jazzdevil

The all-purpose F1 thread...

It would be intriguing to see what would happen if it turns into a Ferrari 1-2 with Massa in front. Would they? Wouldn't they?

Anyone would think you didnt like him (Vettel) :lol:

:lol: :lol: he aint my fav :lol: and hes on pole :gag: :lol:

DudeVR6, seeing as you build front wings, what do you think of the whole flexible wing that Red Bull and Ferrari (to a lesser extent) have? Illegal or just very cunning sidestepping of the rules? Is it something you guys are working on, maybe for next year? Or is it just too much effort with the lack of testing?

Well, I reckon we should put Schumaker and Alonso in the same team - then we would have some real fighting.

Schumaker today was the complete F................... That I have always thought.

I actually stopped breathing on the first take of his performance of trying to put Barrichello in the wall.

That was one lucky break for Barrichello - that wall finishing when it did.

I did have some sympathy for Vettel, although great to see Webber on the podium and leading in the Championship.

If we can't have Button winning the Championship this year, then Webber for me.

Interested to hear the comments on the Front wing too................

I really do not like Eddie Jordan in Pink Shirts - they just do not suit his character. :lol:

New Cameraman today as well, I think - he certainly was filming as many of the dear Pit Babes as possible- sigh !!!!!!

Im gutted for Hamilton retiring.

I'd rather see Webber above in the Championship than Vettel, the frustration of having a slow car must be getting to Shuey that was one stupid move but makes it more fun to watch.

Button should've tried to overtake more, he was beaten by Delarosa for god sake.

I think at the Silverstone race one kid asked Eddie Jordan where he buys his clothes from!

Next race should be good, hopefully.

Todays race was a strange one.....I think Vettels worth took a beating today, terrible mistake to make behind the safety car and really didnt push enough once Webber was out front.

Webber was very strong, at one point when Webber missed the pit stop during safety car it all looked over for him, then out of nowhere change of strategy and he wins - well done, I like Webber 8) ......if any redbull wins it this season I want it to be him !!

What is Schuey up to, his move today on rubbens was terrible and his comments after were worse.....I really hoped he was going to be in it this year but he has really disappointed.

Shame the Maclarens were so poor as well.

Roll on the next one, the championship is anyones at mid season :clap:

Mclaren would of prob got a 4th without the faulty gearbox.They have been slow to realize where redbull have managed to get all their downforce from.They have been playing catchup all year.Blown diffusers and flexi front wings etc.Redbull are almost harking back to the ground effect days with that front wing flexi like that.Clever.If it passes the tests it legal.Thats what F1 is about.

yes Odd race vettel did somewhat drop the ball.

He was to busy throwing his toys out the pram over the drive through penalty.

yeah, i'm beginning to decide that i want webber to win this year. of all of them this might be his last chance..

Couldn't believe the Schumacher incident... has the guy just lost the plot or what? Ridiculous... absolutely ridiculous..

The man needs to leave F1 before he kills someone. Look at where the shadow of Barrichello's wheel is against the pitwall (pic 3) for a measure of how close that came to being a massive accident.

DudeVR6, seeing as you build front wings, what do you think of the whole flexible wing that Red Bull and Ferrari (to a lesser extent) have? Illegal or just very cunning sidestepping of the rules? Is it something you guys are working on, maybe for next year? Or is it just too much effort with the lack of testing?

Well I think it's a very clever use of the rules. The front wing is tested by all the teams R&D departments to what the FIA say, which is 500 Nm of load, as long as it doesn't defleck more that 10 mm then it passes. Now any higher load then the wing bends to give you a ground effect front wing, giving you more front down force.

And yes we are on the development stage, with our own front flexible wing, but not to sure when they are looking at running it. I do know that there is a big up grade for Singapore, so maybe then.

Red Bull are at least a season in front of everyone else in terms of aero development. Adrian Nuey (sp?!) needs to be shot for being too bloody clever!

Schumacher is an absolute dick. He chose to defend his honour.... but ended up looking like nothing more than a bitter old man.

Oh... and Vettel has a lot of growing up to do yet.... he's very much like Hamilton used to be.

Interesting race, just finished watching it today as I was busy all yesterday.

That crash in the pitlane could have been so much worse... I've seen it coming for a few seasons now, as all the cars rush into the pits everytime there's a safety car. The fact that it happened at the same time as the flying wheel may be coincidence, or it may be that the Renault lollipop man was distracted by that and released Kubica into Sutil's path.

Either way, very lucky that not a single person was injured, as there could have been many injuries as a result.

F1 is dangerous enough already, as the incident(s) above show... it doesn't need to be made anymore dangerous by people like Michael Schumacher forcing another car against the pitwall at the best part of 300 km/h... that was downright stupid and reckless. I'm not an FIA steward, but if I was, I'd seriously consider making an example out of him in order to stop anything like that happen again cos that could have been a really nasty accident.

It's good to see Webber doing well, "not bad for a number 2 driver" :lol:

He seems such a decent guy does Webber and he's had more than his fair share of bad luck and hard times. If it can't be a British driver to win the championship, then I'm rooting for the Aussie.

Sebastian Vettel must think we were all born yesterday. He might not have thought he'd get punished, but as soon as he was told he was he was under investigation by the stewards he must have known exactly why.

Mclaren would of prob got a 4th without the faulty gearbox.They have been slow to realize where redbull have managed to get all their downforce from.They have been playing catchup all year.Blown diffusers and flexi front wings etc.Redbull are almost harking back to the ground effect days with that front wing flexi like that.Clever.If it passes the tests it legal.Thats what F1 is about.

