C488ADO

That Rado..............

thank you to rob for coming and getting the old interior bits and pieces today and thank you to matt for helping t=with the dash etc

what a bloody day not really a good idea to strip the dash out on a late sunday afternoon.... done it though and got some of it back in!

i hate looking at this its just where the hell do i start now.... lol

DSC00836.jpg

DSC00835.jpg

removing the p.c

DSC00837.jpg

bllocks lets take the dash out ...............what a good idea that was..

DSC00838.jpg

rob are you scared yet! hahah

DSC00839.jpg

DSC00840.jpg

i had to pick the missus up so i chucked the seats in and off i went..

DSC00841.jpg

got the black dash in now so itl look better when finally converted all to beige

DSC00842.jpg

quick piccy of the seats before any cleaning commences..

DSC00844.jpg

also got the b and c pillars in so the headlining etc all finished and looks very good...

DSC00845.jpg

seats look sweet mate nice one i dumped all the stuff in the car ,and on it and at the back of it could not be arsed to drag it up to shed!! cant wait to fit the interior dont forget that geezers number for me .be nice to see urs when finished mate :)

cheers guys yes they are the same as what i had before ..... but in beige...i always wanted the beige but they were either tooo much money or they never turned up , ive gone back to the recaros only becasue they are a more desirable seat , they are certinaly not as comfortable as the porsche recaros......

anyway ive got my kit to dye the leather and plastcis yesterday so today i thought id tackle a little bit1 as it happens i love doing it and its turning out absolutly amazing!!!

i thought id try my luck with the gear stick centre console bottom layer as it was quite grubby and i needed to practice on plastic first rather then staright into the leather.....

you will have to excuse the pics as they dont pic up just how dirty the plastics are even after the wash ive given them....

you might just see faintly top left of the plastic its a bit dark well it is and in the flesh a bit grubby looks tierd...

just stripped the black material off that stops the squeaks and the foam.

DSC00903.jpg

cleaned with leather prep, yes leather prep

DSC00904.jpg

cleaned with alcohol solution

DSC00908.jpg

painted leather finish high gloss

DSC00909.jpg

lol painted leather finish satin effect scratch resistant

DSC00911.jpg

DSC00912.jpg

as you can see (well maybe ) lol it looks fresher but theres not much telling between the pics not sure if its the light etc

to say im pleased with the result is an understaement....

i am attempting the centre arm rest next..............

DSC00913.jpg

DSC00914.jpg

i still have bits of the black fabric i took off but i would like to try and source a similar material so i can re trim the edges to reduce the squeeking...

i have some spray glue and some carpet tape im sure something can be made up...

il try and post up as and when

cheers

prepped the arm rest and then did the same process with the leather as i did with the plastics,its turned out very well but...............................

the colour is different!! lol not bad really in the flesh it is the same colour but its just a lot fresher obviously looks new and clean the only problem is it really shows how tierd the rest of the interior is so i kinda expected it realy im going to go the whole hog and do the rest.... bit of a mission i know but i have a week off next week and il give it a shot to complete it then!! fingers crossed....

DSC00915.jpg

DSC00916.jpg

DSC00917.jpg

DSC00918.jpg

DSC00919.jpg

DSC00920.jpg

DSC00921.jpg

DSC00922.jpg

DSC00923.jpg

DSC00924.jpg

bit gutted about this only becasue it means ive actually got to pull my finger out and get it sorted sooner rather than laer...

DSC00925.jpg

this is comin on realy well mate have to say im a bit green with envy!.just lookin at mine gives me the ump.interior has come up sweet as, looks wicked you must be well pleased,cant wait to get mine runnin sunday :clap:

cheers rob!!

lol so are you staying grey going black or do you fancy beige??? lol

got the compressor this evening and wow what a difference... so much quicker.

got some more plastics done this evening

DSC00927.jpg

and this is for the possible non belivers... lol

here we have my original GREY auto gear shift surround

DSC00928.jpg

prepped and masked up

DSC00929.jpg

first coat of colour as a base coat

DSC00930.jpg

first spray coat

DSC00931.jpg

finished article..

DSC00932.jpg

old beige surround just bought verses new colour changed one.

DSC00935.jpg

so there you have it possibvle to change any colour to any colour and in the flesh it looks just like new and extremly good...

