Rams

Rotrex Charged Storm: She's Gone!

Where do you get your interior parts trimmed? Looks like a very good job, and I'm gonna be doing mine in the next 6 weeks so need to find a place not too far away hopefully. I've been pointed in the direction of Trim Deluxe but was also looking for other options too.

He's called Tim.... He works for a company that does brand new luxury cars, Ferrari, Bentley etc and does private work for me and friends at home. Some bits he takes to work if he needs the special glue when doing the head lining or something....

I'm happy to PM his number.

Harrier went and had his Recaros done and he was very happy with them. He's just a very decent chap that is mental with detail. You should see his own car. Almost 10 years in the building and its still not ready. Alcantara floor carpet all the way through. I was nearly sick! You guys think I'm bad! Lol

He's based in Poole Dorset. Happy to be a go between if you need help. He even had the Recaro symbol machined for me by his friend after we gave him the drawing.

It can become addictive

Edited by Rams

I can't believe I'm even typing this out but I'm not sure where to start...

I'm thinking about buying the car of my dreams and I know I'm going to fall in love with it and I couldn't see my Storm sat there so I'm of the opinion to start selling it in pieces.

I'm never going to get what I've ploughed into it so I won't even consider selling it as a complete car so I'm throwing this out there and hoping to see what interest I get!

I haven't even given this more thought except to announce my plans. My interior is possibly one of the best out there, engine, Rotrex charger which is producing one of the highest figures I've certainly seen on the charged Corrado scene. 332.4 BHP mapped by Vince - Stealth Racing.

If someone can assist me with what I need to do or how I should go about listing everything I would be grateful.

I'm sure my Recaro heated electric seats will be on most people's menu but don't know if I should look at selling the entire interior as everything has been trimmed, literally everything.

Each time I look at her I gulp but the new car, as in new to me will be making its way to me towards November and I've bough a TT to run around in so I could start the process sooner rather than later to get the heart ache over and done with.

Edited by Rams

Another one?! Whats going on?

Personally I think breaking is madness, although thats gonna give you potentially the best money so if you're gonna go that route:

Full interior - everything - don't break down further.

Engine

Charger

Wheels

Shell

Do you have parts to put it back to standard/ish?

Very sad to see a Storm being broken for parts, especially when there's nothing wrong with it.

Thing is, sometimes there are folks waiting in the wings with a lot of money to buy a well sorted Corrado - it could well be worth your time to try and advertise it 'as is' for a good price and see how you do?

Nooooo!!! What's with everyone jacking in the Corrados?

Would it not be financially viable to sell the choicest bits and maybe take like a standard interior in px and sell it as a car rather than break it? Seems like far too nice a car to see it broken up completely.

Edited by Jamie

This is a real shame it is one of the best no doubt!! tis a sad day but if your heart is set elsewhere you have to go with your heart :king:

Crikey seems sudden after all the effort you've put in, particularly recently. You HAVE to tell us what the new car is for us to have any chance of understanding the decision....!

Very sad to see a Storm being broken for parts, especially when there's nothing wrong with it.

Thing is, sometimes there are folks waiting in the wings with a lot of money to buy a well sorted Corrado - it could well be worth your time to try and advertise it 'as is' for a good price and see how you do?

This is very much true Jim.. if its just down to thinking 'will someone pay that' its worth advertising/putting feelers out, which I expect [hope] is the case here. Some people have a sense of 'I couldn't bear to see my car ruined' so would rather break, which to me is madness. Put the right money in my hand and you can literally set the car on fire in front of me :lol:

Can I ask what car is tempting you away..

And echoing people above, give it a try selling whole just in case. Be a shame to see it split.

silly. just sell it. won't be too much difference in price except ones a clean cut sale and the other leaves you with a pile of dregs you end up giving away.

No, c'mon, pass her on to someone who will love her !! Don't break it for financial reasons- it's a sin!!

What is going on at the moment?!!

Agree with the rest... try selling it whole, esp since you've given yourself time, and if nothing happens then put back to standard and sell that way. What a waste of a great example should it be broken.

Nooo please don't break another Storm.

Source some parts and put it back to standard or with a few choice mods. and save it from being broken up for parts.

Surely you'd get good money for all those quality modified parts if sold as job lots?

There's definately a niche market for seriously sorted, modified vdubs / Corrados, that Blackberry VR turbo 4x4 sold pretty quickly on here a while back for strong money, can't remember his forum name now! It's worth trying to sell it as is, or put it back close to standard imo.

Ultimately it's your decision though mate, best of luck with it all anyway.

Just took 2,5k in parts for a car which nobody liked to buy for 1,5k.

Just took 2,5k in parts for a car which nobody liked to buy for 1,5k.

Was it worth a grand of your time and effort ????

Storms in vgc+ are getting rare now and will attract a premium over a non limited edition VR, therefore breaking a perfectly good one should only be the very last resort, once all of the other options have been exhausted.

I agree with delfinis38 that breaking a car must take a serious amount of work hours in labour, time and effort.

To echo what someone else said- there is very often a raft of people waiting for a truly special Corrado to come up for sale, so I'd work out what you wanted for it first and put an ad up. I've had many enquiries for mine over the last couple of years, and some offers that have been very close to what I'd be looking for, so buyers are out there (even when you're not advertising).

Personally, I don't think I'd have the heart to rip mine apart after all the 100s hours of work put in, and would much rather someone else enjoyed it in the future.

+1 for hearing what's tempting you away :)

Was it worth a grand of your time and effort ????

Definitely. Spent around 25 hours to do this so £40 quid and hour, well worth for me.

Definitely. Spent around 25 hours to do this so £40 quid and hour, well worth for me.

hats off to you then . well done.

Lol, the Corrado isn't the only car in the world! Even the most dedicated get bored / fed up eventually and one less Storm on the road tilts the supply & demand in your favour. :D

Shocked and surprised like everyone else! I've said the same thing in Jims thread, but every single one of us will eventually move on. Lots of peoples time for that has come now, and most have been very very good examples.

If you can afford to run a TT as a runaround, and your keeping the lid on the "dream car", I'd say its not about making loads of money and you can afford it anyway. Put it up for sale as a whole, have your price in mind and keep to it quite strictly ensuring you maximise the money you'll get, and if it doesn't sell then break it for parts.

Others are moving on as they don't want to plough any more money into a car where they'll never see a return on that outlay. You've done the big expensive stuff, and have another car in mind so that's fair enough.

Time to pass the baton on to the next person, and remember your time in Corrado ownership fondly.

Good luck with what ever you decide to do,

It's your car,your money,

But Kevs,wrong,I'm getting buried in mine ! lol

others have done the same - Jay Renshaw, Biggerbigben, OSV, and most recently Haywire. Regardless, i would love to see what a 'luxury' Corrado would look and sound like, a role which yours epitomises without a shadow of a doubt.