Sign in to follow this  
Bojmobile

The Campaign Model

Before joining the forum I had never heard about the Campaign and thought that the Storm was the most exclusive spec Corrado that was available. I have only seen a couple of pretty c*ap pictures of them. Anyone got any good photos and info on the remaining 5? I know there is a member on the forum with the interior in his G60. People's opinion on the interior seem kinda mixed too. I think it looks pretty garish but would love to have one of only 6 Corrados ever made. What do people really think about the Campaign? Does anyone know anyone with one? Where are they? I'd love to find out.

Cheers

they were a special edition to launch the vr6 engine i think. K reg so getting a bit long in the tooth now and they had the early style interior.

do a search for campaign and you'll find stuff about them

chances are you'll never see one, yet alone get the opportunity to buy one

go to inters, you'll probably see one there.

and it will probably belong to CCGB mag editor Jeremery bromley, on this forum as 'campaign'

cheers

The interior is in the car of forum member Majik. Just wondered if we could pull together any info on the remaining Campaigns - they are like the Holy Grail of Corrados - someone must have seen one or know where they are?

Supercharged's mate has one too, so that's two I know of......the other 3 I think Campaign has details on?

I'm not overly keen on the interior myself but I think it works well as a complete package and is different from the usual colour schemes, but to put just the seats in a non-campaign doesn't work imo. You need the leather dash to finish it off.

just my 2p

K

they were a special edition to launch the vr6 engine i think. K reg so getting a bit long in the tooth

Weren't the Campaign VR6s launched on a J plate (Pre August 1992)?

Nope, all were 93 K's, one given to each of the 6 top UK dealers with no specified RRP

Hmmm I have a pic of a Campaign and the reg is J212 XVV so that's definately 1992. :wink:

Yeah Del, I think your right but i think most were only registered on a K as most sat at the dealers for a bit..

From what i've heard your right about the price as well but £21k seems a bit cheap to be honest as the standard VR without any options was nearly £20k at one point - adding leather to that must have brought the price to over 21!

Well, s'pose I'd better chip in here.... (Ahem!)

To clarify, they were released to the dealers at the end of June 92. The one in the press photos above (I've never actually been able to figure out WHICH one it was) actually had a "fake" plate on it, none of them were registered as this.

I have records of 4 of the Campaigns at the moment, although details on one is kind of incomplete as the (lady) owner in Suffolk isn't really interested in the "scene", but appears to have owned it from new.

Mine is the one from Gilders in Sheffield. The chap who I bought mine of, it was actually his 2nd Campaign (seriously!)

One of them was recently sold (via Autotrader, and a little help from the forum). This was believed to be the Scotts car.

The other one I know of is in London atm, on it's second owner, having previously resided in Northampton with a Mr Debono who sold it to buy his Ferrari (true!) This was the Listers of Coventry car.

It is rumoured (though never officially said) that one of them was written off before it even got into the UK. :shock: I'm not certain which one this was. I've heard this from a number of sources, but as I say it has never been proved.

The seats currently in Majik's car, I believe, were from one of the London cars, as apparently, one of them was in a pretty sorry state about 6 years ago, so it could have been this one, or it could have been the original one.

Finally, my view on the interior is that it looks very much more "lurid" in photos than it does "in the flesh" as most of the photos are using flash photography and the seats aren't really as shiny as they look. On the whole though, it really HAS to be said it is a beautifully put together package.

P.S. If you come to Inters you have have a butchers at mine if you really want :lol:

spooky or what........i was looking thru a late august 92 autocar mag classified section earlier on and spotted an advert for Karman the London VW dealer which had a "Corrado VR6 ltd edition 1 0f 6.....£24995" for sale........a full £5k+ over the list price of a standard VR........must admit i would love to buy a "campaign" cos i just love that interior(bar the dash).....prefer the look of the rotary controls tho

Interesting articles fellas. The Dusty Mauve paintwork on those cars looks stunning, like a sort of very dark purple/almost black. If only 6 Campaigns were released then surely it's the rarest of colours too?

You've just got to love such a rare genuine Limited Edition car, the unique features really add to the cars appeal and rarity.

So much better than the usual badge engineered notion of a Limited Edition. :D

I love them to bits. only ever seen one, but it was a minter.

Bit gutted really, As I really wanted a Dusty Mauve corrado, and then found out they only made 6!!

I have seen Corrados advertised on Autotrader as Dusty Mauve but they are not Campaign models. Any ideas anyone? I heard that as there was no fixed retail price they all ended up being sold cheap for around the 21K mark at the time which in hindsight is ridiculously low but that might just be hearsay.

I've always loved the Campaign.

Its kinda weird though how they don't seem to be totally hailed outside of the Corrado community as a rare car.. I mean there are like 5 of them left in the whole world. Thats gotta be rarer than some Ferarri's or classic Jaguars?! :)

I mean there are like 5 of them left in the whole world. Thats gotta be rarer than some Ferarri's or classic Jaguars?! :)

At the end of the day they were/are 6 of 100,000 Corrados....but with a brown interior. Not really headline grabbing stuff but in terms of a Limited edition run, I am struggling to think of any other Manufacturer that produced such a tiny number of 'Specials'.....

Truly rare....... :lol:

K

It's just shame that's the interior is the main reason they are special, because it doesn't appeal to many people.

Still, I wish I had one....and if I hadn't bought my 8v I'd have snapped up that one that was for sale late last year regardless of condition.

I would have done! I had £3500 in my pocket, and was scouring the trader looking for the right car.

I was in work for 7:30, by 10am I was in a train to cardiff to go get my corrado.

if I'd seen that campaign I'td have been mine! Shame it came up about a month later, but a good job a corrado fan bought it and not some anonymous car waster.