I really am getting cold feet about selling the Corrado.. Have now had the replacement car for 3 weeks and haven't even organised the MOT for the Rado yet... And then I see threads like this.... Look in my garage and see the sweet black leather interior and come over all warm and fuzzy...

I should have kept those bloody porsche seats, brought your centre console (think it was yours??) and just got stuck in...

A life without the Rado beckons and it aint looking good...

lol i know what you mean ive come so so close to letting ths car go but they seem to have an effect on the owners they love to hate them but miss them when they go.... so why sell?

you got a tvr now matey!!

lol i know what you mean ive come so so close to letting ths car go but they seem to have an effect on the owners they love to hate them but miss them when they go.... so why sell?

you got a tvr now matey!!

Yep.. The TVR really is awesome to drive and the sound is (dare I say) even better than the VR6.. But... I want the, both!!! Now stamping my feet like an eight year old!

The cost of having both is quite high though.... TVRs aint exactly reliable and the C is getting on a bit now bless her...

Amazing effect. Can You tell me what products have You been using ?? and where can I get them ??

yea sure matey everything i have used so far has come from the

furniture clinic they sell different kits or single items i have only purchased the 'middle' kit £55 plus £5 postage and they say that will do a pair of front seats ............ i wanted to practise a bit first and im pretty confident that i wll get all of the plastics in the car done and maybe the smaller of the rear seats i am ordering some more on monday as i have some time this week to hopefully finish this lot off!!

give them a call they are uber helpful and very reasonably priced and the kits contain just about everything you need!!

i woudl urge though if you can get your hands on a compressor do it as it is so much better than the propellant

well started on some more interior plastics this morning took out all of the boot plastics i have prepped them and sprayed them all i need to do is put the satin top coat on then they are finished....

i took a chance and ripped out the passenger side recaro seat today and thought bugger it im gonna go for it and see what happens.... , now they look ok dont get me wrong they are clean is not tatty but the leather is good,

they have the useual bolster problems....

P1050121.jpg

P1050123.jpg

P1050124.jpg

P1050122.jpg

you can see hte ground in dirt you just cant get it out......

also in the above pics on the bolsters you can see the PAINT cracking i always used to think that this was the leather cracking and therefore shagged and need a re-trim, read on....................

P1050104.jpg

P1050106.jpg

P1050110.jpg

P1050097.jpg

P1050099.jpg

you will have to excuse some of the pics as i wanted to try and picture it in natural light no flash the flash just makes everything look white!! you might be able to see on the varying photographs the different stages of the leather being prepped, you will notice that the cracks have almost dissappeard and the leather looking a lot lighter, thats because when you prep it it takes all of the shit off the leather revealing the colour uinderneath, even after the prep they looked good, in some areas i took all the paint off (by accident ) but it doesnt matter, on the upper part of the seat bolsters on the left hand side the leather had cracked just a small crack about 5mm long i used the repair filler and now its gone totally!!!

i cannot stress enough how good this stuff is to use i really cant and easy wow ,so easy............

P1050100.jpg

P1050104.jpg

P1050109.jpg

P1050108.jpg

P1050111.jpg

anyway the pics dont do it justice and it looks something like this....................

P1050117.jpg

P1050118.jpg

P1050119.jpg

P1050120.jpg

P1050116.jpg

P1050129.jpg

P1050127.jpg

P1050134.jpg

P1050133.jpg

P1050135.jpg

P1050136.jpg

even the back after cleaning is still grubby so i did the back as well!

before

P1050140.jpg

il stick the after ones up when i find the lead!!

ok back to my camcorder pics i prefer them to the camera we normally use....

DSC00937.jpg

DSC00938.jpg

DSC00939.jpg

DSC00942.jpg

DSC00943.jpg

DSC00945.jpg

DSC00946.jpg

DSC00947.jpg

DSC00949.jpg

balls i forgot to take a pic of the back but anyway you know what im getting at.....

ive orderd some more colourant and finishes i havent airbrushed for years and years got me right back in the mood today i might even try and do something with my swg scuttle panel.......

i know can you believe it in the flesh they look so so good the drivers seat is in worse condition but hopefully i can bring it back to life!,, i will never look at worn leather seats in the same way again!!