The incident has been reported to the FIA, i hope they hand out some punishment.

the punishment was £100,000 fine i think

what aload of rubbish, whats the point watchin if there guna fix the winner

and if i was alonso i would feel like a proper dick, yeah i won because my team mate felt sorry for me haha losser

but as long as vettel dosnt win im happy haha

Ok putting the Alonso Massa incident aside, i think well done to Ferrari for getting their act together finally, shame it didnt rain, would've made it a damn sight interesting. Im glad Vettel didnt win!

If it was "Team Orders" which are against the rules why not disqualify the two drivers from the race and no points. If you offered each team the chance of securing a one two finish for the pittance of 100k Euros every team would bite your hand off. FIA get a grip or just acknowledge it is a team sport and let the teams do what they like. This halfway house is rubbish.

100k euros?

That will sting Ferrari a lot. What a farce.

I had to turn it off after Massa let Alonso through... Was the first time i have ever agreed with Eddie Jordan, its nothing short of theft! and you could see the anger in Masa during that interview. What a crock of sh*t :censored:

if i was alonso i would feel like a proper dick, yeah i won because my team mate felt sorry for me haha losser

I felt sorry for both of them tbh. Alonso for scoring a hollow victory at his team mate's expense and Massa for being denied a deserved win.

Ferrari always get away with their underhanded tactics. Clearly some corruption at the top, as per usual. Must be some Mafia connections :lol:

but as long as vettel dosnt win im happy haha

I couldn't see the need to push Alonso into the wall like that off the start, but when the adrenalin's pumping, I guess they do some stupid things. Or maybe he was just trying to be like Senna and please the crowd, rather than just getting on with the job in hand?

Was interesting on Top Gear seeing Senna drive right into another driver at turn one to secure the championship. Schumacher was rightly criticised for doing the same thing, but Senna isn't tarred with the same brush.

Those older cars were monsters and those guys were REAL drivers!

Back in the old days, if one team mate was faster then the other but behind the slower car, they would... you know... race each other and the faster car would sometimes prevail, and sometimes it wouldn't. But at least it was racing. The drivers had a great time fighting it out, nobody whinged about it, and the fans got a tremendous spectacle.

A lot has already been written in the press about Ferrari's previous form when it comes to this kind of thing. Personally I'm just astonished that they decided to be so completely blatant about it given the obvious consequences, but it's hard to interpret the action as an attempt to challenge the rule book and to challenge the FIA in order to enforce a rule change.

It will be interesting to see if the FIA Council decides to impose further sanctions against Ferrari to add to the fine already imposed by the race officials. As things stand the current $100k fine is small change. Only a loss of team points will hurt them.

Ferrari have been caught (yet again) manipulating the results of a race and ruining the spectacle which the punters, TV companies and sponsors have paid a lot of money to see. When one considers how easily Ferrari throw thier lawyers on almost every instance where another team even sails close to a rule infraction, it will be interesting to see what stance the FIA council - now led by Jean Todt - will take on this issue.

you have to wonder if they meant Rob Smedley to be quite as blatant about it and whether he got a ticking off for being so..

you have to wonder if they meant Rob Smedley to be quite as blatant about it and whether he got a ticking off for being so..

at a guess, no and yes :ignore:

:lol:

I have no sympathy for Alonso. He's always throwing his toys out of the pram when things aren't going his way. Granted Massa isn't the best driver out there (the cynics among you might say he only got into the team as he is managed by Jean Todt's son) but if Alonso can't get past on his own, tough luck. It may be hard to overtake your teammate now due to diffusers and the like but lots of other teams have managed it. Its part of racing, Alonso needs to use his skill to pass and not go crying to daddy.

ironically i had him in my fantasy f1 team up until this weekend, when he goes and scores a crudload of points :lol:

ironically i had him in my fantasy f1 team up until this weekend, when he goes and scores a crudload of points :lol:

I kept him in my fantasy league team and feel filthy for it :pale:

so whos your money on for getting given the win this weekend, maybe the drivers have a big hat with all the numbers on then take a number to see who wins :D :lol: :lol:

Well if you look at the lap times for the frist 3 practice sessions Webber is miles quicker than anyone else.

Unfortunatly Hamilton and Button are quite far behind. After practice 3 Hamilton was 1.8 seconds behind Webber :shock:

vettel or alonson.

wouldn't like to call past that. :)

I heart woild like Massa to win.Did I just say that ?? lol.

i agree with massa winning it would be good, and if alonso gets in front maybe he should repay the faver haha that aint ever guna happen

and well i hope somebody does a senna on vettel and wipes him out on the first corner hes such a dirrty racer i aint got no respect for him, when somebody takes out there team mate what a dick, and then when he was pushin hamilton over in the pits which was just the most stupid thing ive seen all season if there had been machanics in the pit they could off been well injured fu6k him, he aint that good hes just got a better car than any1 including his team mate who has to give parts and still beats him :lol: and he should be top of the drivers championship but he aint :lol:

vettel or alonson.

wouldn't like to call past that. :)

I heart woild like Massa to win.Did I just say that ?? lol.

i agree with massa winning it would be good, and if alonso gets in front maybe he should repay the faver haha that aint ever guna happen

and well i hope somebody does a senna on vettel and wipes him out on the first corner hes such a dirrty racer i aint got no respect for him, when somebody takes out there team mate what a dick, and then when he was pushin hamilton over in the pits which was just the most stupid thing ive seen all season if there had been machanics in the pit they could off been well injured fu6k him, he aint that good hes just got a better car than any1 including his team mate who has to give parts and still beats him :lol: and he should be top of the drivers championship but he aint :lol:

Anyone would think you didnt like him (Vettel) :lol: