C488ADO

That Rado..............

it didnt not really bens just full of piss and wind lol

he fusses about a bit .............................like rob!!! lmao

yea i know i expected to see matt too!! lol

Nah mate, I was busy making the list of jobs/mods for you to help out with on mine. Haha.

feel as though i am making some progress at last with the rado...carried out some service work on her today among other things treated to a new genuine oil filter and genuine fuel filter ngk spark plugs and soem nice fresh oil!!

also fitted the R32 sump and pump while i was at it the gruven crank pully was also fitted along with cleaning and servicing the rear brake bias control valve!

car feels a lot better than it did a couple of weeks ago i even lowerd it some more at the front just to get it sitting pretty!

heres the groovy gruven crank pully hopefully it will have a friend soon water pump pully

P1050214.jpg

r32 sump

P1050215.jpg

P1050219.jpg

as you can see it sits much better now

P1050217.jpg

P1050218.jpg

the rear bias was working but only just!! it was extremly stiff as they always seize up i thought it would be nice to do it while i had the ramp... so i stripped it cleaned it up and got it working as ti should...

hes beforeP1050216.jpg

and i forgot to take a pic of after!!! lol never mind

gave it a wash and polish this afternoon late and then it rained ......always happens to me

whats next?? i dont know, kinda stumped on what to do as it all involves cash money!

need to grab the water pump pully off of neal, need to find a garage in my area for rent as driving as a daily is a killer..... it breaks me as i wash it it rains i polish it i drive down the lanes.... :roll: i just dont want it to go to ruin now ive completed all this work....

i guess centre console re-fit , get the stereo in and sorted and then save up for the next list of goodies......

gruven crack pipe

silicone hoses

thermastat housing

thermastat

braided brake lines

nice work as always mate it never stops though does it ,its like you could have the perfect car n we still have to work on it :lol:

Good work on the sump, on my list of things to do as well. Did you get the pump new or 2nd hand as I heard there hard to get hold of.

in the quest for the old skool stereo i want to install i have landed a couple of these beauties!! had these the first time round and they were awesome back then! i know in car hifi has come along in leaps and bounds but im so far out of touch with all the new stuff im going to stick with what i know!! lol

rockford fosgate punch 40 and a punch 60 the real deal american made ones not the cheapy shite far eastern crap they come out with now...

P1050223.jpg

id like to get my hands on some coils for the sub/s and some other nice trick bits.... always on the look out for phoenix gold stuff but it must be the white series....

sanded down the rear lights yesterday i wasnt happy with the finish i had , real hard to take decent pics with a crap camera but i took them anyway!! very pleased with results nice and shiney

P1050228.jpg

P1050232.jpg

P1050226.jpg

i wanted to try a new tool out on this and it was pretty good i rekkon with some different grades of paper i can get a nice finish!! pity i cant use anymore though!! lol

P1050233.jpg

P1050235.jpg

P1050237.jpg

P1050238.jpg

only other update is i have started to replace all of the nuts etc under the bonnet starting with the slam panel , with stainless steel hexagon heads (allen key bolts) they look a little smarter than some of the tierd ol shit i have in there at the mo plus these wont tarnish!!

il get pics later...

got a few issues with the trusty old vr6 at the moment....now do i look at other options of engine...1.8t or r32? or should i fix up what i have???

seems i have a few faults all at once...i have a coolant leak which is almost impossible to detect but as of yesterday im pretty sure its the matrix :(

im also smoking on overrun....down hill coasting but it seem to be getting worse?? maybe as i have changed the oil pump recently and given it a service???? better pressure etc etc ??

so ive had a compression test done and the results were a bit weird...i guess the only real way to be sure is to strip down what i have and check it out but in the back of my mind im thinking is it worth it? after all its just old shit really....

i can not afford to re-bore as the pistons are so expensive that would right it off for me ...

piston 2

IMG_0282.jpg

piston 4

IMG_0283.jpg

piston 6

IMG_0284.jpg

piston 1 (first attempt)

IMG_0285.jpg

piston 3

IMG_0286.jpg

piston 5

IMG_0287.jpg

piston 1 (second attempt)

IMG_0288.jpg

piston 1 (third attempt)

