Vince@Stealth

Stealth Racing VR6 Turbo Kit discussion

LOL :D

I've been mucking around with cars for far too long mate! A lot of what I know comes from the master that is Vince, he's taught me so much over the years :D

The rest is just general playing around and research. Trying to make a daily car work properly with aftermarket management is sure way to increase you car knowledge 10 fold in a matter of weeks!

Just thought I'd mention that I drove Vince's VRT demonstrator on Friday as I wanted to try the Racelogic TC, and also get a feel for the kit.

It was too dry and traction was good, so didn't really get a feel for the TC, but the Launch control is fun and works well :D I'll have another spin in it (pun not intended!) when it's raining some time.

Having a VRT of my own, it's always nice to try other ones for comparison and to share ideas etc etc and I really like what Vince has done with his kit. As we both map these VRT engines, I know exactly where the troublesome spots are and I was pleased (and jealous) to find that Vince's mapping is ny on perfect :salute:

I also went out in a MK3 VRT, which is another car with one of Stealth's kits (but uses a GT35R turbo instead of the standard T4) and that was very nice aswell, so the mapping and hardware are really proving themselves out in the field. Well done Vince 8)

Just had the nod from Vince that mine is ready to go in next week for the Turbo. Has been quite a while since first booked in but it will be worth the wait. 'Just' the Stage 1 as I have the old hot wire MAF. I've had the TC for a while now but it just won't bleedin rain. Anyone want a VF9 charger?!!

Just had the nod from Vince that mine is ready to go in next week for the Turbo. Has been quite a while since first booked in but it will be worth the wait. 'Just' the Stage 1 as I have the old hot wire MAF. I've had the TC for a while now but it just won't bleedin rain. Anyone want a VF9 charger?!!

There was an Aqua VR on black speedlines there on Friday with the kit fitted, just awaiting mapping, so it's a regular production line of VRTs being churned through there at the moment :D He's looking into Stage 2 for hot wire MAFs though, which will make life cheaper and easier for you guys, if he can pull it off 8)

There was an Aqua VR on black speedlines there on Friday with the kit fitted, just awaiting mapping, so it's a regular production line of VRTs being churned through there at the moment :D He's looking into Stage 2 for hot wire MAFs though, which will make life cheaper and easier for you guys, if he can pull it off 8)

Which cars have hot wire MAFS?

All 92 - 94 AG ECUs. 95 on CP ECUs have the cheaper film MAF, which can use the £70 replacement element from a MK4.

Guilty as charged no pun intended :) it's my aqua blue vr It has been in a while but should be finished this week Really looking forward to the chance to take it for a spin :clap: Vince has been doing a fantastic job and has been doing tonnes of other bits for me while had the chance also has been too hot to use the rollers for long periods so the mapping has taken a bit longer than norm but should be all but finished now just need to road test etc.

Have had to sacrefice the ac but I am sure it is worth it in the end!

Will start a thread on my experiences once I get it back hopefully this weekend 8)

OK time to tell you all about my Stage1 + Stealth Racing VR6 Turbo conversion.

I've had the car a good few weeks now and it's excellent. We had some over boosting problems that were remedied by the use of an electronic boost controller, which is already mentioned on this thread. I would recommend this type of boost control for even the Stage 1, as it allows you access to 6 boost maps, some of which can be much tamer for road or 'girlfriend / wife' use!

The car is awesomely quick, yet it does everything an OE car should. It idles well, it never stalls, it manages it temperature well, in fact it feels like a massive NA engine, so smooth is the boost onset.

Vince should be applauded for the way it all fits, i.e. no intercooler hanging out of the bottom of the bumper etc.. I loved people thinking it was standard at GTi International!

The only hint that it is not standard is the exhaust note under load and of course the various pops and bangs on the over run. My friend Ash says that when driving behind it, it sounds like someone letting of fire crackers on Chinese New Year, every-time I back off the throttle!

I took it to GTi International and the ‘proof of the pudding is in the eating’ - it won fastest Corrado on Saturday - I say it, rather than I because of my RaceLogic. This system is amazing. It really allows the car to put the 'optimum' power down for the surface. It makes the car effectively faster in any circumstance. I would serious recommend this for anyone. Don't spend all your money on power mods, save some back for RaceLogic. Obviously the Launch Control is a complete hoot, especially at night, lined up traffic light Grand Prix style against some boy racer. Simply pull up, receive the collar up & baseball cap stares from all in the car to your side. Subtly push the little green button. On amber apply full throttle, the revs will rise, the car will then bang loudly through the exhaust and rock gently from side to side, their eyes will widen at the noise, the green light will come, swiftly yet gently engage the clutch plates and leave them for absolute dust as you accelerate with almost full power at the crank and your clutch as a variable slip torque converter!!

