Sign in to follow this  
sprinterVR6

any strange 'raddo habits.....?

I used to get in, turn the engine on then try and find a sweet spot by wiggling the key a little to get the radio on when the ignition switch was knackered.

Now i just jump in, switch on, open sunroof on tilt and away i go :D

I always give it a glance backwards as i walk past it though

Get in the car like ive soiled myself just to avoid crushing the bolster.

Iphone plugged in and choons on.

And most importantly, strap myself in :lol:

Scan my surroundings 110%, 110% of the time, looking out for french cars wanting to smash into me. I'm praying this VR is going to last longer than the G60!

Turn the MFA to Oil temp as soon as I get in. Tilt sunroof if its not pissing rain.

Stroking it while I'm standing beside it. Didn't realise till someone pointed it out.

Waiting until at least 80 on the oil temp before booting it.

If other Corrado folk coming over and going for a blast, warm the engine up on the drive - to make sure I am ready.

Hope and pray she won't stall when slowing on appraoching a roundabout, lights, junctions etc - very intermittent fault.

Does it 3 - 4 times, then nothing for months and months.

Always make sure the interior light is off before shutting the garage door - even in the pouring rain. !!!

Always zero the clock when re-fuelling.

After seeing a few more on here, I now realised there are some more I do...

- turn ignition and always wait for coolant light to stop flashing

- once it has, turn the key on the second flash of the oil pressure light

- wait for the ABS light to go out, then get the oil temp up on the MFD

- sunroof open (slide) if it's not raining and the roof is not wet (why do so many people only tilt open it, is it because their sunroofs don't slide?)

- most of the time let the oil get to 80-90 before taking it above 3000 rpm, which is easy to do with the Schrick manifold as I have so much lower-down torque I change gear at diesel-rpm

- ALWAYS switch to the mpg on the MFD when I'm on a motorway/dual carriageway

- When coming to a stop/slowing down, I look in my rear view mirror to see the spoiler coming down

- At the petrol station... this is the most OCD one... which I do without fail... Pop the bonnet, then get out the car and fill up. EVERY TIME I fill up I ALWAYS fill to the first click, then round it up to the next £5 if I'm paying cash, or up to the nearest £5 then add £0.02 if I'm paying on card (so when scanning my bank statements I know when I've filled up with fuel, as it's always £45.02 or £30.02 or something like that, as opposed to a round number). Then when I've paid I open the bonnet and check the dipstick and washer fluid, and top up as necessary. Get back in the car and start the engine, then reset the MFD2 straight away. Let the car run whilst writing the mileage down on the receipt, then reset the mileage counter. Then open the sunroof and drive off... usually to the sound of horns from the car(s) behind me for taking so long.

- Always fold both wing mirrors in when parking

- Always look back to admire her, and occassionally just go to the window and look out at her parked in front of the house

If it's any consolation, I'd beep you as well!!

well you can go fook :lol:

It could be worse... I could do a pre-flight every time I start her up...

Being as I've realised everyone is Corrado nuts on here I don't feel too bad admitting I talk to mine... Sometimes I even ask her what music she wants on her stereo :oops:

Hmm... Well I always wait for the lights to stop flashing when the ignition is turned before I press the button to start Geoff (I also say a little pray to car gods)

Listen out for any unusual noises

Switch to oil until it's on 90ish then switch it to the time, I don't want to depress myself with the mpg.

Then I'm on the look out for pot holes that will break my back!

I suppose my weirdest one is that when I have done an over take or had a nice little run, I stroke the dashboard and tell geoffers what a good car it is! Lol......... And to think my mum tells me to get a 'good' car ( read new soul less car)

:? i didnt think i did anything differant in my raddo than any other car but reading this i realised i do loads ,,like getting in without sitting on the bolster ,wait and pray warning lights go out,open both windows a few inches (but never all the way down :nono: )watch peoples reaction as i drive thro town ,,have a keen eye on the road for bumps potholes ect.

always waight for oil temp and im often found looking out my house window to see it on the drive :luvlove:

Most of us have the same problems it seems.

Say sorry when i hit a speedbump or pothole.

Line the heater controls up the same way (about 10 o'clock) when not in use.

Both windows opened the same amount when going slowly.

Quick game of 'Guess the MPG' after 10 minutes on the motorway.

Cig lighter the right way up.

Always promising to sort the little draught from the interior door handle but never doing it (got chrome ones now and they get cold)

Slowing down when going passing full size shop windows and having a look.

Looking back when walking away to a) make sure the handbrake is on and b) because it looks so damn good :D

I always look back at mine just to make sure it hasn't rolled down my drive

Is there anyone on here who doesn't look back??

it's impossible not to

...Slowing down when going passing full size shop windows and having a look...

Glad I'm not the only one causing tailbacks just so I can check out my baby :luvlove:

Forgot about turning my MFA to oil temp, once upto temp and running steadily i can then shift my attention to MPG if required :)

For some reason my spoiler goes up at 55 so along a country road when stuck doing 50 behind a car, i have to drop back a little and accelerate to 55 to get it raised!

You lot are :cuckoo: :lol:

I just back mine out of the garage, switch the ECU display on and then hammer it up the road.

In the VRT I always start her up 10mins before deployment. Leave her idling on the drive;

Which is the single worst thing you can do to any engine.