That is exactly why Brawn were so great early on last year, they interpreted the rules differently, exploited them slightly perhaps, but designed something the FIA deemed legal, whilst everyone else was complaining saying it wasn't fair and having to catch up.

McLaren had the F-duct, which again was an interpretation of "no moving parts (other than the drivers knee)" but after the other teams played catch up and we saw Ferrari drivers going round corners one-handed with the other hand blocking that air hole the FIA banned them from next year.

The year on the whole Red Bull have been more than one step ahead, and the others still aren't playing catch up. All credit to Adrian Newey and the rest of the design team.

Frankly there's nearly always one team which has a piece of tech which gives them an advantage which the other teams then get all hissy about. This is not even the first time we've seen a performance advantage of the size which the Red Bull cars seem to have currently.

We can all think of examples of these innovations. Some ideas are copied relatively easily (eg ground effect was rapidly copied and the Lotus design was soon excelled by Williams), but what's troubling the teams is that it's clear that first Adrian Newey's design is not something that can be bolted on - the whole car needs to be designed around it - but also that it contains a number of technical challenges with the materials that will may take a long time to solve (and which Red Bull have already solved).

The other teams are right to be worried of where Red Bull are with thier car right now. Adrian Newey is arguably the most innovative designer of his generation, and everyone is now having to play catch up with Newey, which really is a formidable prospect.

A few years ago the other teams mocked Red Bull for signing a contract with Newey for $10m a year, which is more than most of the drivers get. I suspect Red Bull are regarding that as a good decision right now.

F1 is dangerous a sport & Michael Schumacher competing makes it even more exciting :clap: He did push the limits a bit yesterday but didn't cause an accident :salute:

Oh... and Vettel has a lot of growing up to do yet.... he's very much like Hamilton used to be.

I slightly feel sorry for the newbies and rising stars. They've just come out of Formula 3, or whatever, eager to race these cars and make names for themselves, but are immediately slapped back down to earth with the F1 bullschitt & politics bat.

But on the flipside, their excessive testosterone levels and inflated egos need 'normalising' so that they don't destroy too many cars :lol: Plus they are multi-millionaires in the public eye and need to behave as such. It's the life they've chosen.

I do wish it would all get back to how it was. I don't buy this whole winglets and other such aero aids making massive differences.

IMO it's all part of the bigger picture of F1 corruption. Some engines make more power than others, a lot more, even though they're all supposed to be limited to 18,000rpm and have exactly the same 2400cc capacity. It's the usual rule book bending. If Ferrari can get away with adding 40 more hp within the rules under "Engine reliability updates", god knows what the other teams get up to.

40 more hp is what it takes to overtake on the straights, not some little bit of plastic that bends in the wind.... I just don't buy it.

And Schumacher..... LOL.... what he did was no worse than Vettel trying to force Massa into the wall, and no different to what Senna used to do, but Senna is regarded as a legend. Go figure. When Schuamcher dies he will also be immediately upgraded to Hero status. It is a stupid world we live in!

And Schumacher..... LOL.... what he did was no worse than Vettel trying to force Massa into the wall, and no different to what Senna used to do, but Senna is regarded as a legend. Go figure. When Schuamcher dies he will also be immediately upgraded to Hero status. It is a stupid world we live in!

.....I think what Schuemacher did was pretty poor driving but I totally agree that many drivers have done similar for years and dont get the flack he does......Senna is the perfect example of this and he actually admitted to it :scratch: maybe thats why people hate him so much then as Scheumacher tries to cover it up !!

I still think though that despite this season so far, he is an increadible driver and in his hayday one of the best of all time - some of his pole's were unbelievable laps, and his drives through the fields were amazing at times !!

my fave driver strikes again :D whens he guna learn to drive :lol:

but its a good race up to now

Yup was a good race suprising what a little bit of water can do :grin:

Well done Hamilton, Webber & Kubica!

Brilliant race. I love the Spa GP.

Excellent drive, edge of the seat stuff through out the whole race. Bad luck for Jenson though. Otherwise i think it would have been a Mclaren 1-2.

I was laughing at Vettel. The number of mistakes he made was unbelievable, certainly not WDC material. Im glad Webber has extended the gap to Vettel.

Roll on Monza! :D

I was laughing at Vettel. The number of mistakes he made was unbelievable, certainly not WDC material. Im glad Webber has extended the gap to Vettel.

he wasn't the only one either... Alonso made it unnecessarily bloody difficult for himself too - it looked like a Formula Ford event for at least half of today's event!

I forgot the thread on here,

Back to the Schu/Baz incident, i personally can't believe how blown out of proportion it has been - he caused no crash, didnt touch him, if anyone knows where the line of touching him is, i'd personally say Schumacher does. Barrichello could have backed out of the move when he saw MS move over, but he didn't. As bad/worse things are done all the time, but nobody likes the man who handed their arses on plates to them.

Really good race today, Spa is the coolest ciruit by far. Vettel does seem to be causing accidents often though and has completely fucked his and Buttons title chances. Better from schumacher, 21st>7th not bad! I can't wait to see him on the podium.

mistakes think he thinks its a demolition derby :D

have to admitt it was a good race

i was sayin to a friend a couple of months ago, about if the race stuards had control of the sprinkler systems when the race gets boring they could wet the track just to liven it up abit :lol: