biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

Sh1tter about the driveshafts.

Good to catch up at Stonor chap. Nearly done, until you can find something else to engineer on the car. :D

cheers guys... one of those things.. everything is done now though apart from wheels and shifter.. sounds easy, but the garage is only an 1" wider than the car either side so putting the wheels back on will be a 2 hour job, for sure! :lol:

Good to see you too Zippy! What a nice chilled day! Love Stonor.. first time I didn't have a hang over aswell!

B

One last stint saw the rado hit the road yesterday morning all haldex'd up! Took it for a quick 25 mile shake down drive to feel the difference. I was very happy with the Haldex 4wd - feels much better than the syncro stuff, gearbox is really nice and lots of traction! Only problem was I managed to blow the gearbox up?!?!?!?!?!?!? :( God knows how I did it with 340bhp but its truly seized now.. oh well, I should be able to get a new box in for the weekend and it should be back on the road by Sunday.. then fingers crossed there's enough time to get it ready for Bug Jam the following weekend - who's going? :lol:

I will have some pictures of the damage next weekend.

Mate, do you live in Onslow by any chance? If so, I've seen your car a couple of times (my mate lives just down the road- he's got a silver vRS estate).

Mate, do you live in Onslow by any chance? If so, I've seen your car a couple of times (my mate lives just down the road- he's got a silver vRS estate).

Yes mate.. small world.. pop over sometime. The corrado is at my cousins at the moment but once the new box is in I'll bring it back here. Have you seen me on the road or have you seen the car parked up?

Ha! New I recognised it- it was starting to bug me! Seen it parked up a few times. Next time I'm down visiting my mate, I may pop over for a quick hello- awesome looking C, by the way 8)

Did u make bugjam ben?

i did not had to work and prob for the best with this wonderful summer were gettin lol.

Did u make bugjam ben?

i did not had to work and prob for the best with this wonderful summer were gettin lol.

ummm no. Only got it on the road on Friday night after replacing the gearbox last w/e and I needed to run the clutch in so didn't go in the end + the weather was crap.

Its a sad day, the interior has just been SOLD. I hope the new owner enjoys it as much as I did. Oh well time to move on and do something different. :?

interior is all mine! just got to lay it out in the front room, and figure out what im going to do on it electrically! its really nice, a job to be proud of!

interior is all mine! just got to lay it out in the front room, and figure out what im going to do on it electrically! its really nice, a job to be proud of!

Excellent ! Glad you like it mate.. Will catch you at the weekend..

B

didnt know it was up for sale :( . How much did it go for if you dont mind me asking?

Was up for £950 and I was gutted as I wanted it :lol:

Cant wait to see what you're going to do next mate, have a good idea but you always seem to pull something better out of the hat 8)

Was up for £950 and I was gutted as I wanted it :lol:

Cant wait to see what you're going to do next mate, have a good idea but you always seem to pull something better out of the hat 8)

The replacment is a little more purposful tbh than the creative TVR dash. I hope it works all the same, I'm sure it will ;-) 8)

Ben whats the new alu flywheel you've fitted/bought?

Mind if I ask you what gearbox setup you're using (what its from, 02m/j/a/o/etc, changed any ratios, had to modify gearbox etc)... Tried reading through loads of pages to find out, but theres just too many!!

and... whats the shift mech you're using in a vid on youtube - its got a numeric lcd display on it - looks awesome - tell tell...

any info appreciated :)

Ben whats the new alu flywheel you've fitted/bought?

Mind if I ask you what gearbox setup you're using (what its from, 02m/j/a/o/etc, changed any ratios, had to modify gearbox etc)... Tried reading through loads of pages to find out, but theres just too many!!

and... whats the shift mech you're using in a vid on youtube - its got a numeric lcd display on it - looks awesome - tell tell...

any info appreciated :)

Hi chap.

I'm using a bog standard S3/TT 6spd 02M 4wd gearbox with a matching transfer box and rear diff. I haven't played with the ratios.. yet.. I'm running a fully electronically automated rear diff controller that can be set at FWD only, a chosen % or torque bias from 0-50% rear or 0-100% front or race setup which enables a 50/50 split or off altogeather for fwd rolling roads etc. The haldex AWD is a massive improvment over the old syncro system, very pleased with it thus far although I've not done much mileage with it yet. Grip on the road both in the wet and try is brilliant and there is very little wheel spin on full chat (350bhp) in any gear inc 1st...

The shifter I'm still testing and playing with as it needs a little adjustment but basically its a fully mechanical sequential shifter for the 6spd 02M gearbox. Its a fun bit of kit but I haven't quite mastered it yet, i.e shifting is still no faster than with an OEM shifter.. It has a LCD display to tell you what gear you're in and its as simple as pulling back to go up and pushing forward to come back down again.

Thats about it really. I have a pipe bender sitting in the living room waiting to mounted in the garage and used and some carbon fibre waiting to be sunk into a mould or two ;-) Thats all I'm saying at the moment.... :D 8)