Rams

Rotrex Charged Storm: She's Gone!

Is the ARB the right way up? You can fit them upside down on VR6s and the only clue is the situation you've got there :)

Ron, the 90 deg outlet should go back to the MAF. Straight part faces the charger, if that makes sense.

Hi Kev,

Basically mine has the charge pipe going into the straight part of the DV and then the L bend off the side vents back into the intake side of the charger.

Like this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76755[/ATTACH]

Carried out and oil and filter change today and replaced coilpack with new.

Plug car into VAG COM and have a fault with the MAF as it's getting wet. So will be turning attention to relocate this once I've worked out the best position.

I've discussed relocating the battery and bringing the filter and MAF into the engine bay so just going to start buying the parts.

Need a brake position sensor to fix my ABs light problem...

Hi Kev,

Basically mine has the charge pipe going into the straight part of the DV and then the L bend off the side vents back into the intake side of the charger.

Like this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76755[/ATTACH]

wicked diagram :)

That should be OK, so long as the dump goes back into the intake side, which it looks like it does.

if you're not getting any running problems (aside from wet MAFs), I wouldn't worry about it.

Cheers Kev, still chasing an illusive 1psi of boost that I sometimes don't get. The gauge gets to 5psi (should be 6) but other times it gets all the way to 6 :(

Well, I've just picked up my new machine and have to say, its a pleasure to drive. Completely different kettle of fish to the C.

I'm going to put my car in a friends garage which he offered me tonight and give it a few weeks and see how I feel.

The car I've bought, I could make money on and did contemplate trading a few cars and giving that a try as a side line / hobbie.

Drove back from the A34 to Bournemouth just now with the roof down. My friend said you've got to get the roof down and wrapped up and it felt brilliant. The sound of the V8 whilst a bit lazy in standard mode sounds superb.

Just before we left to go to Wales to collect the new car, I did feel bad walking past the C.

Even saw one on the motorway and gave it a cheer! So the love won't just end but I've got some nice parts which will sell easily so I'm in a good position to have a few weeks to fully decide.

This is the new toy

gu9u5u2u.jpgujy2urag.jpg

It is superbly comfortable and last night used the M button and stiffens steering and sharpens throttle response and sets EDC suspension.

It's not the E46 M3, its the E93 which I think they call it.

As the sun has come out, will be going for a drive with the roof down. There's no creaks at all from the roof, if you blind folded someone they wouldn't know.

Corrado needs to have the ZW1's wheels removed as the polished surface quickly gets dulled so will put the D90's back in and again, decide what to do....

Edited by Rams

Looks a great choice! Always fancied an e46 m3.

Sorry mate, maybe you know its not an e46 but you were just saying you always fancied one

Someone has stepped forward from quite far away and is interested to buy my Corrado. It started off with him wanting the entire interior for his project and now asked if he could buy the complete car and wants to see it this week!

This is horrible. It's almost like selling a limb. He's coming from a few good hours away and although I haven't advertised it yet probably because I don't have the guts yet but he's somehow managed to get me talking and is a big Corrado enthusiast and sounds like he could be the perfect chap to continue with her and get it to that perfect machine.

So in some ways, if it goes complete then she lives on which is nice because it's a Storm. Otherwise, I may consider a proper advert and will try selling as a complete unit first. Originally I didn't like this idea but I don't have to do the hand over I suppose, will ask a friend to do it so won't have to see it being driven away. That's always the hardest part!

Could be an ideal solution though, at least you don't have to strip it and post everything..

Not going to be easy either way as you are so attached...

Well today I've agreed a sale for the car complete. After an emotional day coming to terms with her going I feel encouraged that he Is the ideal buyer. I didn't even advertise the car but someone has as much love for it as I do and I'm sure he will enjoy the long drive home.

When she officially drives away I will be getting my gfriend to do the hand over. Don't fancy seeing that. The test drive was hard enough and I just let him take it out as didn't want to sit beside anyone in my own car..... He seems like a great chap and as crazy about Corrado's as I am. He said it certainly doesn't need more power! Lol.

Thanks to everyone for all the help along the way, even confided in my parents abroad and as they said, you've enjoyed the car and it kept you occupied and its something you can always look back on. Have met some great people along the way and hope that I can still be helpful when stumped questions arise.

