swiftkid

Swiftkids Corrado VR32

Also my old brock b2's are for sale if anyone is interested, will try get an add up but just chucked them for sale on Facebook for now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So I decided to treat myself the other day and bought a 3d printer... Got loads of projects to get going on but this is something I've been playing with for a while. It's only first print and I'm still setting up printer so loads of improvements but it's a start. Looking forward to designing some goodies! a31831e4b20bd3d36ac3135cec423cd4.jpg6fc9fa3e47191577be44ef53244bf4a7.jpg

If you printed those you could be minted before you know it....

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

It wasn't a great fit first time so I've got some slight tweeks to make but overall its not bad. It's not an expensive printer so the quality isn't perfect but good enough to test. Once I'm happy I'll just upload the file somewhere and people can just print their own.

I've got another project I'll be printing soon, I'm very excited about that!

Nice work, luckily the resolution doesn't matter too much on the heater control cogs - be worth looking at the heater box linkage ends too as they wear due to the gunk that accumulates in there.

So this is version 1, a whole lot of improvements and black filament needed but it's a start. It's a lot bigger than I expected (ooh matron) so back to the drawing board.

I know there is a guy making these to a much higher quality than I will ever be able to make so I don't intend to offer these for sale and to be honest I'll probably end up buying one myself but I had this already designed a few years back so interested to see how this turns out.

bd779a0e2c961388c40731e84134ee09.jpg

14f2324ac783f9d1531c6a04bd5c4915.jpg

507acb7eb3c0b78534b18bc35333745c.jpg

Edited by swiftkid

Have a look at renewart if you are after them, they look really good quality stuff

I keep trying to find time to work on it but things just keep popping up, so for now the collection of parts just keeps growing as well as the dust on top.

Managed to get another billy bargain the other day though, Passat B4 in my local-ish scrappy, someone had already pilferred all the door handles, not that I need them as I have A3 handles but it did have a full teves20 system. After 2-3 hours of blood, sweat, swearing & very nearly tears I got the lot out. £35 including the centre sun visor, yes thanks.

Just need to get some lights up in my garage and some spare time and hopefully things will start moving.

Another part into the parts box, grabbed a German eBay bargain which turned into a bargain but slightly less after 20euro postage and a tenner for international payment fee.

Just need to get a loom sorted somehow and sort wiring, can't live without cruise control these days. Also, mk3 golf's have a slightly different hazard light so that had to be swapped over.

Can't wait to get cracking on this over winter, can't wait to drive it again! 095f9a6460bec5968aa0136cf12391b4.jpg

So hopefully this will see the road again this year, hoping to have it as my wedding car but having some trouble with mot. Mot tester whining about Vin number underneath the scuttle cover, wheels a bit wide etc. Booked back in tomorrow so fingers crossed it will get a pass tomorrow, in the mean time I cleaned it!

My collection of parts to fit is just a bit ridiculous now, hopefully get round to working on it soon

6e9bc6c9a5647a8ee87488e110af3293.jpg9f6825ad16836172a262c8734e07e55c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nice dace

Shame about the mot

Whats wrong with the vin ??

If you need to borrow a set of wheels to get it through mot you can come take mine if it gets you a pass

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Just take it somewhere else.

MOT testers are a funny bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think it will be the wheels mate...you got a fair bit

Of poke 😁, swap over to stock rims if you can for the test

Have you got a spare set of wheels matt? That would b really useful if he still has a hissy fit.

Yea, I paid for the test online and looks like I have to jump through hoops to get my money back so they have 1 more chance.

Had a right sod of a night replacing the abs sensor, what makes matters worse is that I will be ripping it out again soon to fit teves20

I have a few sets of wheels but sadly none with legal tyres.

Only wheels i have are the super ts on the car but you can take swap them over to get a pass then pop back to change them again mate

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

So went in for test on Tuesday after explaining the vin number can be found in the boot, one to remember for next MOT.

Failed on emissions and a ball joint, ball joint was an easy one but emissions I'm still struggling with, high CO and HC readings as per last test. Having done a bit of research I am still eligible for 3.5% rule so it's back in on Saturday to hopefully get it passed but I still don't know why emissions are so high.

If the emissions are out it'll be a sensor somewhere no doubt... or the catalyst is gone?

Nothing coming up on vagcom, lambdas both giving similar readings although if they are good readings I don't know. Cat is a sports cat but was fine with the vr6 engine

If the lambda reads good (should fluctuate from about 0.9 to 1.1 iirc) but the emissions don't maybe the exhaust is blowing?

Edited by dr_mat

So went in for test on Tuesday after explaining the vin number can be found in the boot, one to remember for next MOT.

Did I read they are clamping down on the VIN number, if its not in the original place they will have a problem with it ?

Edited by rado20vT

The VIN number could always be found in the boot!