IMG_0289.jpg

i took all the plugs out to do this test i tried piston 1 3 times i thought maybe the fuel pumping into the chamber was probably helping the test by the 3rd attempt....

so head off while its off chains and tensioners etc its starting to look like big bucks with out looking at rings etc what do you do?? its on 113k at the moment just wondering if this lot is going to cost me say ???? £800 give or take £200 then shoiuld i be looking at alternative routes???

thing is it might not be so sinister until i get the head off i dont know whats going on.....but then there is the bill of the tensioners!!! arrrgggghhhhh i need this to get me round europe next month im thinking do the trip get it back then strip it down all of it and re build??? as i then will have a second car (i dont at present) i can then spend time and money on doing the right thing...

shit i just need some advice and direction!

cheers

Corrrrrrrr your not wrong Nath :( IMO Piston 1 is low, did you put a drop of oil down the bores? if the compression goes up then u are looking at piston rings, did you do the test hot or cold? I think they should all be around 11-13 bar on all cylinders for a VR6.

does it use a lot of oil? litre/per 1000miles?

the coolant leak,does it smell in the interior? have check the electric water pump?

chris

well today i got on it and tried to polish my wheels!

while i was at it i decided to paint the calipers....as they look a bit rubbish

P1050245.jpg

wheels were bad again must keep on top of them!

P1050262.jpg

P1050261.jpg

been toying with the idea for a while about painting the band around my rims nimbus grey , i had the paint mixed up a while ago and as i do ,thought bugger it il try it and see what happens.... lol

P1050246.jpg

P1050247.jpg

P1050251.jpg

the wheels polished up alright!

P1050267.jpg

calipers look ok too..

P1050272.jpg

P1050266.jpg

P1050264.jpg

P1050258.jpg

now all i have to do is the other side!!!

lol i didnt even know i was going to do the calipers!! i had some red spray kicking about so i thoguht id give it a go...

been quite latley working..... god damn heater matrix let go this mornign though!!! so started to strip out the dash again#!!

thought this time i will take the time and install all the correct speaker cableing i wanted so i can et my music on the go too....

having a go at making my own rca cables this time i have some double shielded cable which looks awesome quality and i picked up some gold phono ends too so il get on it and show yous later...

as i was doing the matrix i thought im going to replace the thermostat housing and all relevant plastic while im at it and replace the stat itself just so its all new.... i really want to replace all the water pipes with silicone and the crack pipe with alloy or stainless but i just cant strecth to it just yet!

I met up with Nathan this week and saw the car in the metal. A bit wet to be looking around the outside, but the interior looks like it has just come out of the factory. Cracking work by a cracking bloke :salute:

Hello mate, car looks ace. I bought a cream interior for my G60 a few months ago. I used furniture clinic and was really impressed by their products as well. Was thinking about getting the kit to respray the seats as the bolsters on mine have been well used. Just wondered if you could tell me what filler you used light or heavy also is the colour a good match to the original? The thing is my rear seats, cards and door cards have all cleaned up so well and I want something that matches them, otherwise might just send a headrest off.

For the vinyl spraying I used a company call NWSR Ltd, the colour wasn't the same unfortunately but, they are sending me more after I sent them a better colour match (Bigger piece). I am spraying the dash to match, the finish is superb and it is out of a spray can!!

Ed (G 5XTY)

Hi ed, i used all of the furniture clinicstuff to paint even the plastics! its works a treat, you ron a slippery slope my friend i did the same as you have done and cleaned items but,........even when they look clean there is absolutly no comparison to when the stuff looks like new.

if you paint your seats you will end up doing the rest just so it all matches.... and the plastics , well they were so far out of match they had to be done and now it looks awesome.

i bought a medium kit but i had to top up on a few bits so a full on large bad bot kit will do the whole car comfortably.....inc plastics.

Yeah man the difference when I used the leather cleaner on the leather and the plastics. They all came up so much better, furniture clinic is very good. I used a hard garden brush, carpet cleaner and a power washer to clean my carpet up and it was amazing as well. All gone well just need to colour match the dodgey leather bits.

You have made it look so fresh again, you have done well. Hopefully mine will go as well.

Ed

How did you get on with the center console mate? i may have a certain bonnet youll be interested in soon :)