Rams

Edited by Rams

Way way too good to break I feel for you though it's always sad selling a car but like others have said you have had enjoyment from it and have good memories to look back on. :)

The C has driven off into the sunset quite literally last Saturday. So I'm sure you will see the car on here soon with her new keeper. I'm sure he's the one to keep impressing on things and sharpen up the loose ends where I think it will be a very excellent corrado. The drive up was so strange, from Bmth to Exeter to meet part way and the scenery was really fantastic with rolling fields and super long views of green lush meadows and I was following my M3 and my friend had his first drive with the roof down and sun shining and it only took about 2 minutes for a reply when I asked if he could drive the M? But had to catch my M up and put my door down in 5th and she was catching the M easily! Luckily there wasn't enough space to really compare and as it was just about to be delivered it wasn't right but not one little smile as I knew what was about to happen. When we signed everything over and he drove away casually I still remained standing in the car park with my friend saying, come on Rams, let's go.... Come on..... I could only say, **** its gone! Actually gone! Can't describe the feeling but I jumped back into the M eventually after some food and hot coffee and had an epic drive back through twisty lanes and picking overtaking moments and didn't dwell on what just happened. So I'm sure I've done the right thing. I've kept looking at Nigel's 24V thinking ....... Mmmm lol

Edited by Rams

Gutted for you mate, but if it's the right thing for now then don't feel too bad. Plus the M3 isn't exactly a rubbish car to have to put up with! :lol:

And if Nigel's tempts you in I'm sure we'll all be here egging you on as usual.

Sorry to hear it's gone, although sounds like it has gone to a good home. At least you have a nice M3 - I can think of worse cars to replace a Corrado with!

Best move though IMO (other than keeping it), would have been a travesty if you parted it out!

The C has driven off into the sunset quite literally last Saturday. So I'm sure you will see the car on here soon with her new keeper. I'm sure he's the one to keep impressing on things and sharpen up the loose ends where I think it will be a very excellent corrado. The drive up was so strange, from Bmth to Exeter to meet part way and the scenery was really fantastic with rolling fields and super long views of green lush meadows and I was following my M3 and my friend had his first drive with the roof down and sun shining and it only took about 2 minutes for a reply when I asked if he could drive the M? But had to catch my M up and put my door down in 5th and she was catching the M easily! Luckily there wasn't enough space to really compare and as it was just about to be delivered it wasn't right but not one little smile as I knew what was about to happen. When we signed everything over and he drove away casually I still remained standing in the car park with my friend saying, come on Rams, let's go.... Come on..... I could only say, **** its gone! Actually gone! Can't describe the feeling but I jumped back into the M eventually after some food and hot coffee and had an epic drive back through twisty lanes and picking overtaking moments and didn't dwell on what just happened. So I'm sure I've done the right thing. I've kept looking at Nigel's 24V thinking ....... Mmmm lol

I can almost imagine the feeling in the pit of your stomach as it drove away Rams - a feeling i dont think i could handle again after selling my 16v years ago but good luck......& see you when your back in a rado ;) lol

you did well too sale in this market, I'm struggling, got an r32 seating on the drive,

did all them tyre prices get to you ?

your not serious about my 24v are you, would make me a happy man knowing she had gone to someone who could take her to the next level

Cheers chaps - you are all really top class people.

Nigel, I have received prices but always they end up buying by the time I've given them the price but need 4 tyres for friends car. Will email you.

But I've found myself looking at your advert a few times and going, don't be silly and then looking at it again. Maybe it's just too soon but I though for the price and the more relaxed way of having a c was appealing. I was secretly waiting to see how low the price went down to and then would have stuck my hand up as it's more a pricing factor especially as I've lost a lot of money by selling my own. But I'm sure all relative.

It's funny that the spacer adaptors on the car were ones I sourced for you!

Just get it bought Rams! We don't have to worry about nigel selling his car to a waster or listen to you pining for a new c!

^^^ what he said lol

Just get it bought Rams! We don't have to worry about nigel selling his car to a waster or listen to you pining for a new c!

Very good point very bluntly made just the way I like it say it how you see it Sean