It’s a lot of money but when I sat down and thought about the cost of materials and the shear labour time involved, I’m sure Stealth are not profiting too greatly. Therefore I think it represent excellent ‘value’, if not cost.

One extra word of thanks to Vince. The over boosting occurred on a Saturday. I spoke to him later in the day and told him I couldn’t make it down the same day. So he opened up, unplanned, on Sunday and spent at least 5 hours with me. How many other companies would offer that level of service?

Guilty as charged no pun intended :) it's my aqua blue vr It has been in a while but should be finished this week Really looking forward to the chance to take it for a spin :clap: Vince has been doing a fantastic job and has been doing tonnes of other bits for me while had the chance also has been too hot to use the rollers for long periods so the mapping has taken a bit longer than norm but should be all but finished now just need to road test etc.

Have had to sacrefice the ac but I am sure it is worth it in the end!

Will start a thread on my experiences once I get it back hopefully this weekend 8)

Good stuff, another VRT on the forum! 8)

Yeah I had a nose under the bonnet of yours and he has indeed done a great job :salute: Yeah the A/C is no great loss imo, although I found on mine that he radiator from that system makes a good chargecooler heat exchanger though!

It’s a lot of money but when I sat down and thought about the cost of materials and the shear labour time involved, I’m sure Stealth are not profiting too greatly.

One extra word of thanks to Vince. The over boosting occurred on a Saturday. I spoke to him later in the day and told him I couldn’t make it down the same day. So he opened up, unplanned, on Sunday and spent at least 5 hours with me. How many other companies would offer that level of service?

:salute:

Might be interested in the charger, how old, what kit etc???

muppetlab, I am away at the mo but I will put up a spec on Friday. Usual stuff though. VF9 Stage 2 and all the gubbins. Neil

I read that with an ever increasing beaming smile. You should get a job selling Racelogic. Im going to have to get it now purely for the comedy moments like you described. Any ideas on how long to install?

The Race logic is pretty straight forward stuff if you are nifty with a soldering iron. Solder all joins including pins. If you order it direct from the company make sure you say it's for a Corrado. You need the long leads to go from the engine bay (Injectors) back into the car. The control box isn't weather proof so it needs to be under the glove box somewhere. Preparing loom say, an hour. Fitting whole lot to car, another hour and half. It's all in the preparation. Neil

Do the instructions come with details of which ABS wires to tap into, or do you have to figure that out for yourself?

A wireing diagram is a must. The 'which ABS wire goes where' is a bit vague. If you get it wrong its easily changeable in the software. The injectors have to be done correctly. I have a copy of the colour codes for the injectors and the new loom. Have to say here that I don't want to tread on Vinces toes! This is not a 'give it a go' job. Can go horribly wrong if you don't take care.

I'm with you on that one, I'd leave it to Vince. He'll soon be able to do it with his eyes closed. He'll have optimised the method of installation, through lessons that you've yet to learn as a first time installer!

After seeing your 0-60 times Greg I am very keen on getting Racelogic! Not sure whether to have a go myself or get Vince to install it. How much does Vince charge for the install?

I'm interested aswell, so that's 3 of us. I wonder if Racelogic would consider a discount if we get 5 or more buyers?

Talk to David Broadbent at Racelogic. Very helpful chap. Again make sure you get the long injector cut wires. I have a copy of the loom colour codes. Save a lot of legwork!! Neil

You mean Mike Broadbent :D Yeah I spoke to him March last year as it happens, to get some info and yeah he's a nice chap.

I have asked him for prices on 5 basic TC systems and 5 with launch.

Doh! Yup, that'l be him. Another minor point is the laptop interface is RS232. My 'modern' laptop only has USB com ports. A cheapy adaptor off eBay did the trick for setting up the software. Vince recons the adaptor won't be quick enough for live logging. Not felt the need!! Neil

Yeah good point. I had / have that problem with my standalone ECU and display equipment, so I'm already used to doing things the old fashioned / awkward way :D Ditto, it was a cheapo ebay USB>Serial converter that worked for me. Branded ones failed miserably! :lol:

Cool, I didn't know the RL had logging aswell, neat :D